Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Brentford, come on down

Manure currently stealing a win. Brentford will be every bit as unlucky to lose this game as we were against them, man u are absolute rubbish. Anyway the script for the thread is being played out as far as the scoreline goes. 

On 16/01/2022 at 23:55, nutty nigel said:

No one's about today to argue with you. I think their wi-fi's down...

🙃

Agreed that the Builder could not stop the calamity happening (as Purple described it). I assume you're a fair man Mr Nigel so (just for the record), said Builder was 'in charge of the club' for just a single, solitary relegation in his 11 year stint. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me as to the number of relegations your beloved Cook has been 'in charge of the club' for?

20 minutes ago, Bluefloyd said:

Manure currently stealing a win. Brentford will be every bit as unlucky to lose this game as we were against them, man u are absolute rubbish. Anyway the script for the thread is being played out as far as the scoreline goes. 

To be fair the stats do bare that out, more shots and on target, but it’s goals that count!

I know by this time on Friday il probably  think we are rubbish and won't get another point, but right now the confidence of beating Everton means I'm thinking beat Watford and we are 7 behind brentford.

Beat them at home and its only 4

Suddenly they are catchable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed that the Builder could not stop the calamity happening (as Purple described it). I assume you're a fair man Mr Nigel so (just for the record), said Builder was 'in charge of the club' for just a single, solitary relegation in his 11 year stint. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me as to the number of relegations your beloved Cook has been 'in charge of the club' for?

Beloved cook?💕💛💚

We're talking about beloved Brentford! 💕♥️🤍

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh he mad

The guys an utter bell end. 

Manure are a joke, that Rangnick apparently taught Koop everything he knows and is a football philosophy bloke.

Yeah, and I’m Fanny Craddock.

They’re playing worse under him and were just as bad as Brentford last night. The only difference is that they took their chances, while Brentford squandered most of theirs.

As for Brentford, they are on our list of teams to catch now, that’s now Newcastle, Watford, Southampton, Villa and Brentford. Burnley are in a lot more of a predicament than us and we should beat them.

On 16/01/2022 at 19:30, cambridgeshire canary said:

'standard for a lot of newly promoted teams'

Except us we are ahead of the curve by getting relegated the first time 😉

… and Wolves who have consolidated their place in the league now.

14 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

I know by this time on Friday il probably  think we are rubbish and won't get another point, but right now the confidence of beating Everton means I'm thinking beat Watford and we are 7 behind brentford.

Beat them at home and its only 4

Suddenly they are catchable.

Things can change very quickly when there are three points available every game. If Brentford continue to struggle and we carry on picking up points, we will catch them.

I make this point time again the minute Frank and Brentford come under pressure cracks start opening. They choked automatic promotion god knows how many times from the championship.

It is all if and buts but take away the 4 points from the opening day win against a COVID depleted Arsenal and the point they got at Liverpool and they would now be on big trouble they still might be.

Edited by Ulfotto

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Weren't we ten points behind Brentford in the Champs last season?

Was that when they won the title half way  through the season?

8 hours ago, Alex said:

The guys an utter bell end. 

I'd absolutely take this attitude over 'we have no chance in games against the top 6' as we had recently.

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Was that when they won the title half way  through the season?

Just checking the state of the league table last season to sate my curiosity. Brentford got two points ahead of us after 28 matches but then we grabbed top spot back after 29, so my memory was playing tricks on me a bit.

Can be found here if anyone wants to play around with the tables.

Championship 2020/2021 » 35. Round (worldfootball.net)

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If Brentford continue to struggle and we carry on picking up points, we will catch them.

Absolute genius statement that. Although it is flawed - we have to carry on picking up points! Have you seen our upcoming fixtures? 

Irrespective of whether they have “been found out”, whatever that actually means, they are far to far ahead I’m afraid. People say, it’s only 7 points, but a 7 point swing is A LOT when you’ve only got 9 from wins all season. It sounds a small margin but the reality isn’t so.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Irrespective of whether they have “been found out”, whatever that actually means, they are far to far ahead I’m afraid. People say, it’s only 7 points, but a 7 point swing is A LOT when you’ve only got 9 from wins all season. It sounds a small margin but the reality isn’t so.

Our problem hasn't been getting points from wins, it's only having 1 point from draws...

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Our problem hasn't been getting points from wins, it's only having 1 point from draws...

You mean 4 points from draws. Draws are not going to be much of a help if people have eyes set upon getting above Brentford.

12 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Also, with only three wins all season our problem very much HAS been all about getting points from wins I’d say.

48 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

You mean 4 points from draws. Draws are not going to be much of a help if people have eyes set upon getting above Brentford.

Sorry, yes my mistake, 4 from draws, but Burnley and Newcastle have got 9 and 8 points from draws. We are only 2 wins fewer than Southampton and crystal palace, if we had turned a couple of our close loses into draws then we would be put of the relegation zone and I would say (though am happy to be corrected) that there have been more close loses that we deserved a point from than dominant draws we could have turned into wins...

2 minutes ago, Bluefloyd said:

The meltdown gathers pace

The classic 'getting on a boat with half naked women, getting drunk and insulting your club while leaving your girlfriend and young child at home' routine 

Come on we've all done it..😉

5 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

The meltdown gathers pace

Though unlikely, and certainly unwise, there is always the possibility that comparing where they were on holiday with Brentford  brought them to the conclusion 'f*** Brentford'. Perhaps it is aimed at the place rather than the club.

There is also the possibility that somebody deliberately set out to cause mischief by asking the question "How does this place compare with Brentford?" to elicit the response from a couple of holidaymakers who had probably had a drink or two.

Edited by Sooty57
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

Though unlikely, and certainly unwise, there is always the possibility that comparing where they were on holiday with Brentford  brought them to the conclusion 'f*** Brentford'. Perhaps it is aimed at the place rather than the club.

There is also the possibility that somebody deliberately set out to cause mischief by asking the question "How does this place compare with Brentford?" to elicit the response from a couple of holidaymakers who had probably had a drink or two.

His dog, Brentford, had taken a dump in his favourite slippers. So he posted a video to show his displeasure.Nothing to do with his football club which he named his beloved pooch after.😉

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Can you imagine if Pukki got videoed says “f@£k Norwich” 😂😂

Let's be real this place would explode if a video of Cantwell turned up with him drunk on a boat with strippers saying '**** Norwich'

Ooooh, the chaos

• Haha 1