Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Brentford, come on down

4 losses out of last 5 games

Thumped again today at Liverpool

32% possession, 6 shots, 1 on target, 0 corners.

Beaten 3-0 with no Salah or Marne for Liverpool

Bubble bursting big time, 15th in the form table, goals drying up, Man U on Wednesday, and they're slowly but surely heading in our direction.

Been found out. Thought it might take a little longer, had a hunch they might do the Sheffield United route of doing ok this season before falling apart the next but.. It's interesting to say the least

Can't see it to be honest. Two of those losses were City and Liverpool and they beat Villa three games ago.

They had a run of 4/5 straight defeats earlier in the season culminating in our 2-1 win at their ground (our first win of the season) but bounced back from that  - a much worse run of form than their currently one. 

We basically have to double the rate of points we picked up during the first half of the season, whilst they half their own. Would be a miracle.

Although I do think our form will pick up, as well as Newcastle's and probably Burnley's, it will be pretty freakish if any team other than the bottom 4 gets dragged into it.

• Like 1

Brentford still have to play Burnley, Newcastle and Watford. We don't want Brentford losing to them and draws will be enough to keep them out the bottom 3.

Second season syndrome quite possibly, but I would love us to stick around to have one!

There is no chance of them being dragged into the fight I'm afraid. They are too far ahead.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

There is no chance of them being dragged into the fight I'm afraid. They are too far ahead.

Disagree with that, next four games very important for them. Play Man Utd and Man City, as well as a difficult away game at Everton who will be after a new manager bounce and home game against Wolves. If they have a bad run and a few teams below them do well - us included of course, then they could easily be down just above the drop zone.

I'm not pinning too much on Brentford's result today against Liverpool. 

They will probably survive this season and go down the next as standard for a lot of newly promoted teams. 

It would take a continuation of catastrophic form for them to be drawn into this but I do hope it happens. It probably won't.

Edited by Chelm Canary

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Noooooooo 

Not beloved Brentford 🤭

But.......if they do stay up then they may have Bournem*ff to contend with as the media darlings 🤗

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brentford still have to play Burnley, Newcastle and Watford. We don't want Brentford losing to them and draws will be enough to keep them out the bottom 3.

Second season syndrome quite possibly, but I would love us to stick around to have one!

I'm cheering them for this reason

I think Palace can get sucked in only one point in front of Brentford

23 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I'm not pinning too much on Brentford's result today against Liverpool. 

They will probably survive this season and go down the next as standard for a lot of newly promoted teams. 

It would take a continuation of catastrophic form for them to be drawn into this but I do hope it happens. It probably won't.

'standard for a lot of newly promoted teams'

Except us we are ahead of the curve by getting relegated the first time 😉

I think Brentford could go on a massive run of losses if they get nowt in the next 3 or 4. They may even struggle to reach 30-35 points (here's hoping)

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, we just had our new team could of seasons almost a decade ago, since then we've yo-yoed

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lol there is that. 

Ivan Toney as well. Was the next big thing wasn't he. Won't get to double figures in goals. I think they've got enough to survive this year but you never know. There's quite often one team that gets sucked into the relegation fight.

Don't get me wrong I think Brentford are **** but I believe that they have picked up enough points at this stage of the season they would have to have a disastrous end to the season to he relegated. 

Edited by Alex

The thing Brentford were never good at in the Championship was dealing with any pressure situation. If and it is a big if they get drawn I would expect them to choke.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Don't get me wrong I think Brentford are **** but I believe that they have picked up enough points at this stage of the season they would have to have a disastrous end to the season to he relegated. 

Just like Norwich did in '94/'95 !
7th half way through the season (30 pts). Relegated at 3rd from bottom (43 pts).*

* 22 clubs in the division.

1 hour ago, K Lo said:

Just like Norwich did in '94/'95 !
7th half way through the season (30 pts). Relegated at 3rd from bottom (43 pts).*

* 22 clubs in the division.

Sorry but that cannot be the case. Must be Wiki getting it wrong again. Robert Chase was in charge of the club then and he simply would not have let such an obviously avoidable calamity happen.🤓

21 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Sorry but that cannot be the case. Must be Wiki getting it wrong again. Robert Chase was in charge of the club then and he simply would not have let such an obviously avoidable calamity happen.🤓

No one's about today to argue with you. I think their wi-fi's down...

🙃

• Haha 1

Come on lads, if you’re going to try to be funny at least make an effort. This is under 10s standard at best. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Come on lads, if your going to try to be funny at least make an effort. This is under 10s standard at best. 

If you can’t sort out your and you’re, I’m not sure you can be claiming a gag is under 10s standard. 😉👍

Edited by Duncan Edwards
Added emojis, y’know, to keep things light
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I seem to recall that Blackpool were something like 8th at Christmas but still went through the trap door at the end of the season

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If you can’t sort out your and you’re, I’m not sure you can be claiming a gag is under 10s standard. 😉👍

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Many thanks Duncan, corrected for you. 

5 hours ago, Making Plans said:

I seem to recall that Blackpool were something like 8th at Christmas but still went through the trap door at the end of the season

To be honest the bottom three will probably struggle to get 30 points this season on current form and Brentford are already on 23 points. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

To be honest the bottom three will probably struggle to get 30 points this season on current form and Brentford are already on 23 points. 

This.

• Like 1