pete

Watford playing Tuesday

Watford play at Burnley Tuesday evening another must not lose for them after late leveller at Newcastle.  We can only hope for another draining draw and along come Norwich next suddenly look like a PL team to give Watford a hiding.  Maybe an omen our only two consecutive wins this season were against teams ending in Ford and Ton, put Everton to the sword Watford up next.

• Like 2

I’d not noticed their game was so soon - though I’d not hold your breath after the Burnley postponement yesterday. If it’s played perhaps they’ll pick up a few niggles for Friday…given our potential injury list we will want to clutch at any advantage we can get.

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Come on Burnley, give them a hiding

A draw would be much better for us. We don’t want any of these teams getting wins.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Everyone saying about the games in hand but that just means fixture congestion for the others.

Was going to say this. I think it is unwise to cancel so many. It will lead to a splurge of back to back games at the crucial part of the season 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Come on Burnley, give them a hiding

It has taken us long enough to put Burnley at the bottom of the table so only you would wish them to win their next game. Have a word with yourself cambridge for goodness sake.

Of the fixtures between other teams around us, I’m hoping they all turn out to be draws so both teams are dropping points. All the teams around us having games in hand is rather pressurising as you don’t know what the outcome will be, but like others have said there is a positive about it. It means more midweek fixtures for the others, which gives them less time to recover for their next fixture

• Like 1

Bad news for us today following yesterdays barnstorming win. The inevitable Fat Spaniard sacking is likely to lead to an upturn in Everton's' fortunes and they still have two games in hand + six points more. Then Leeds go and win at West Ham FFS!

Can't see anything other than three from the bottom four. If we can keep key players fit and get others back (AO and, of course, Normann) then we have a chance but you do fear our wretched form under Farke + that recent appalling six straight losses has shafted us. 

Barring a complete Brentford collapse or Everton imploding it's been one of the bottom four for months now. Nobody else is in trouble barring a double miracle - the implode and the bottom four suddenly start winning. Our only target is to finish above Burnley, Sandcastle and Watford. 

Amazing how just one win suddenly has so many looking at other teams fixtures and saying if this happens....if that happens...its really funny considering  its all about City and what our team do. Yellowrider  at least was most realistic...that 6 game loss was the sequence that will ultimately prove to be the point of no return.

Just to give ourselves an outside chance of avoiding the drop realistically means us winning our next 3 or 4 games..any evidence to suggest this squad can do that?...none. But i dont mind anyway, the clubs general financial health is the most important thing and right now its not to bad, although playing once more in the Champs next season will bring restraints as it always does. But for me, the most immediate thing is trying to better two seasons ago, maybe finishing19th or 18th is possible. also beating the lowest season goal tally for the Prem of 20 goals...for me that is going to be hard enough as things stand, never mind having pipe dreams of surviving.

I think we have to do whats necessary to try and survive. If that means playing the style we did Saturday then that is OK by me. Not what we are used to since Neil but if it neutralises the opposition in our half as it did then keep going with it.

Watford usually bully us and from what we've seen in our last two matches, that isn't going to be so easy for them to do, plus the midweek game they have may throw up some injury/fitness issues for them for Friday.  All in all, this isn't any more a Farke team that is susceptible to teams like Watford - we have seen what is possible now within our squad when players are fit and firing - and we should go there with a real positive outlook. That they play on Tuesday can only be of help to us, even if they win that game, because if they do, at least it cements Burnley's position, although a draw would be a better result, obviously.

We are miagi dojo, and Watford are cobra kai. They will be dirty, cheat and try to sh*thouse their way to a win. We will score in the 90th min with a crane kick. 

8 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Bad news for us today following yesterdays barnstorming win. The inevitable Fat Spaniard sacking is likely to lead to an upturn in Everton's' fortunes and they still have two games in hand + six points more. Then Leeds go and win at West Ham FFS!

Can't see anything other than three from the bottom four. If we can keep key players fit and get others back (AO and, of course, Normann) then we have a chance but you do fear our wretched form under Farke + that recent appalling six straight losses has shafted us. 

Hopefully a new manager can inspire Everton to beat the bottom sides for us. It's really looking like 3 from 4.

We still have to be favourites for relegation I think, but at the very  least let's make it a fight

With Watford players on African nations duty, injuries and general knackeredness hopefully that will play into our hands if we play like we did against Everton.

Edited by Jersey Canary

14 hours ago, Canario said:

Barring a complete Brentford collapse or Everton imploding it's been one of the bottom four for months now. Nobody else is in trouble barring a double miracle - the implode and the bottom four suddenly start winning. Our only target is to finish above Burnley, Sandcastle and Watford. 

I think we may see a Brentford collapse. Everyone has played them now and knows what to expect. And surely they've now used up all their luck?!  I think they'll just survive but I'll part with a few quid on them to go down next season 

17 hours ago, pete said:

Maybe an omen our only two consecutive wins this season were against teams ending in Ford and Ton, put Everton to the sword Watford up next.

Wow. I admire optimism, but that's a new level 😁

14 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

We are miagi dojo, and Watford are cobra kai. They will be dirty, cheat and try to sh*thouse their way to a win. We will score in the 90th min with a crane kick. 

This is hilarious and weird.. I was watching Karate Kid 3 last night to ensure I’m fully up to date before I begin my marathon of Cobra Kai the tv series. I’ve seen the first 2 seasons but was informed I needed to watch KK2 and 3 to really understand season 3 and 4. I fully agree with your statement. The fact Watford also play in black and yellow too… Man, I hate Watford.

10 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

This is hilarious and weird.. I was watching Karate Kid 3 last night to ensure I’m fully up to date before I begin my marathon of Cobra Kai the tv series. I’ve seen the first 2 seasons but was informed I needed to watch KK2 and 3 to really understand season 3 and 4. I fully agree with your statement. The fact Watford also play in black and yellow too… Man, I hate Watford.

I mean I don't hate them but it is very annoying they always seem to bully us, nevermind that they do have some uh.. 'interesting' fans and all..

watford.png

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean I don't hate them but it is very annoying they always seem to bully us, nevermind that they do have some uh.. 'interesting' fans and all..

watford.png

They all look like the same person at various points in their life (top right photo excluded)

• Haha 1

Want a draw in this one (if Burnley don’t get it called off).

as to whether we can catch anyone else I suppose the point is that if we are going to get out if this we are going to need to win at least 6 or 7 games which does bring into the equation a mid table team possibly having a collapse but Leeds two recent wins have been a bit if a blow. We will regret letting that sh*t Leeds team win so cheaply at Carrow Road. 

16 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Watford usually bully us and from what we've seen in our last two matches, that isn't going to be so easy for them to do, plus the midweek game they have may throw up some injury/fitness issues for them for Friday.  All in all, this isn't any more a Farke team that is susceptible to teams like Watford - we have seen what is possible now within our squad when players are fit and firing - and we should go there with a real positive outlook. That they play on Tuesday can only be of help to us, even if they win that game, because if they do, at least it cements Burnley's position, although a draw would be a better result, obviously.

Fair points. 

Watford's style has been a nemesis to us for some time. They are a cheaper version of Palace and we don't do well against physicality and string runners. 

It is, a good acid test if we can put out a strong team and hopefully one not including lightweight midfielders. 

Edited by Ramrod

Watford not having Sarr is big for us. He’s almost beaten us single handedly the last few times we’ve played them. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Watford not having Sarr is big for us. He’s almost beaten us single handedly the last few times we’ve played them. 

Agreed. He's a fantastic example of what we miss in an attacking sense at this level too (Idah is coincidentally providing a version of that right now - a bit of strength, power and pace all-in-one)

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Yep, like Leeds with Raphina, Everton - Richarlison, Newcastle - Saint-Maximin, literally every other team seems to have at least one player who on their day is totally unplayable. Cannot be understated how much influence him missing has had on them. Last time he played they beat Man Utd in November, they've picked up 1 point since then. He's due back on the 8th Feb, hoping that return is delayed and he doesn't regain any kind of form this season.