Rhino1

Many apologies to that young Mr.Idah

I hold up my hands and apologise to Mr Idah, I posted a few weeks ago saying I simply didn’t get it; I didn’t  see what value he brought to a team, ran around but really delivered nothing. Yes I admit it I was wrong, I totally misjudged him. Against West Ham I saw a very different young man start to emerge, more aggressive, more confident, higher tempo and always showing for the ball all over the place. Yesterday he built on that performance and was a right royal pain in the ar-e to Everton; I think we have a player!! Not sure what the management team have done but I think we are going to like this version. It’s also a timely reminder, that we are quick to judge - let’s hope we a similar transition from the likes of Tzolis, Sargeant and others ! You never know we may win the championship again next year, that will pee off the Norwich slayers, the likes of talk shi-e!!!! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good post. As a long time fan one sees players emerge and confound. Numerous players I’ve underestimated only for them to become talisman e.g Malkie, Ewan etc. My guess after seeing a few games of late is Josh is on route too. 

It’s almost as if those professionals who work with the players all week really do see more than us supporters. 🤷‍♂️

Early days but I'd written him off myself. He's gone from a player most people wanted loaned out to a championship club to an asset in my mind that we need to keep hold of. 

A year ago who would you rather have seen leave first - Cantwell or Idah?

Should be a lesson to Cantwell about working hard, perseverance and loyalty....not that I think Cantwell will care. 

28 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s almost as if those professionals who work with the players all week really do see more than us supporters. 🤷‍♂️

Surely not 😔

There'd be no point having forums such as this if we always agreed with the 'professionals'. Here's hoping Deano will get more out of him than Farke could, not that Farke seem to try very hard with his 89th minute substitutions.

Adam has now produced two good performances in succession, but he needs to do that every week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

It’s also a timely reminder, that we are quick to judge - let’s hope we a similar transition from the likes of Tzolis, Sargeant and others !

We are too quick to criticize the leaky defense, but even a Prime Pep team that surrendered possession as much as we do and pressed as little/lightly as us, would start to crack. The key has often been the midfield and how the whole team presses.

If we find a cutting edge in our forward line, alongside the grafting in defensive duties for the team - Rash scored against Charlton, Idah Vs Everton - if the confidence goes up we'll see a very different City. Just imagine (ok, maybe help yourself to some stiff drink 1st) if we win a game via a good goal from Josh at the Carrow.

Yes I’m delighted for him. There probably weren’t many who thought he could be the real deal, I myself had lost faith that Idah was the solution but if he can continue with performances like that then we could be looking at our striker of the future post Pukki.

☘️🇮🇪

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Nah not buying it. Doesn't add up. Why do all our managers pick McLean!?! 😉

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

Yes I’m delighted for him. There probably weren’t many who thought he could be the real deal, I myself had lost faith that Idah was the solution but if he can continue with performances like that then we could be looking at our striker of the future post Pukki.

☘️🇮🇪

I'd like to think so but there is one very big problem!

IF the boy can continue this upturn in form and was to, say, bag five or six goals by end season then he most certainly won't be playing for us next season whatever league we're in. £25M will get dangled and the self funding model will kick in.  

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I'd like to think so but there is one very big problem!

IF the boy can continue this upturn in form and was to, say, bag five or six goals by end season then he most certainly won't be playing for us next season whatever league we're in. £25M will get dangled and the self funding model will kick in.  

Disagree. But pointless talking about it on either side until it becomes relevant. Were you correct, though, then Pukki, Aarons, Cantwell would have been sold a while ago.

2 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

☘️🇮🇪

I thought exactly the same. Failed to make much of an impact in the Championship last season or in the PL earlier this season, but if  he manages to score a few more goals this season I think he may turn out to be an ideal replacement for Pukki, who I don’t think has any more than one Championship season left on him. If we get relegated I think he may turn out to be quite a threat in the Championship next season

55 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Disagree. But pointless talking about it on either side until it becomes relevant. Were you correct, though, then Pukki, Aarons, Cantwell would have been sold a while ago.

Fair point you have cited albeit that there has never been any evidence of any club actually making serious enquiries for Dereham. I can offer you the names of Lewis, Godfrey and Buendia who were sold (and, of course, one J Maddison before that).   

2 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I thought exactly the same. Failed to make much of an impact in the Championship last season or in the PL earlier this season, but if  he manages to score a few more goals this season I think he may turn out to be an ideal replacement for Pukki, who I don’t think has any more than one Championship season left on him. If we get relegated I think he may turn out to be quite a threat in the Championship next season

Whenever Teemu doesn’t score for a couple of games, we get this kind of stuff trotted out. He’s not a player who relies on physical attributes that will fade quickly as he gets older, what makes him a quality player is his positioning and footballing intelligence (although maybe they’re the same thing). I can seen him as the next Jamie Cureton, still effective at 35+.