Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

New injuries?

Fantastic win yesterday, but I was concerned with Max and Tim, less so Williams (who looked like cramp), potentially adding to our injury list.  The list has thankfully come down but is still pretty long (Normann, Gilmour, Rupp, Omobamidele, Zimbo with McLean ill yesterday) and including some important players.

It was very noticeable how Krul went off really quickly and took no part in the ‘celebrations’ yesterday, as I’m sure he would have done.  I couldn’t quite see what happened to him, it looked fairly innocuous but landing awkwardly can hurt - and we saw with Hanley that it can lead to a spell out.

The EDP says that Max was a dead leg, Williams was cramp, Hanley landed awkwardly again and Krul was the most concerning, as he hurt his shoulder apparently. Of Krul, it’s less than ideal. 

Tim Krul suffered a 'concerning shoulder injury' which will be fully assessed today. First impression was that it didn't sound good but we'll see what today brings.  

It looked like Hanley was having issues with his shoulder to me too. I fear Aaron’s may be out for some time though.  

21 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Tim Krul suffered a 'concerning shoulder injury' which will be fully assessed today. First impression was that it didn't sound good but we'll see what today brings.  

Gunn back in goal then..

afcf1e13844005.56278f4e36f63.jpg

I’d not heard/noticed Hanley was struggling yesterday, but I think they did say he was having injections. Friday is a pretty crucial game, it seems likely to be too soon for those already out so we could rather do with having any additions…but the way things have gone you have to fear the worst.

59 minutes ago, astro said:

It looked like Hanley was having issues with his shoulder to me too. I fear Aaron’s may be out for some time though.  

Aaron’s was seen by Michael Bailey after the game without the protective boot or crutches. He seems to hold his ankle a lot in games, hopefully it was all just precautionary 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Fantastic win yesterday, but I was concerned with Max and Tim, less so Williams (who looked like cramp), potentially adding to our injury list.  The list has thankfully come down but is still pretty long (Normann, Gilmour, Rupp, Omobamidele, Zimbo with McLean ill yesterday) and including some important players.

It was very noticeable how Krul went off really quickly and took no part in the ‘celebrations’ yesterday, as I’m sure he would have done.  I couldn’t quite see what happened to him, it looked fairly innocuous but landing awkwardly can hurt - and we saw with Hanley that it can lead to a spell out.

I do not think it was innocuous, the Everton player took him out whilst he was in the air gathering the ball, got right in underneath him (red card in Rugby 😀), I think it was retribution for time wasting. As Krul lay on the floor the same Everton player had a go at him and bounced the ball off him. Genuinely surprised that the ref did not book the Everton player, but then he did not give a free kick after Richarlison took Max out after the ball had gone.......

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I do not think it was innocuous, the Everton player took him out whilst he was in the air gathering the ball, got right in underneath him (red card in Rugby 😀), I think it was retribution for time wasting. As Krul lay on the floor the same Everton player had a go at him and bounced the ball off him. Genuinely surprised that the ref did not book the Everton player, but then he did not give a free kick after Richarlison took Max out after the ball had gone.......

Sounds more iffy than I realised, and it’s not been shown again.  Just have to hope it’s ok and feels better after a day or two.  Us needing to rely on Angus longer term doesn’t seem the best prospect right now.

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d not heard/noticed Hanley was struggling yesterday, but I think they did say he was having injections. Friday is a pretty crucial game, it seems likely to be too soon for those already out so we could rather do with having any additions…but the way things have gone you have to fear the worst.

His arm looked limp after a foul against him about the 70min mark, and he was feeling his shoulder a bit from that point on.

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I thought the challenge on Aarons was at the very least worthy of a yellow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Aaron’s was seen by Michael Bailey after the game without the protective boot or crutches. He seems to hold his ankle a lot in games, hopefully it was all just precautionary 

That’s a relief if so. It may be he is struggling with something long term as I feel he has lost that bit of pace and drive. 

Perhaps last foreign loan should be a keeper- Gunn is a liability at this level - just look at the results when he plays - a bit harsh as others contribute- but not altogether 

Smith said after the game that Aarons was fine. Krul sounds a bit more worrying. Hanley is continuing to scottishly play through the pain barrier.

Think if Krul is out for long term a new keeper this window is a must. Angus Gunn for the remainder of this season would be awful

8 hours ago, TESCO said:

Think if Krul is out for long term a new keeper this window is a must. Angus Gunn for the remainder of this season would be awful

It would be a concern, based on recent form, for sure - not too sure McGovern as back-up would fill me with too much comfort either, but it is what it is…hopefully Tim isn’t too bad.

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It would be a concern, based on recent form, for sure - not too sure McGovern as back-up would fill me with too much comfort either, but it is what it is…hopefully Tim isn’t too bad.

I concede that he’s got older, but whenever McGovern has had to step up before, he’s done a decent job, something that quickly gets forgotten it seems.

I think the problem with McGovern is that he’s barely kicked a ball in anger for an entire season.  I suppose it’s always an issue for reserve keepers - perhaps more than any other role you need them ready to step in and be on top of their game.