Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Man of the match versus Everton?

Several players worthy of high praise, but for me it was big Grant Hanley leading at the back and making Dominic Calvert-Lewin look average, lets hope he keeps beast mode turned on for the rest of the season. 

Anybody have a differing opinion?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

Idah was absolutely class today, a joy to watch. 

Special mention to Sargent, best game I’ve seen him play for us for me. Maybe there is a player in there!

Hanley was superb, a colossus. He’d get the bronze for me behind Idah and Brandon Williams. But that is just opinion, I wouldn’t have been particularly critical had any of the three got the gong. 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's a trap.

Many top performances today, but the answer is Adam Idah

Edited by Flying Dutchman

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Hanley was superb, a colossus. He’d get the bronze for me behind Idah and Brandon Williams. But that is just opinion, I wouldn’t have been particularly critical had any of the three got the gong. 

Interestingly I had Idah and Williams just behind Hanley in my own order, so at least our podium has the same three in it. 

• Like 1

All were good, 

Idah was excellent and offered a great outlet 

Williams too,  he can be caught out of position but he's so committed and has great desire, thex2nd goal was a perfect example.

And, I may have banged my head but Lees-Melou was incredible!!

I think Pukki was the only one not at his best but normally he's the best and the best are rubbish

Idah was excellent, followed by PLM for me, who seemed a new man without Mr pointy around to stifle him, Sargent and Hanley worked hard while rashica definitely carries a threat. 

Edited by ZLF

Idah

Williams, Sargent, Hanley, PLM in no particular order were all excellent

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Idah, PLM and Sargent just does so much work defensively!

Sargent needs to be rebranded as a "defensive winger" so he won't be judged as much on this finishing ability, and he can work on that side of the game without pressure. Like the Norfolk Milner. Nobody seemed to ever give a sh*t that Milner scored 3 goals a season in some of the countries best sides despite playing mostly on the wing, or indeed about the 1 goal in 61 he managed for England.

He didn't come here as one of those of course, we wanted him up top scoring goals, but at least if we consider him to have that role we could say "oooh, great bit of pressing the full back there by Sargent" a bit more, rather than "f*ck he's done another air kick". 

Because actually, he is really good at pressing and winning the ball back in advanced positions. He definitely isn't the second striker that we thought we'd bought, but that doesn't mean he can't nail down a role in our side - particularly once he's worked on using his weaker foot to pivot when he's got his back to the goal.

And I wish Placheta tried more of those first time drilled crosses into the 6 yard box, keep doing them and you'll find Pukki's toe or a defender will panic and put it in, refreshing to see somebody just hit the ball into the danger area rather than try and land it on a particular part of a specific persons anatomy. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

Idah for me. Then a close battle between Williams, PLM and Hanley.

No one actually had a bad game today, Pukki was probably our worst player but still worked tirelessly and played well.

If God loves a trier I'd be wondering just who fathered Sargent's new kid. After all, if you believe the tale, God's got previous for it.

I think Sargent has had a lot of unfair criticism. He hasn’t been great but then nobody has. Nobody could ever fault him for effort and I can’t help feeling that the open goal miss has left a scar on him and the fans that is taking a bit of shaking off. 

Fairplay to the guy today though and also Idah.

We all know about Hanley's limitations, but it's hard not to admire a player who has squeezed every drop out of his natural ability. 

This has been such a miserable season, and the mood amongst the fans has been understandably awful. How much worse it must be to be the captain of a team that loses every week and has the p1ss taken out of it by know-nothing blowhards on TalkSport afterwards.

And yet big Grant keeps coming back for more, plays through injury, keeps us going. Force of will. Good on you, big man.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Several players worthy of high praise, but for me it was big Grant Hanley leading at the back and making Dominic Calvert-Lewin look average, lets hope he keeps beast mode turned on for the rest of the season. 

Totally agree about Hanley. Keeping him and other key players fit (and getting Normann back ASAP) is pivotal to our chances. That said, Idah's upturn in form (if maintained) will be like signing a new striker. He proved beyond any doubt that Farke's refusal to play him upfront with Pukki was a momentously bad decision. The boy was MOTM without doubt.    

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just ran out of steam I think. 

Speaking of Pukki.

Could you really not notice the different role Teemu played today? 

He was supporting the main striker whereas normally when the two of them have been together he has been the focal point supported by Adam. A small change that made the world of difference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Speaking of Pukki.

Could you really not notice the different role Teemu played today? 

He was supporting the main striker whereas normally when the two of them have been together he has been the focal point supported by Adam. A small change that made the world of difference. 

He still ran out of steam, was blowing for last 15 and I was surprised Sargent went off rather than him. Just one of those things.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think of a lot of people will give it to Idah but I'm going to give it to an unsung hero. A true warrior. A hero.. The Manchester Maldini

Brandon Williams

hardly unsung