1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I wasn't downing him, top performance and deserved MOM. Just critiquing his goal from the highlight snip, that's all. 

Nah. Goal of the season. 

Was outstanding today. Makes such a difference having a player hold the ball up and he caused real problems with his strength and pace. Thought Brandon Williams was superb too. They all put a shift in, bodies on the line, see Giannoulis with that excellent block when he came on too. If I had to temper the good feeling from today, I’d just say that Everton are pretty bad. However, with players like Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison they should be better than they are. Richarlison probably the only player on the pitch that would have or could have scored that goal. He’s what Parma calls a weapon and we still lack that. All in all though, the last two performances have been far more promising and we’re back in the hunt. COME ON!!! 

• Like 4

It doesn’t matter if he scored off his ahs! It’ll mean the world to him and fully deserved after the work he’s obviously been putting in with the new management. Onwards and upwards for Idah now.   

I’m a massive critic of Idah. Too many games have been and gone for me to think he is the answer.

But.

I would love to be proved wrong. DF and Smith have both stuck by him so maybe he is coming good , just took longer than some.

Lets see if he can carry on doing his bit which I also think will allow Pukki to bring in his a game.

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

I abstained from the Chinese takeaway and I’m sat watching Catchphrase chowing down on a big fedora. Yum! 

I thought I was getting Chinese takeaway but my missus found a ****ing Lentil Curry in the freezer. Good job we won today else my marriage would probably be over for that.

• Haha 2

I’m another gladly joining the humble pie club. I said he was nowhere good enough for this level when we played Liverpool’s youngsters but it’s becoming clear that was when he was asked to lead the line himself. It’s not his game - yet. Well done Smith and Shakey. 

21 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Everton were pretty poor defensively there. Williams wins the ball and suddenly it's a 3 on 2, Keane gets sucked across tracking Pukki, and the left back and the rest of the team are hardly sprinting back.

That’s why I’m keeping my excitement to a minimum , Everton have really hit the skids lately, 1 win in 13 as bad as us , let’s see where we’re at on Friday night ….. great fight today though.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I've always been a big believer in Idah, but that belief had started to wane in recent weeks and months. I'm not sure what the hell has happened to him in the last week though, because he has suddenly turned into prime Lukaku. He was fantastic today, and long may it continue!

I've always held in my mind "he's only 19-20" so needs to be cut some slack. However my patience was wearing thin. He just didn't seem to have the touch or game intelligence to use his pace and power. Huge kudos to him and the coaching staff for such a dramatic improvement.

Edited by Mr.Carrow
  • Like 2

Really played well today 

Done himself a bundle of good

The Republic of Ireland Manager was in the stands

49 minutes ago, crab man said:

Fair play to Idah, he's looked like a new player these last 2 games. Perhaps all that criticism he received has had a reaction

Yeah, a good telling off on the PinkUn is chapter one in the motivational handbook. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This little turnaround has shocked me. I'd have snapped your hand of at a Championship loan for him this month. 

Same, although to be fair I’ve always thought there’s a player there that just needs regular games not cameos. Maybe that can and should be as a regular in our team this season after that performance.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I wasn't downing him, top performance and deserved MOM. Just critiquing his goal from the highlight snip, that's all. 

We don't need to critique goals fella they pay the bills. 

Whats the analysis on Keane's finish?

29 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison

Richarlison scared the life out of me when he came on. Every time he picked up the ball he looked so dangerous. 

But we still won so I'm proud of today. 

Idah is getting starts and a run of games. 

Perhaps Dean Smith is the right manager for him? 

It would be a massive bonus if he can keep this level up. 

42 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I abstained from the Chinese takeaway and I’m sat watching Catchphrase chowing down on a big fedora. Yum! 

Goat comment!

This is great…….all those calling to loan out Idah and bring back Hugill must be glad we gave Idah another chance….😉

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

This is great…….all those calling to loan out Idah and bring back Hugill must be glad we gave Idah another chance….😉

Yeah, this humble pie is tasting rather good right now. Hopefully Idah keeps force-feeding me more of it.

(I'm sure that needs a rephrase).

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yeah, this humble pie is tasting rather good right now. Hopefully Idah keeps force-feeding me more of it.

(I'm sure that needs a rephrase).

Indeed with Sargent to add the custard on top of that pie next game! 👍💛💚

• Haha 1

Just now, Indy said:

Indeed with Sargent to add the custard on top of that pie next game! 👍💛💚

I think that might need a rephrase as well! 😄

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I’m another gladly joining the humble pie club. I said he was nowhere good enough for this level when we played Liverpool’s youngsters but it’s becoming clear that was when he was asked to lead the line himself. It’s not his game - yet. Well done Smith and Shakey. 

Yes, well done to the coaches - I'm guessing Shaky has a lot to do with development of players - he knows how to get players playing at this level.  Idah now looks to know what to do - well done to him and more of the same will help us hugely during the rest of this season.