Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Not doing any business

Correct Yellowhammer - As I have said previously, and i really hope that I am wrong. If NCFC do not buy the required minimum, Centre Midfielder & Forward, then the Board are saying to Season Ticket Holders that is it. Put up or shut up. Oh Dear. 

5 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

The club accepted relegation months ago

We were relegated on Halloween with our loss to Watford to be fair.

But to answer Yellow.. We are doing business. Does letting players go out on loan and letting players go not count?😉

12 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Can’t believe we are not doing any business in the transfer window ,if any team needs strengthening surely it’s us 

I've never been a fan of January signings - unless you've got 1 or 2 players with season ending injures that you need to replace, it's always a sign that you f*cked up in the summer. It would just be throwing good money after bad - you'll overpay and tbh I've got no confidence we'd get the right players in anyway. Better to extend the allotment at Colney.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I've never been a fan of January signings - unless you've got 1 or 2 players with season ending injures that you need to replace, it's always a sign that you f*cked up in the summer. It would just be throwing good money after bad - you'll overpay and tbh I've got no confidence we'd get the right players in anyway. Better to extend the allotment at Colney.

OTBC

Exactly. The January window is always overpriced as clubs tend to panic a bit. Not to mention you've barely any time to get new signings to gel in quickly. If anything, it makes more sense to sell in January and try and take advantage of that premise.

32 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Can’t believe we are not doing any business in the transfer window ,if any team needs strengthening surely it’s us 

Why can't you believe it?

We spent every penny we had in the summer (to avoid the 'brought in player/s too late' accusation) and now the cupboard's bare unless we sell first.

Additionally, the club have been crystal clear on this for months.

I can't believe you can't believe it!

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly. The January window is always overpriced as clubs tend to panic a bit. Not to mention you've barely any time to get new signings to gel in quickly. If anything, it makes more sense to sell in January and try and take advantage of that premise.

Be Interesting to see how Newcastle get on from now as they have signed to get themselves out of trouble , guess it’s the difference Between being poor and rich 

Look at it from smiths point of view. 

Panic buy now, or wait. 

If he buys now, he will only get players who are up for a certain relegation. That level of layer won't appease the fans and will be overpriced. 

Or wait until the summer, clear the place out, and use the money when he's had more time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowhammer said:

Be Interesting to see how Newcastle get on from now as they have signed to get themselves out of trouble , guess it’s the difference Between being poor and rich 

And £25m on Chris Wood smells like a panic buy.

35 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

We did **** up in the summer I think that's obvious.

It beggars belief that we still do not have a defensive midfielder.

46 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Why don’t they just go to the magic money tree in Webber’s garden and shake it? Must be at least 50 million on it. It’s obvious, then we can sign Dele Ali and Ross Barkley on 120k a week. Pathetic misuse of the money tree by Webber. He must go.

I can only see them spending money if a player is sold and that would be a Championship level player. 

Why are the majority shareholders going to spend money in a league they don't want to stay in? 

2 minutes ago, komakino said:

I can only see them spending money if a player is sold and that would be a Championship level player. 

Why are the majority shareholders going to spend money in a league they don't want to stay in? 

A Championship level player would be an upgrade on PLM, Sargent and Tzolis.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Think the allotment has extended to the pitch based on how many vegetables there are 

• Like 1

YES!!! You f*cking beauty! I knew Webber would come through with the goods - looks like we've signed a new striker:

Untitled.jpg.dbcaf7e86b3401706cf375c8f60b867f.jpg

I'm sure he'll hit the bullseye.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

YES!!! You f*cking beauty! I knew Webber would come through with the goods - looks like we've signed a new striker:

Untitled.jpg.dbcaf7e86b3401706cf375c8f60b867f.jpg

I'm such he'll hit the bullseye.

OTBC

That’s made my morning. Which speaks volumes about my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

None of us know the reality of the club's current financial position but to spend money we do not have would be suicide.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

And £25m on Chris Wood smells like a panic buy.

Not sure. Could be a shrewd bit of business with Trippier one side and Saint-Maximan the other pinging crosses in. If Wood's goals keep Newcastle up £25m is a bargain

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

None of us know the reality of the club's current financial position but to spend money we do not have would be suicide.

Always a reason we can’t do what every other club i. The league can do isn’t there. So we go into a bit of short term debt? So what if it enables us to buy the midfielder who might give us a chance of staying up?

there is not a single other club in our position who would not be attempting to do something to try and make a difference snd there is not a single other fanbase who would accept their club giving up like ours appears to be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

It's not your money. You shouldn't be even thinking about that.

15 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Always a reason we can’t do what every other club i. The league can do isn’t there. So we go into a bit of short term debt? So what if it enables us to buy the midfielder who might give us a chance of staying up?

there is not a single other club in our position who would not be attempting to do something to try and make a difference snd there is not a single other fanbase who would accept their club giving up like ours appears to be. 

A bit of short term debt?

To make a difference we would need to be spending £10-20 million. That's not insignificant to a club run without a supremely wealthy owner ( which is another argument altogether).

7 minutes ago, duke63 said:

A bit of short term debt?

To make a difference we would need to be spending £10-20 million. That's not insignificant to a club run without a supremely wealthy owner ( which is another argument altogether).

Any kind of reasonable defensive mid would make a huge difference. That doesn’t need to cost that sort of money if you have decent scouts.

we will be selling Aaron’s and Todd in the next 12 months. We need to try and do something. 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

A Championship level player would be an upgrade on PLM, Sargent and Tzolis.

Like hernandez, who would essentially be free and we've let go to another club. If nothing else he loves the city and the club and we're more likely to get a tune out of him than anyone else. 

The lack of sorting out the issues this window is criminally incompetent 

surely that must be the trigger for the fans to finally turn against the stowmarket 2 

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

Yeah....the food bank beckons....

if you owned the Club and Webber came to you and said i am going to spend another 20 mil would you let him ? 

The summer was a has turned out to be a terrible window when he looked so good before the season started ! 

If we spend who are we gonna get? Another couple of discounted unproven players from the continent?

Spread the **** even thinner