The Great Mass Debater

If Mike Ashley wanted to buy the club?

Just now, Indy said:

I’m planning to get to a game soon, is a half foreigner welcome? I’ll let you know when I get tickets! ( I’m heading to Oxford in March to watch them play the binners)!

Of course you would. Always enjoy meeting posters. I'll race you there, winner gets the beers in...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You told us that the first time you graced Carra you came with your marras. Nearly rhymes! 

Enjoy the game and directionless gazing👍💛💚

No I didn't, I said I went with my Geordie mates.....But if you keep lying you'll keep thinking it's the TROOOOTH!....

Iz Surrey an' Wales inside Norfolk?  DEals and Micky are true  gimme sixes....I wish I had a knowledge of Geograffy like wot you has bor.....Cheerio Me Ducks....RED IMPS! 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Of course you would. Always enjoy meeting posters. I'll race you there, winner gets the beers in...

You’re on, but you must try! No pretending to lose!😂 enjoy the game Nutty, any type of 1-0 win will do please!

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm sorry Nutty, but I will NOT be joining in with your attack on Geoffrey.

As well as Mr Watling being a personal hero of mine, I can only ever get warm fuzzy feelings whenever the name Geoffrey is mentioned as it reminds me of of one of my favourite childhood programs, 'Rainbow'.

Unfortunately, most of my childhood TV heroes are now either dead or turned out to be pedophiles.

OTBC

So is Geoffrey from Rainbow  dead , a paedophile,   or both ? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm sorry Nutty, but I will NOT be joining in with your attack on Geoffrey.

As well as Mr Watling being a personal hero of mine, I can only ever get warm fuzzy feelings whenever the name Geoffrey is mentioned as it reminds me of of one of my favourite childhood programs, 'Rainbow'.

Unfortunately, most of my childhood TV heroes are now either dead or turned out to be pedophiles.

OTBC

Its not an attack. Its an observation.🙃

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You don’t drink though? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

So is Geoffrey from Rainbow  dead , a paedophile,   or both ? 

A bl00dy good question Corky - probably the best on this thread.

I know he's dead. I don't think he was a pedophile - that news would destroy my whole upbringing.

OTBC

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There really is some tragic,  tragic people in the world. You have my sympathy. 

Join in Hoggy! No thread is truly complete without your condescension.

Are you a Mike Ashley fan? Maybe Rick Astley is more your cup of tea? Not sure if you're old enough to remember him.

This was THE tune back in the day. Learn the words and you can sing it to Delia, Michael and baby Tom - they'll love it!

OTBC

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

No I didn't, I said I went with my Geordie mates.....But if you keep lying you'll keep thinking it's the TROOOOTH!....

Iz Surrey an' Wales inside Norfolk?  DEals and Micky are true  gimme sixes....I wish I had a knowledge of Geograffy like wot you has bor.....Cheerio Me Ducks....RED IMPS! 

28 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

A bl00dy good question Corky - probably the best on this thread.

I know he's dead. I don't think he was a pedophile - that news would destroy my whole upbringing.

OTBC

I kinda assumed that he hadn't been outed as a paedophile,  otherwise  I would have recommended  counselling for your warm and  fuzzy feelings at the mention of his name   👍😅😇

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

IMG_20220115_135640.jpg

17 hours ago, chicken said:

I mean, I'm not sure about him either but the being tight bit isn't quite the same. We've done alright in sales to them when he was their owner.

Of note:
2019-20:
Joelinton - £40m
Saint-Maximin - £20m
Krafth - £5m
£65m in one season, net spend: £33.3m.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/newcastle-united/english-football-teams/newcastle-united-transfers

Certainly spent money... how well though... 

they've been prem regulars for years and he allowed that squad to stagnate whilst resisting takeover attempts. Asset stripping at its finest.

Former owner Dean Hoyle confirmed at the weekend he had stepped in to stop Huddersfield ending up in administration.

Hoyle retained a 25% stake in the Championship club when he sold it to local businessman Phil Hodgkinson.

But Hodgkinson's 'Pure' group has been hit my major financial issues, meaning Huddersfield were facing a serious financial shortfall.

“Having been re-assured that all was well financially earlier that month, I had three days’ notice to provide £2m to pay October’s wages for our players and staff," Hoyle said in the programme for Saturday's 1-1 draw with Swansea.

“To bring creditor payments up to date, I have subsequently provided millions more to meet the cash requirements of the club. The alternative would have been administration."

Hoyle says he will 'provide stability' going forward.

My understanding is Hoyle has been negotiating with former Ipswich owner Marcus Evans to sell a majority stake in the club.

On 14/01/2022 at 22:01, TeemuVanBasten said:

not enough people wearing Sports Direct clobber

you just have to see the manU supporters by the Yare...