Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

If nobody wants Cantwell

35 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Entitled to your opinion, I'm not changing mine. 

Fair enough. A lot of this hatred of Todd seems vindictive and almost bullying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Fair enough. A lot of this hatred of Todd seems vindictive and almost bullying.

Well I used to say that he is to Norwich what Fernando Torres is to Atletico Madrid, such was the high esteem that I held him in.

But I fail to see how this thread title and the question posed is vindictive. The fact remains that he is out of contract at the end of the season and we have a one year option. He can't keep himself fit enough to make an impact for our first team, so I think not exercising the right to extend becomes a very real option if we see a full year of that. 

I mean, has nobody else wondered why the club haven't exercised that right to extend already? The simple fact that they haven't done so is what leads to the pondering.

It is clear at this stage that Cantwell wants out, and we want him out, so if that fails to materialise in this window then what happens next is a valid concern for all parties. 

Personally I just want to see players give their all for the shirt and I've not seen that from Cantwell this season, getting a few million of him appears to be the only real prospect we have of being able to allow Smith to bring in a player to improve the XI - unless we get a silly money offer for Max Aarons.

We could really do with a defensive midfielder, and with Cantwell being unproductive... I'm keen to see him converted into cash to potentially enable that. I think at this point most people are. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

37 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Us lot?

Well when you ran a bit short of spuds in the 1840's a load of you came over here and started eating all our hedgehogs. 

You can't be that keen to convert him into cash if you are so willing to terminate / not renew his contract.

Sell him by all means, not renew is silly and pay his contract to terminate is Cambridge levels of "look at me I want attention so I say something absurd / inflammatory".

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well when you ran a bit short of spuds in the 1840's a load of you came over here and started eating all our hedgehogs. 

A load of you?  In the 1840s, my lot were in India chap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Should we pay up the last 6 months contract to get rid asap, keep until summer and then release, or keep until summer and extend his deal by a year in the hope that somebody takes a punt on him but with the risk of another year of drama and his stupid cryptic tweets? 

Oh just what we needed. Yet another TVB Cantwell thread. To think that elsewhere he accused another poster of only posting about Cantwell. Why not get a life?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Oh just what we needed. Yet another TVB Cantwell thread.

If only we had more of your exhilarating topics to discuss, a monthly thread about tickets. We could really do with another commonsense ticket thread, don't be disheartened by the 0 replies on the last one mate. 

Makes me laugh when people who never start threads start moaning about the nature of other peoples threads, its almost as if they don't understand how a forum works.

Capture.JPG.fb3766126b64946434a407d473b81b99.JPG

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

A load of you?  In the 1840s, my lot were in India chap.

Not sure what your ethnicity has to do with anything, still Irish aren't you?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No. Just live here , in Europe.

If only there weren't other Cantwell themed threads that people were already commenting on this very same topic...
image.thumb.png.6f053f7243c1454ca6bf87f1f8da94aa.png

Though it is better than the one where certain people were a poll was created as a thinly veiled way of suggesting it was because of his sexuality... 🤨

Just now, chicken said:

If only there weren't other Cantwell themed threads that people were already commenting on this very same topic...

As I've already pointed out, Cambridgeshire Canary starts 35% of the Todd Cantwell threads on this forum, I start a meagre 9%. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Watch him TVB he's been stalking me for the last hour🤣. Tell him it was a wonderful massage Alexa gave me. With add ons😇

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Though it is better than the one where certain people were a poll was created as a thinly veiled way of suggesting it was because of his sexuality... 🤨

I don't really understand this sentence I'm afraid, what are you trying to say? 

1 minute ago, chicken said:

image.thumb.png.6f053f7243c1454ca6bf87f1f8da94aa.png

Cue the 'im not homophobic rant.

• Like 1

Just now, Mengo said:

Watch him TVB he's been stalking me for the last hour🤣. Tell him it was a wonderful massage Alexa gave me. With add ons😇

Cantwell is a touchy subject for Corky because he got carried away one day and bet me £50 that Cantwell would move for over £20m, and clearly that's now not going to happen,

It goes to the community foundation though so all in good fun, hope he doesn't miss the beer money too much. 

If nobody really wants to take a chance on Cantwell, then it’s a great stick to beat him with to get him motivated and back playing to his max ability if he really wants to fulfil that potential!

He’s a decent young lad as his gesture over Christmas proves, but he’s not 16 he’s 23 and really needs to grow up a little, stop to daft social media ****e and show us on that pitch just how good he is.

Cantwell is a touchy subject for Corky because he got carried away one day and bet me £50 that Cantwell would move for over £20m, and clearly that's now not going to happen,

It goes to the community foundation though so all in good fun, hope he doesn't miss the beer money too much. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As I understand it the club has an option to extend his contract by 12 months in the summer whether he likes it or not. In theory I suppose we might choose not to exercise that option and release him on a free, but that wouldn't really make much sense as he'd have to be on a ridiculous wage for us not to make a profit from an eventual sale.

It would be quite nonsensical to actually pay him to leave the club,

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Cue the 'im not homophobic rant.

What on earth are you on about now. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

but that wouldn't really make much sense as he'd have to be on a ridiculous wage for us not to make a profit from an eventual sale.

It would be quite nonsensical to actually pay him to leave the club,

I think we've paid off as many people as we've received a transfer fee for under Webber. 

I'm sure when Leitner first came into our side we never thought we'd be paying him to leave, but we did. 

Portuguese International Nelson Oliviera left us for just £900k by the way, so don't go thinking that we're guaranteed to break a profit on circa-£1.5m of additional wages, the stock of footballers can fall very quickly, and Cantwell's stock is tanking.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Aaah, dont fret about me TuB, I'll be grand no matter the outcome.  

As an aside , when I had a couple of children , that were my responsibility, I didnt have time or money to be on an internet forum...... you are very fortunate that you have both , count your  blessings.  😉😇👍

Apparently there are no bids for Cantwell, have there ever been?  I know he seems to have thrown his teddies previously, but we're their any actual bids. He either plays or he doesn't I don't know why he has not been playing and would only be speculating, if he plays and plays well..then great, if he flops about and is rubbish then he doesn't.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If only we had more of your exhilarating topics to discuss, a monthly thread about tickets. We could really do with another commonsense ticket thread, don't be disheartened by the 0 replies on the last one mate. 

Makes me laugh when people who never start threads start moaning about the nature of other peoples threads, its almost as if they don't understand how a forum works.

Capture.JPG.fb3766126b64946434a407d473b81b99.JPG

Are those the only threads? Are you now stalking me? I could of course start the same pathetic thread every 10 minutes and then up my post count by constantly replying to it, but I’ll leave that to you.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Are those the only threads? Are you now stalking me? I could of course start the same pathetic thread every 10 minutes and then up my post count by constantly replying to it, but I’ll leave that to you.

Anyway back in the real 🌎 world

Do we think 🤔 Todd will participate in the game tomorrow 

12 hours ago, Mengo said:

Anyway back in the real 🌎 world

Do we think 🤔 Todd will participate in the game tomorrow 

A large part of me wants him to be cheered to the roof today , right from the start.

really show him we are behind him and to see what he gives us back.

a small part of me says we still don’t know the full picture and if it’s mental heath  then we back him.

But he then needs to do his bit .