Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

If nobody wants Cantwell

Should we pay up the last 6 months contract to get rid asap, keep until summer and then release, or keep until summer and extend his deal by a year in the hope that somebody takes a punt on him but with the risk of another year of drama and his stupid cryptic tweets? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

The last option. 

Im no fan of Cantwell but the first 2 ideas are mental. 

I suppose somebody would at least take him on loan if we extend. 

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Oh my.....

Is there a problem with the question? Seems like a perfectly valid question and an accurate representation of where we are at. You have a problem with the person asking the question, but can't find fault in the question itself.

We have received no bids.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Much rather him be in the squad tomorrow, play well and force himself into being a regular again.

But I dont have a weird vendetta against him.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Much rather him be in the squad tomorrow, play well and force himself into being a regular again.

But I dont have a weird vendetta against him.

If he had the willingness to do that Hogesar I wouldn't be so willing for us to get rid. 

• Like 3

He’s here for 18 months or we get a fee of some description.

He’s an asset, even if a depreciating one. Letting him go for free is insane.

• Like 1

He definitely needs to leave though.

Too much water under the bridge now. I expect someone will pick him up on the cheap this window knowing we will activate his extension if not. 

Surely that's the most likely 

Edited by Chelm Canary

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He’s here for 18 months or we get a fee of some description.

He’s an asset, even if a depreciating one. Letting him go for free is insane.

Nobody else seems to want him though, and can't help that some Norwich fans massively exaggerating his ability because he's got a nice touch and can pull a trick out of the bag now and again has helped to create this monster.

He's probably the 5th best left winger I've seen at Norwich since I started watching in 1989, and we've been sh*t for half of that time, nothing to write home about, he's not the new Grealish... he's a very naughty boy!

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 3

Until you know the problem and i do not how can you say ? 

could be 101 different reasons 

so get him playing well head in right place One of our Best players on form 

Something might change and he might sign a longer contract 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

It seems that some players just can't do that once they think they could be off to another club. That is why these transfer windows can be so disruptive - some players get unsettled. We see it so many times - it looks as if the players concerned have "down tooled" as a result of having their head turned. I don't think it's intemtional, it's just that they lose their focus. That it's happened to Cantwell before and that it looks as if it is happening again - on top of the already disrupted season he's had, would indicate he is one of those, as opposed to Aarons and Godfrey, who have been exemplary type of players.

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Nobody else seems to want him though, and can't help that some Norwich fans massively exaggerating his ability because he's got a nice touch and can pull a trick out of the bag now and again has helped to create this monster.

He's probably the 5th best left winger I've seen at Norwich since I started watching in 1989, and we've been sh*t for half of that time, nothing to write home about, he's not the new Grealish... he's a very naughty boy!

The  'monster' is in your head mate....for a man with two kids, a missus and another nipper on the way,  you think about Todd a little too much.

• Sad 1

If he leaves to another club at the end of the season aren't we entitled to a compensation fee for his development?

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, can't wait to see him out of the club.

⬆️ =🔔🔚

• Like 1

I'm not negative, summats up, for sure, but only a gobshoite ignoramus ( wear cap if it the fits) would judge this before the fullness of time and fact.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Until you know the problem and i do not how can you say ? 

could be 101 different reasons 

Something might change and he might sign a longer contract 

I thought Farke had made the problem perfectly clear when he demoted him to the Under 23's.

"The rules are clear for each player. You have to be physically and mentally prepared and show consistency in training and be available. The standards and the levels are the same for every player. Younger players have to learn and experience these things. But Todd is not 18 anymore. It is not difficult.

29 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

If he leaves to another club at the end of the season aren't we entitled to a compensation fee for his development?

I thought you only got bosman compensation if they are under 24, and Cantwell will be 24 in February.

18 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Honest question, is all this negativity because he’s a local lad?

If I showed you threads where I was advocating bringing Jed Steer back as our number 2, and another where I was sticking up for Chris Sutton when he upset some fans on here with Talksport comments, and another where I suggested we try and bring Jacob Murphy back to the club just before he signed his new Newcastle contract... would that answer your question? All of those are local lads. 

42 minutes ago, Bluefloyd said:

Remind me of Saido Berahinos career trajectory.

He heavily regrets forcing his way out of West Brom, when he was 24 incidently, and was practically begging to return there in the summer before signing for a League 1 side at 28. He's flopping hard in League One.

Good example Bluefloyd. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If I showed you threads where I was advocating bringing Jed Steer back as our number 2, and another where I was sticking up for Chris Sutton when he upset some fans on here with Talksport comments, and another where I suggested we try and bring Jacob Murphy back to the club just before he signed his new Newcastle contract... would that answer your question? All of those are local lads

SQUEAK!!!

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I thought you only got bosman compensation if they are under 24, and Cantwell will be 24 in February.

I guess it comes down to risk, the extension will cost us 1M, in wages.  If we do not extend he definitely leaves for nothing.  I would probably extend the contract and loan him out.  Whoever has turned his head then has to make a move.

Edited by Newtopia