Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Onel Hernandez has joined Birmingham

I like Onel, but Jaysus!! Wasn't so long ago he was posing next to a chrome wrapped car.... he's not good  enough for us yet he's paid enough to have  that kind of shoite going on . 

Crazy decision, we could do with his passion right now. Somebody to run at defenders. Okay he's not the best but he'll offer hell of a lot more than Placheta and Sargent. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I like Onel, but Jaysus!! Wasn't so long ago he was posing next to a chrome wrapped car.... he's not good  enough for us yet he's paid enough to have  that kind of shoite going on . 

Average Championship wages would make flash cars extremely affordable

3 minutes ago, crab man said:

Crazy decision, we could do with his passion right now. Somebody to run at defenders. Okay he's not the best but he'll offer hell of a lot more than Placheta and Sargent. 

Always was significantly better than Placheta, although neither are anywhere near Premier League quality. The squad has been totally mismanaged. 

• Like 1

FWIW, I think the Placheta we've seen in the last few weeks is better than the Onel we've seen for the past 2 years.

Then you factor in that Placheta's still relatively young and Onel is, what, 29? I know which one I'd rather have in the squad right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

Average Championship wages would make flash cars extremely affordable

And from what I have read Onel (at least when he was with us) was only being paid 10 grand a week which is amongst the lowest wages in the Championship nevermind the Prem.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And from what I have read Onel (at least when he was with us) was only being paid 10 grand a week which is amongst the lowest wages in the Championship nevermind the Prem.

If we assume that's true (it probably isn't, but is irrelevant to the point) - the £520k gross salary is plenty enough to afford a car with garish wrapping.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kirku said:

If we assume that's true (it probably isn't, but is irrelevant to the point) - the £520k gross salary is plenty enough to afford a car with garish wrapping.

Indeed. Let's assume he buys a brand new Audi R8 V10 (car in the photo),  cost of around 100 grand. To chrome wrap a car it costs around 5000 quid, which is pretty riddcolous but hey. So, let's say he buys a brand new audi and gets it chrome wrapped. That's at the extreme range around 105 to 110 grand. Onel would be earning around 40 grand a month.So to afford a chrome wrapped audi R8 on his wages would take around 3 to 4 months. That's not too long to be fair and from what I remember he bought the Audi near the end of the season in which he helped us gain promotion so probably earned I guess.

I wasn't having a dig at him particularly,  just flabbergasted  at the shoite these lads spend their money  on, Onels career  in footy won't last much longer,  wonder how long it'll  be before he  regrets losing whatever it was the minute he drove off the forecourt. Mind you , that ridiculous  backpack that James maddison  was sporting takes the biscuit.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I wasn't having a dig at him particularly,  just flabbergasted  at the shoite these lads spend their money  on, Onels career  in footy won't last much longer,  wonder how long it'll  be before he  regrets losing whatever it was the minute he drove off the forecourt. Mind you , that ridiculous  backpack that James maddison  was sporting takes the biscuit.

To be fair if I was earning 10 grand a week god knows it would not take me too long to start buying all sorts of awful crap I didnt need 😂

Would like to have seen him back, a popular player for us. However, he would probably find it difficult to get into the team so at least at Birmingham he will hopefully get plenty of games to keep him competitive.

I don't think he's good enough but equally you could argue he's shown no less than Placheta.

And to be fair he's shown more for us at Prem level than Tzolis.

Edited by hogesar

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Would like to have seen him back, a popular player for us. However, he would probably find it difficult to get into the team so at least at Birmingham he will hopefully get plenty of games to keep him competitive.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There I was hoping he would come back, sure could use all the help we can get. Wish him all the best mind as it did seem he was not having the best time at Boro.

Hes just joined a team 18th in the championship, strange a side battling promotion didn't come in for him. Thats because he's not good enough!!!! Certainly no better than what we currently have. Was hardly a regular last season in the championship for us.

We know Hernandez can offer a bit in this league as he showed during project restart. He's not going to score or win games for us but he gives us something unlike Tzolis who is offering nothing and not even getting touches on the ball in games. 

I'm definitely not writing him off but I would be loaning out Tzolis and keeping Hernandez to come off the bench for us because right here right now I think he's a more useful player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No one can manage on £10000 a week 

Probably why he uses Argos and Aldi 

He was a good player until he fell down the stairs.

After that he was pretty average.

He is definitely not the solution to our current problem.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not many people in Cuba earning 10 grand a week though

Not that great but has been more effective than Placheta, Tzolis and Rashica put together !! The three newcomers were initially described as fast. I would accept they have not received any decent service but my goodness they have been poor buys.

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

We know Hernandez can offer a bit in this league as he showed during project restart. He's not going to score or win games for us but he gives us something unlike Tzolis who is offering nothing and not even getting touches on the ball in games. 

I'm definitely not writing him off but I would be loaning out Tzolis and keeping Hernandez to come off the bench for us because right here right now I think he's a more useful player

Difficult to disagree really on the evidence so far.

Onel has limited footballing intelligence but at least his head never drops and he attacks to the final whistle, and we could do with a bit of that off the bench considering our current struggles. 

I suppose if keeping Hugill and Hernandez off the wage bill helps Dean Smith bring one or two in during this window then it will be understandable, we will see.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Difficult to disagree really on the evidence so far.

Onel has limited footballing intelligence but at least his head never drops and we could do with a bit of that off the bench considering our current struggles. 

Agree with the comments 👏 

5 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

It's a good move for him. Lots of branches of Argos in Brum 

We have, and towards the Bull Ring we have an Argos super store.

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There I was hoping he would come back, sure could use all the help we can get. Wish him all the best mind as it did seem he was not having the best time at Boro.

He isn’t good enough Cambridge 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Neither is Tzolis or Sargent yet somehow they are still in the squad. Could Onel really do a worse job than them?

That sentence sums up our season really, and why we are where we are.

Hopefully both will score today and prove me wrong.