Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Your Everton predictions

Can see it being one of those tense, nervy games where both teams have errors in them, the play is not particularly fluid, and there's one goal in it at most. And McLean skies one yards over the bar from outside the box at some point.

So Raffa, What's your prediction for the game?
My prediction?
Yes, your prediction.
Pain!!

2-0 Everton. Plus I think the atmosphere could get a bit fruity and our owners may not hang around long at the end......

7 hours ago, JPukks said:

2-1 win Townsend to score a screamer, Pukki penalty and a McLean header.

It's the hope that kills you.

This is the McClean who has scored 6 goals in 114 games.One every 19 games.Ok,I guess he's due one!!!!!!!🙈

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But what if I'm already in pain?

Dear god, poor baby.

IT’S A GAME. People kicking a ball at a couple of pieces of metal and a net.

Norwich 0 - 2 Everton.

Everton to score in the first 5-6 minutes, we look toothless for 80 minutes, Everton to score 2nd in 85th minute.

Michael Bailey to start post-match summary video saying “I’m going to make this video short, because there isn’t much to say”.

Pink ‘Un boys to paraphrase/copy and paste comments from Michael Bailey’s review into Pink Un+ app and compile some waffle about ‘how we're missing Gilmour’ or Lukas Rupp will be our saviour to bang in a worldie in the next match.

But, my need for prose is digressing. In short, please refer back to the first line.

👍🏼

Edited by KevinB
Remove conjecture

On 13/01/2022 at 10:11, Greavsy said:

I predict it's another match you won't be at? ...... Just a hunch. 

But he'll sure as sh!t post about it like he was there.

When in reality he'll be posting in the live game thread, judging whether we are playing well by reading all other comments as he's too busy posting every 7 seconds to actually understand what's happening himself, however still slagging the team off at every opportunity with 'witty' remarks.

Think that's about how his Saturday afternoons go.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

But he'll sure as sh!t post about it like he was there.

When in reality he'll be posting in the live game thread, judging whether we are playing well by reading all other comments as he's too busy posting every 7 seconds to actually understand what's happening himself, however still slagging the team off at every opportunity with 'witty' remarks.

Think that's about how his Saturday afternoons go.

Well thats just not a very nice thing to say.. even if its true 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

On 13/01/2022 at 11:59, Thumbbass said:

NOR 4 - 0 EVE. Idah to open the scoring. Sargent hattrick, his mrs brings baby onto the pitch and a picture reminiscent of Alex Higgins at the snooker world champs in 82 is taken. A day we will look back on and think, wow, to think we though Josh had his boots on the wrong feet that season. Goes on to average a goal a game and signs for Newcastle for £250m in 2024.

You forgot to mention the manner of his hattrick. A jinxing run, a perfect half volley and a piece of Van Basten-esque control to score from a vanishingly tight angle.

0-2

We haven't scored in the league since November. We've only scored three in Smith's nine league games. We've conceded 18, two per game on average.

Afterwards Smith will talk about how well we played and how 0-2 isn't a fair reflection of the game, bemoaning the soft penalty awarded in the first half 'against the run of play'.

Lakey will start a thread about how we'll turn things around and stay up. I'll probably criticise all of our summer signings and complain about how awful we are in midfield.

On 13/01/2022 at 10:09, cambridgeshire canary said:

What are we thinking? I'm going us 0 and Everton 3..

They must be licking their lips and thinking 'at last an end to our poor run and a promise of 3 points!'

Since my last two predictions have been Norwich windows and we’ve ended up losing, I’m going for one nil to Everton!

20 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Since my last two predictions have been Norwich windows and we’ve ended up losing, I’m going for one nil to Everton!

See it worked! You’re welcome 😇 

On 13/01/2022 at 13:59, TheGunnShow said:

Can see it being one of those tense, nervy games where both teams have errors in them, the play is not particularly fluid, and there's one goal in it at most. And McLean skies one yards over the bar from outside the box at some point.

Well, apart from McLean being sick and therefore eliminating a huge hole in the middle of the park, I wasn't too far off here. 😄

On 13/01/2022 at 11:52, hogesar said:

2-1 to Norwich

21 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Are those predicting we will score 2 goals massively optimistic or ignorant to how this season is panning out? 

Get on my level DCB.

As for the last three days of people talking about how the Delia Outers would make some noise at last,  I can only assume they never go to Carrow Road. Not even a peep! 😅😅

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Get on my level DCB.

As for the last three days of people talking about how the Delia Outers would make some noise at last,  I can only assume they never go to Carrow Road. Not even a peep! 😅😅

Eating my hat. Didn’t see that performance coming - and certainly not 2 goals. But - in my defence- we only scored one 😉

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Eating my hat. Didn’t see that performance coming - and certainly not 2 goals. But - in my defence- we only scored one 😉

I was waiting for the OG get out clause! 😉

I'm classing it as a Sargent goal cos bless him dont think he's going to score a genuine one!