Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Foggo

EDP and the local media

I'd like to see the local press doing their job for once and holding a poll into the ownership of the club. Ask those important questions, like .. Are you happy with our current owners & the direction of travel? Should we be actively looking for more investment? Are you happy with a zero debt policy meaning we have to sell before we buy? Has our recruitment been good this summer and are we making progress on the pitch.

Open it up and less get thousands voicing their opinion and not just the 100 odd who use Wrath, Pink Un & Facebook.

The press are too scared to lose their access to the players etc to be objective in my opinion. Get off the fence!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I'd like to see the local press doing their job for once and holding a poll into the ownership of the club. Ask those important questions, like .. Are you happy with our current owners & the direction of travel? Should we be actively looking for more investment? Are you happy with a zero debt policy meaning we have to sell before we buy? Has our recruitment been good this summer and are we making progress on the pitch.

Open it up and less get thousands voicing their opinion and not just the 100 odd who use Wrath, Pink Un & Facebook.

The press are too scared to lose their access to the players etc to be objective in my opinion. Get off the fence!

Can I put you down as a 'no'?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Let’s have one on here today, do the job for them. 

13 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

ahh thats whats been missing. A pinkun poll will like be it, its what the billionaires in the wings have been waiting for, the smoking gun! 

• Haha 1

I have always said the one thing with Norwich fans who live in Norwich is the club has more control over the local press narrative than in North Korea. We have our own paper with no other League club to talk about. Anglia TV with hardly any other teams to talk about. Living away we get a different view. My Watford friend and I discussed both our clubs transfer business and he couldn't believe the hype our signings were getting. His main comment that sticks is will signing players relegated form the Bundesliga keep you up? I have a number of premiership teams with in a short distance and the press can be quite critical. 

Waste of time

Nothing will change

We spent a good amount of money which hopefully would have kept us out of the bottom 3

Problem was the quality of the players bought were not good enough 

I think the EDP etc have a bit more about them. They'll be perfectly aware that after 6 defeats they could do a poll on anything NCFC related and the negative choice will generally be picked.

They also know they could run the same polls whilst top of the Championship and get incredibly different results.

There's enough evidence of that on this forum alone.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think the EDP etc have a bit more about them. They'll be perfectly aware that after 6 defeats they could do a poll on anything NCFC related and the negative choice will generally be picked.

They also know they could run the same polls whilst top of the Championship and get incredibly different results.

There's enough evidence of that on this forum alone.

This forum is a few posters with fixed views and I'm not sure that it's at all representative of the mood of the fan base (include myself in this). A large poll would give a more representative view. Not sure why people would pick the negative point of view if the owners are as liked as you think?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, birchfest said:

ahh thats whats been missing. A pinkun poll will like be it, its what the billionaires in the wings have been waiting for, the smoking gun! 

Nope but might give our owners a clearer picture of the feelings of the fan base.

Sarcasm the lowest form of wit.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

This forum is a few posters with fixed views and I'm not sure that it's at all representative of the mood of the fan base (include myself in this). A large poll would give a more representative view. Not sure why people would pick the negative point of view if the owners are as liked as you think?

Exactly....there's probably more lurkers than contributors on this forum.....

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Archant are one of the current owners.

On 13/01/2022 at 08:51, Kenny Foggo said:

Are you happy with a zero debt policy

There is not a "zero debt policy".  The club currently carries external debt and does so quite regualrly.

On 13/01/2022 at 10:04, Kenny Foggo said:

Actually, I think you made a very good point against polls.

I would guess it would be an online poll, in which case, you will mainly get the same people who regularly post their opinions on here, facebook and twitter. Plus you'd get a bunch of Ipswich fans, disgruntled Chelsea fans and anyone else up for a laugh getting involved to skew the poll whichever way they'd want it to go.

Unfortunately, as will a lot of modern polls, those who's choice came out on top would deny any of those things as being a factor - despite online MotM polls frequently being seized upon by Spurs fans last season resulting in Skipp winning a fair number of them.

If it's a physical form... how would they conduct it? They'd need to pay for slips to be returned to them from a newspaper or something. The app would mean only paying members.

So as you can see, fraught with issues. 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 12:09, Mello Yello said:

Maybe that's why Stephan is on the NCFC Board?....

Wonder what he does nowadays? Think he was released from Archant a while back?

On 13/01/2022 at 10:05, Kenny Foggo said:

Nope but might give our owners a clearer picture of the feelings of the fan base.

If it goes Pete Tong tomorrow there will be no need for a poll as the owners will be made well aware of the feelings of the fans either during or after the game.

17 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

There is not a "zero debt policy".  The club currently carries external debt and does so quite regualrly.

This is a misleading comment. Virtually all Premier League clubs of our size take short term lending on promotion as the TV money arrives too late to pay debts arising as a result of promotion, mainly being bonuses. The club has no long term external debt, just a short term loan for that reason to deal with cash flow. 

Also seen from Pink'Un Paddy on twitter than DS has been asked about Cantwell, understandably, the responses have been pretty limited. Very, very, very few managers will divulge stuff like that.

I also see some idiots are stirring up some wild rumours on twitter that lack any basis. It's like there are a lot of grown men who seem to want to turn Colney into some sort of reality TV show like the Cabins or Love Island or something... 

With the rise of social media I’m not sure how much influence Archant have. It always amused me when I lived in Ipswich to read the anti Norwich stuff in the Star, knowing the same people owned the EDP, and we’re putting out a different angle in Norfolk. I don’t think the local rag in Nottingham got much leeway from Cloughie if they were over critical, but I doubt our current owners interfere in that way.