Mullet

Simon Jordon on Talk Sport

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Considering our 2019 promotion bonus for £10m for football staff alone, assuming similar last season, and assuming our 300ish staff are on an average of something like £35k a year, we're only needing to find about £9m so we're not a thousand miles away from Sportrac data being reasonably decent estimates, now if our 'pay offs' to various bits of deadwood are included in the headline figure then that would take us considerably closer too wouldn't it.

It would have been better if TracSport had got their numbers right in the first place instead of us having to make allowances for them having got the numbers wrong.

Getting back to the basic point I was making, you need to have 10 players on £90,000 per week to have any impact in this league.

7 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Getting back to the basic point I was making, you need to have 10 players on £90,000 per week to have any impact in this league.

I doubt Leeds have got a single player on £90k a week and they did pretty well last season. 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I doubt Leeds have got a single player on £90k a week and they did pretty well last season. 

Norwich City are locked in a cycle of being one-season wonders (except far from wondrous) in the EPL and the only way they are going to break out from it is by paying a lot of money to a lot of players who are proper EPL quality. End of.

6 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Norwich City are locked in a cycle of being one-season wonders (except far from wondrous) in the EPL and the only way they are going to break out from it is by paying a lot of money to a lot of players who are proper EPL quality. End of.

Fine, well that's why we can't see the club passed to Nephew Tom then isn't it.

The problem is that Michael Wynn-Jones doesn't like Russians, Arabs or the Chinese, so that only really leaves Americans and I don't really like Americans, their silly accents or their leveraged buyouts.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 22:25, Mullet said:

Simon Jordon says it how it is. He likes our club and manager but we are crap and an embarrassment to the PL.

We have had two back to back promotions and absolutely fcuked this up. Webber took massive respect for finding Pukki but judging by the majority of signings since Webber must have just got lucky. The recruitment team cannot identify what players are needed at this level.

Grade a c. Un t who’s palace side were much worse than our current lot