6 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

He's listed as a forward but guy has no finish or offensive flair. He can run all game long sure but he shouldn't be playing in front. I think he did some good stuff last game, CM is the only position i see him have some sort of success

I think he'd make a terrible centre mid, his lack of awareness of his team mates positioning is his weakness, he so often fails to spot the obvious pass (usually to Pukki). If he is going to make it anywhere it will be as a striker, will just be a case of what level that is and lets hope its Championship at least so he can be of some use to us.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Idah was our stand out player against West Ham and Smith should be commended for playing him where he did. 

Hopefully he can now get a run in the side. For all his rawness his finishing and strength are just what we need. 

Sadly with Idah the lights are on but there's nobody home.

Slow thinking means he will never make the grade no matter what his feet can do.

37 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

Idah was our stand out player against West Ham and Smith should be commended for playing him where he did. 

Hopefully he can now get a run in the side. For all his rawness his finishing and strength are just what we need. 

Strength may be, but finishing???? -other than one game I've seen nothing in any of his performances for us or Ireland to show he is a good finisher...in fact quite the opposite.

I'd love this to be the time he finally shows some signs of fulfilling his potential, but sadly I tend to agree with Nora that he just doesnt appear to have the ability to be a top player (certainly not as a strike) I really he hope he proves me wrong though.

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think he'd make a terrible centre mid, his lack of awareness of his team mates positioning is his weakness, he so often fails to spot the obvious pass (usually to Pukki). If he is going to make it anywhere it will be as a striker, will just be a case of what level that is and lets hope its Championship at least so he can be of some use to us.

The reason i say cm is because he can run and play man to man, he's got some hustle in him but yeah not by himself of course, only in a formation that uses 2 cm, he would be the guy chasing the opponents all game long and throwing his body left and right. There's no other position that he would be useful. I think