mastoola

I fooking hate Delia

16 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The result of any poll would likely depend on how it was framed. You might get 50/50 if it was a simple Delia In/Delia Out, I suspect those percentages might change if you had to present an alternative. Delia or...?

If a viable alternative presented itself and had a committed presentation of how they'd move the club forward and a further commitment to sustained investment in infrastructure and playing talent and how that would be financed and to what cost/risk to the club, I suspect the percentage in favour of that would be almost unanimous (as long as it was feasible).

But we don't have that, we have Delia or "dunno". As such, the poll would be asking stick or twist; I'm not sure half of people would vote for change that could be anything and if they did then they're nuts because it simply isn't the case that ANYTHING would be better, is it?

Basically any foreign ownership/investment  isn’t really welcome though so it certainly limits any potential interest. A fair few years old but I’m sure the same mindset exists in the boardroom. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Now don't you go fretting about how many years old that is Midlands. Most of you Delia Outers have been going for twice as long or more. And all the successes we've had over the years have been in spite of you. That's why you go quiet for longer periods than you are noisy. It's all very sad😥

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Now don't you go fretting about how many years old that is Midlands. Most of you Delia Outers have been going for twice as long or more. And all the successes we've had over the years have been in spite of you. That's why you go quiet for longer periods than you are noisy. It's all very sad😥

Love you Nutty, how’s your weekend going? But of a cringe fest by her wasn’t it but let’s pretend we don’t get it. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Love you Nutty, how’s your weekend going? But of a cringe fest by her wasn’t it but let’s pretend we don’t get it. 

Do you know when it was? I think it was the season before we all went to Wembley. What a day that was! But let's pretend it never happened...

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Do you know when it was? I think it was the season before we all went to Wembley. What a day that was! But let's pretend it never happened...

Very dodgy comments from your favourite owner though hey, you condone them mind it’s your prerogative. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Very dodgy comments from your favourite owner though hey, you condone them mind it’s your prerogative. 

Not my favourite owner. My son and daughter probably are. Who's your favourite?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Not my favourite owner. My son and daughter probably are. Who's your favourite?

You cheeky monkey, it’s riddle time again init. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You cheeky monkey, it’s riddle time again init. 

I'm being serious. Who is your favourite owner. I get it's not Delia and Michael but who is it?

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm being serious. Who is your favourite owner. I get it's not Delia and Michael but who is it?

Chase was a Bobby Hunt in the highest order but in retrospect was more honest than what we have now. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Now don't you go fretting about how many years old that is Midlands. Most of you Delia Outers have been going for twice as long or more. And all the successes we've had over the years have been in spite of you. 

That being the case, does that means that all the relegation's have been because of you Nutty? Were you to blame for our near administration back in 2009 as well? Bl00dy hell! Speed dial Delia (or the 'Dirty Duchess' as I know you like to call her) and get her to dust off the check book again or you legacy as a club legend will be in ruins! It will make even poor old Bobby Chase turn in his grave (if he were dead).

OTBC

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Chase was a Bobby Hunt in the highest order but in retrospect was more honest than what we have now. 

At the time I too thought he was a Bobby Hunt but I can guess time is a great healer (I was very young at the time as well). I wouldn't say I look on him fondly now but the bad feelings I had for him have long gone. He got a lot of abuse (including his family I believe) when he was being removed. I know some have bad feelings towards Delia and Michael but I wouldn't ever want it to go down that path again.

OTBC

9 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

That being the case, does that means that all the relegation's have been because of you Nutty? Were you to blame for our near administration back in 2009 as well? Bl00dy hell! Speed dial Delia (or the 'Dirty Duchess' as I know you like to call her) and get her to dust off the check book again or you legacy as a club legend will be in ruins! It will make even poor old Bobby Chase turn in his grave (if he were dead).

OTBC

Well if you read some of the things said on here over the years it is. And yes if you and others think me not protesting against the owners is the root cause of your problems it certainly is.

But whereas I would prefer we won every game when we don't I don't find my self someone to blame or hate on.

BTW the binners have only been relegated from the PL twice and they look like they will hold on to that record for some considerable time.

5 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

At the time I too thought he was a Bobby Hunt but I can guess time is a great healer (I was very young at the time as well). I wouldn't say I look on him fondly now but the bad feelings I had for him have long gone. He got a lot of abuse (including his family I believe) when he was being removed. I know some have bad feelings towards Delia and Michael but I wouldn't ever want it to go down that path again.

OTBC

Lying **** he was but never flew to away matches at will, had no Sky money, survived on home crowds of 12,000 and sorted a stand out? Add some Cup Semi Finals to the equation and top 5 finishes then it doesn’t look so bad. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

So why are you posting in support of this thread. 

There's too many assumptions made on here where posters like you argue against your own view of someone else. It's very sad😥

Edited by nutty nigel

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How do you know that?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

So why are you posting in support of this thread. 

There's too many assumptions made on here where posters like you argue against your own view if someone else. It's very sad😥

Support? For what; you're lost me. For Midlands? I like him, yea. He makes me laugh tbh. I don't think he needs my support though. He's certainly not getting one of my kidneys.

I don't understand your second sentence at all Nutty. Rephrase?

OTBC 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Support? For what; you're lost me. For Midlands? I like him, yea. He makes me laugh tbh. I don't think he needs my support though. He's certainly not getting one of my kidneys.

I don't understand your second sentence at all Nutty. Rephrase?

OTBC 

I suggest you look at the thread title.

My second point was a general one about posters like you who make assumptions about others.

To simplify it, if a poster criticises Boris he is suddenly tainted as a Corbyn lover.

Unless I mis-understood what you meant about me and relegations, administration etc.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I suggest you look at the thread title.

My second point was a general one about posters like you who make assumptions about others.

To simplify it, if a poster criticises Boris he is suddenly tainted as a Corbyn lover.

Unless I mis-understood what you meant about me and relegations, administration etc.

Now Nutty - where have I ever said I hate Delia - in this thread or any other? If you just post in a thread you agree with its title now? You've posted in this thread...so does that mean you hate her? 

You were having a dig at Midlands for wanting Delia gone indicating that as he was anti her he had nothing to do with the 'good' years. That's b*llocks for reasons so obvious I can't be bothered to even go into it but also a little snide. So I turned it around on you. From your reaction, it's clear you didn't like it. So my point was made, n'est-ce pas?

Bedtime now - night night!

OTBC

On 12/01/2022 at 21:47, Keith Scott said:

Holding the club back and clearly enjoying it. Hideous woman. 

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

The only hideous thing on this thread is your over stated opinion and the way you sign off your messages like you’re some big player 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Now Nutty - where have I ever said I hate Delia - in this thread or any other? If you just post in a thread you agree with its title now? You've posted in this thread...so does that mean you hate her? 

You were having a dig at Midlands for wanting Delia gone indicating that as he was anti her he had nothing to do with the 'good' years. That's b*llocks for reasons so obvious I can't be bothered to even go into it but also a little snide. So I turned it around on you. From your reaction, it's clear you didn't like it. So my point was made, n'est-ce pas?

Bedtime now - night night!

OTBC

Que'st-ce que c'est

I didn't like it? There's another assumption right there. Then you built on that assumption.

You didn't turn it around on me because I don't post like a demented weather house. Which was the point I was making.

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Que'st-ce que c'est

I didn't like it? There's another assumption right there. Then you built on that assumption.

You didn't turn it around on me because I don't post like a demented weather house. Which was the point I was making.

Morning Nutty! Assumptions are what makes the world go around! You made a few of your own when replying to my posts, did you not? 

3 points today? Can't see it but hope springs eternal. I assume you'll probably feel the same... 😉

OTBC

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Some of us were grateful for the wonderful years he gave us on the pitch and had he been given a fraction of the tolerance shown to destroyer Delia Smith I suspect we would have a much more ambitious and dynamic club than we've got now.

Chase was forced out by hype and deserved much better.

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Some of us were grateful for the wonderful years he gave us on the pitch and had he been given a fraction of the tolerance shown to destroyer Delia Smith I suspect we would have a much more ambitious and dynamic club than we've got now.

Chase was forced out by hype and deserved much better.

I believe this thread has brought everyone together now, best to get things off ones chest and be upfront. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Morning Nutty! Assumptions are what makes the world go around! You made a few of your own when replying to my posts, did you not? 

3 points today? Can't see it but hope springs eternal. I assume you'll probably feel the same... 😉

OTBC

Enjoy the game Disco. Go there with real belief and get behind the team. It can make a difference.💛💚

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Enjoy the game Disco. Go there with real belief and get behind the team. It can make a difference.💛💚

I’m one of the lucky ones today, I’m working. 

• Haha 1