13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I still find it really odd that every single post you have made on this forum mentions Todd Cantwell, do you have a crush on him?

Is this ironic? From the poster who excels in starting endless negative threads about Todd and almost seems to relish what is happening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I think if he had a good game and stopped social media like dean has told him 

signs a new contact and plays and trains 

most if not all fans should be happy to have a good player 

sadly we have not seen that this season 

If he plays well but still uses social media, the same people will hate on him though, won't they? For all Todd's perceived problems, some of our "grown men" football fans need to take a bit of a look at themselves.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If he plays well but still uses social media, the same people will hate on him though, won't they? For all Todd's perceived problems, some of our "grown men" football fans need to take a bit of a look at themselves.

Whilst I totally agree that the level of people vitriol towards a very good player doesn’t help, I also believe the club, manager and player has done nothing positive in this entire situation for past 6 months. It’s allowed people to make judgments based on limited info and stupid social media outlets, that includes Cantwell.

Best thing for all would be a joint club and player statement to clarify the situation and put it to bed. I want Cantwell back to his focused best and if he or anyone thinks clubs will be buying a player who’s not trained correctly or played well this window I think they’re going to be shocked at the deal, it’ll be a loan with a potential buy if at all!

We need a motivate and focused Cantwell on the pitch no doubt, I just wish a 23 year old player in his prime can get over whatever it is and get back to playing football wherever that might be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Whilst I totally agree that the level of people vitriol towards a very good player doesn’t help, I also believe the club, manager and player has done nothing positive in this entire situation for past 6 months. It’s allowed people to make judgments based on limited info and stupid social media outlets, that includes Cantwell.

Best thing for all would be a joint club and player statement to clarify the situation and put it to bed. I want Cantwell back to his focused best and if he or anyone thinks clubs will be buying a player who’s not trained correctly or played well this window I think they’re going to be shocked at the deal, it’ll be a loan with a potential buy if at all!

We need a motivate and focused Cantwell on the pitch no doubt, I just wish a 23 year old player in his prime can get over whatever it is and get back to playing football wherever that might be.

Entirely agree - I think it's clear there's fault to be directed at both the club and Todd - I certainly would rather him playing well for us than for a rival.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Indy said:

Exactly Indy 

Thats where i think we are at 

If we had a Statement that cleared the Air No Norwich fan would want a in form Todd to leave 

Social Media is Fine like i feel proud to wear the shirt , Hope the fans enjoyed the win , 150 apps and going strong etc etc 

its the crypt messages that get people talking and thinking of some hidden messages 

Head down New Contract play well and everything else will come Naturally thats what we all want ,

he if plays well signs for another team everyone should would wish him well 

• Like 2

The whole 'grown men' angle irks me a bit, he's 24 at the end of February.

I was a hotel manager at that age, you can bet if I regularly went on social media and agitated the customer base (whilst also never turning up for work) plenty of grown adults would have something to say about it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The real "haters" are very few. They make a lot of noise, but all most of us want to see is a player producing it on the pitch and if they do that they can do whatever they want with their lives outside football.  What those haters do is make it hard for ordinary people to voice criticisms without being labelled haters too.

It is the lack of clarity has been a problem - we need him on the pitch and if he doesn't want to be here then get rid - or if he would be happy to stay here then we could do with seeing some evidence of that on the pitch.......in fact even if he doesn't want to be here he ought to be putting himself in the shop window by showing whta he can do on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Not difficult to spot who follows Cantwell's lame social media drivel on here is it?

Not difficult to spot a really poor version of a forum troll on here either, is it?

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The real "haters" are very few. They make a lot of noise, but all most of us want to see is a player producing it on the pitch and if they do that they can do whatever they want with their lives outside football.  What those haters do is make it hard for ordinary people to voice criticisms without being labelled haters too.

It is the lack of clarity has been a problem - we need him on the pitch and if he doesn't want to be here then get rid - or if he would be happy to stay here then we could do with seeing some evidence of that on the pitch.......in fact even if he doesn't want to be here he ought to be putting himself in the shop window by showing whta he can do on the pitch.

I agree they're a minority, maybe they're all on this forum, who knows.

I fully agree with the lack of clarity - when it's gone on this long without a real statement it's bound to increase speculation.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

You can not control social media replies, you can control your own input and those stop the negative replies.

He needs to heed Dean's sensible advise, concentrate on this job and start helping his colleagues in producing better performances.

He has the tools to stop all negativity.

14 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You can not control social media replies, you can control your own input and those stop the negative replies.

He needs to heed Dean's sensible advise, concentrate on this job and start helping his colleagues in producing better performances.

He has the tools to stop all negativity.

Dean Smith has had Experience of Grealish so if it is  that sort of problem ( and i have no idea ) then i am sure he can sort it out 

if on the other hand it is a problem with someone at the club NON playing then it is a bit harder 

This is where i do not think Todd might not be able to say the truth ( if it is the case ) 

IF and a total guess he has fell out with webber it might not do his career much good if Todd i said i downed tools because they broke promises etc Not very Professional i know but you can sort of understand it 

IF it is Todd being totally unprofessional do Norwich want everyone to Know as it will effect his price 

having said that his price has gone down as he has not played 

it is a real mess that needs someone to get a hold of and sort out what ever it is 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Dean Smith has had Experience of Grealish so if it is  that sort of problem ( and i have no idea ) then i am sure he can sort it out 

if on the other hand it is a problem with someone at the club NON playing then it is a bit harder 

This is where i do not think Todd might not be able to say the truth ( if it is the case ) 

IF and a total guess he has fell out with webber it might not do his career much good if Todd i said i downed tools because they broke promises etc Not very Professional i know but you can sort of understand it 

IF it is Todd being totally unprofessional do Norwich want everyone to Know as it will effect his price 

having said that his price has gone down as he has not played 

it is a real mess that needs someone to get a hold of and sort out what ever it is 

The Webber point is a good one. especially given how he called him out for sitting on the pitch which I do think was uncalled for.

Of course that will scupper all contract negotiations. 

Cantwell should perhaps react better but perhaps the fact he knows Webber will never give him the contract he at least feels he desreves and therfore he will have to leave the club is why he is possible so unmotivated.  The immature aspect of it is that Todd is just cutting off his nose to spite his face as it means he is stuck here because other clubs wont want to take a massive gamble on a player who could be either a) unfit b) injured or c)troublesome.

I'd love to see it sorted by Smith showing Cantwell some love and him performing so he gets a good contract offer or the move to a better (?) club

5 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Is this ironic? From the poster who excels in starting endless negative threads about Todd and almost seems to relish what is happening.

I'd have a glass or two of expensive red wine the celebrate when he leaves, definitely, the day can't come soon enough and would be the best news I've heard in ages in a season with little else to cheer. 

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

The Webber point is a good one. especially given how he called him out for sitting on the pitch which I do think was uncalled for.

He didn't actually mention Cantwell by name and Aarons was sitting on the pitch too, yet we don't have any issues at all with Aarons do we, called dusting yourself down and getting on with it, not being stuck in a perpetual sulk. 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I agree they're a minority, maybe they're all on this forum, who knows.

I fully agree with the lack of clarity - when it's gone on this long without a real statement it's bound to increase speculation.

It is not in the clubs interests to come out and say that they all think Cantwell is a massive turd who has been unprofessional for 6 months, because that's not too conducive to finding a club willing to pay money for him is it. 

4 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

I was a hotel manager at that age, you can bet if I regularly went on social media and agitated the customer base (whilst also never turning up for work) plenty of grown adults would have something to say about it.

Less of your customers would have been following everything you post and reading into everything though 

3 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Half way through the transfer window and no bids for TC according to DS, not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.

Can't imagine many teams will be looking to take a punt on Todd this window, he's barely played, not performed so wouldn't be an instant impact signing which often January transfers tend to try to be (Wood to Newcastle for example). I would imagine if anyone is looking to sign him they'll get in touch before the summer

28 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He didn't actually mention Cantwell by name and Aarons was sitting on the pitch too, yet we don't have any issues at all with Aarons do we, called dusting yourself down and getting on with it, not being stuck in a perpetual sulk. 

Aarons soon got up and went off with the rest of the team. 

5 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Goes both ways doesn't it?

If you are such a "grown man" what is it about his insta-twit posts that "agitate" you so much. They are very much something of nothing, and yet quite a few so called "straight talking" "grown men" on this forum appear to be so reactionary to them.

Same sorts of people who have threatened other posters on occasion, or quite happily suggest younger generations are too easy to offend etc...

The irony current is certainly strong in this thread.

It feels like he could post anything entirely random - "flowers bloom in spring" and the same folks would be "HIDDEN MESSAGES!! HE MEANS US!! IT'S ABOUT US!! IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT US!!!"

Edited by chicken

This has lots of big IFS and ANDS, but.....

IF Todd has been plagued with niggly injuries and IF there has been some personal issues, which may or may not be getting resolved, with no bids being made for Todd, and IF no does bid come for him by end of window then maybe Todd might knuckle down

AND IF that means Todd does knuckle down, els eno one will be interested in taking a chance on him come summer because he's not so great as he thinks he is, then maybe, just maybe we might actually see him put in a shift we know he's capable of.

AND IF that happens, it might feel like a new signing for second half of the season. A fully fit and focused Cantwell playing opposite side of Rashica, would give Pukki some service.

But it's a lot of IFS to work through!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Goes both ways doesn't it?

If you are such a "grown man" what is it about his insta-twit posts that "agitate" you so much. They are very much something of nothing, and yet quite a few so called "straight talking" "grown men" on this forum appear to be so reactionary to them.

Same sorts of people who have threatened other posters on occasion, or quite happily suggest younger generations are too easy to offend etc...

The irony current is certainly strong in this thread.

It feels like he could post anything entirely random - "flowers bloom in spring" and the same folks would be "HIDDEN MESSAGES!! HE MEANS US!! IT'S ABOUT US!! IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT US!!!"

I don't disagree with what you say, social media is literally the devil and it can get at anyone.

Todd could quite easily stick himself on private, though, if he doesn't want to be pestered. Going back to the 'Hotel manager' point, the first time an angry guest searched out my profile on Facebook I did exactly that (people are the worst).

19 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

This has lots of big IFS and ANDS, but.....

IF Todd has been plagued with niggly injuries and IF there has been some personal issues, which may or may not be getting resolved, with no bids being made for Todd, and IF no does bid come for him by end of window then maybe Todd might knuckle down

AND IF that means Todd does knuckle down, els eno one will be interested in taking a chance on him come summer because he's not so great as he thinks he is, then maybe, just maybe we might actually see him put in a shift we know he's capable of.

AND IF that happens, it might feel like a new signing for second half of the season. A fully fit and focused Cantwell playing opposite side of Rashica, would give Pukki some service.

But it's a lot of IFS to work through!!!!!!!!

All good and as you say a lot of "ifs". But then all he has to do is focus on football then the rest falls in to place. When you are being pulled in other directions, focus becomes difficult, but whatever else has caused him to be out of the team, the answer lies with him and him alone - to get himself 100% focussed on his job and do what he is paid for, that is all we as fans can ask him to do - and it's not an unreasonable ask.

15 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I don't disagree with what you say, social media is literally the devil and it can get at anyone.

Todd could quite easily stick himself on private, though, if he doesn't want to be pestered. Going back to the 'Hotel manager' point, the first time an angry guest searched out my profile on Facebook I did exactly that (people are the worst).

Oh sure, but a very different kettle of fish for footballers isn't it? Like it or not, especially in the premier league, it is very much "hollywood". Players image is as lucrative as their footballing ability. Look at Beckham, he's still earning money through modelling etc that he started when he was a footballer. If he was league 2 level, would he have been exposed to that level of marketing and the level of labels that wanted to use him? Doubt it.

Pretty much every famous person has an instagram with a gazillion followers. The more followers you have on there, the more companies want to sponsor you or pay you to display their product.

I know folks who have set up accounts for their dogs and quickly gained thousands of followers and then just been contacted by companies for their dog to wear their clothing in some photos etc. Not paid at this point, but free product. It's where it starts.

And just to add to this... it is for exactly this sort of reason that anyone going to the Oscars gets a "goodie bag" worth tens of thousands of $s. With anything from Rolex watches to the latest I-Phone etc. Because they'll wear it, post a photo of them with it on to instagram, even innocently, and millions of people will see Tom Cruz with a rollex, Angelina Jolie taking a selfie with the latest i-phone etc. As nuts as it is, we are already there.

The devil is more the people that don't know how to use it and/or don't know how to treat it.

These threads tend to demonstrate both, in ample amounts. Including some quite shocking expressions. 

Edited by chicken