22 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Transfers are always subject to thorough prior medical assessment by the buying club to make sure the player is fit.  We wouldn’t be able to just brush long Covid under the carpet.  

True, and I conceded that much already in my first comment of the day. The club felt they’d try anyway? 

However him just downing tools this season makes no sense. If anything, I’d have expected him to go ballistic after he was denied a move to Leeds after our last stint in the PL. According to sources on this board the deal was all but sealed when Webber pulled out and sold Lewis instead.

He kept his cool for a season in the Championship but doesn’t want to play in the Premier League? You tell me this makes sense.

33 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

True, and I conceded that much already in my first comment of the day. The club felt they’d try anyway? 

However him just downing tools this season makes no sense. If anything, I’d have expected him to go ballistic after he was denied a move to Leeds after our last stint in the PL. According to sources on this board the deal was all but sealed when Webber pulled out and sold Lewis instead.

He kept his cool for a season in the Championship but doesn’t want to play in the Premier League? You tell me this makes sense.

Who knows?  Perhaps he was told the same as Buendia - stick with us until the end of the season and then you can go, and then decided in August to throw his toys out of the pram when he didn’t get the transfer he was expecting.  

Possibly - in which case I’d strongly blame management for breaking a commitment, not Cantwell for reacting negatively.

In this scenario he would first have been told that a move to Leeds is imminent. Then a season later, he’d have been let down once again.

If that would be the case, small wonder his loyalty to the club would be exhausted. 

Edited by ÅlandicCanary
Grammar

RE the twitter header-

It may just be the case he's been asked to put that there for Puma, for whom he is a signed athlete- potentially quite innocent.

For the conspiracy theorists, Rise Up is primarily a golf denomination of Puma so he might be making a veiled claim to be some latter-day Gareth Bale.

Obviously that second option is bonkers- but I do believe Todd knows e x a c t l y what he's doing with his social media. Without it, nobody in the football world would currently give half a Marley Watkins what TC14 is up to.

Well, whatever it is, it has all been very badly handled by everyone involved the Club.

This farsical situation should have been sorted out months ago.

Talk about the tail wagging the dog

• Like 1

Another tiresome cryptic social media post from Todd. He’s become a parody of himself. You’re embarrassing mate get a grip. 

F4341868-0960-484A-BFE1-6E5A88EC420A.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

That’s really a very clear message. 

Go on then, tell us. Who is pretending to know, and what are they pretending to know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Go on then, tell us. Who is pretending to know, and what are they pretending to know?

TNC, our fan(s) of the season might..... 

31 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Another tiresome cryptic social media post from Todd. He’s become a parody of himself. You’re embarrassing mate get a grip. 

some good replies to his twitter 

Todd Cantwell this season: Appearances: 8 Goals: 0 Assists: 0 Good performances: 0 Pointless Instagram story quotes: 10

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

i think this Reply is better and how i feel 

" Then tell us Todd ... You might find more fans on your side than you think ."" 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Seriously? Read the comments on here.

But as @norfolkngood quoted someone above, all of this ”pretending to know” speculation stems from not having any real info to go by. Todd could be a bit more helpful. 

As it is, ofc there will be speculation and frustration.

Edited by ÅlandicCanary

3 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

Do you think Todd does? 

For all the smoke and mirrors, there has to be a reason that two successive managers have frozen him out. Fingers crossed we can ship him out this month and reinvest the fee elsewhere, he's become a most unwelcome circus sideshow in what's already looking like a car crash of a season.

• Like 8

Just now, ÅlandicCanary said:

For his peace of mind I hope he doesn’t 😀

Brings it on himself. 

No sympathy here. 

7 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

But as @norfolkngood quoted someone above, all of this ”pretending to know” speculation stems from not having any real info to go by. Todd could be a bit more helpful. 

As it is, ofc there will be speculation and frustration.

i understand Todd not saying if it is a Private matter why should he share 

IF it has been a fall out at club or a broken promise i would name and shame but that's not what happens if you are a professional footballer as he has to protect his career  ! 

It feels like he’s dying to tell us, but can’t. Hence these messages on twitter. I don’t believe in any personal issues outside of football for a second.

I suppose he’ll spill the beans when he’s no longer at the club. Hopefully he’ll get his move soon.

4 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

It feels like he’s dying to tell us, but can’t. Hence these messages on twitter. I don’t believe in any personal issues outside of football for a second.

I suppose he’ll spill the beans when he’s no longer at the club. Hopefully he’ll get his move soon.

Absolute rubbish, it's another look at poor me post. 

Keeping himself in the public eye, as his football certainly isnt.

Hes do himself much better if he just the ferk up. 

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

If I was on social media I'd like to reply:

"If you don't want to play for Norwich anymore, don't pretend you do"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

I still find it really odd that every single post you have made on this forum mentions Todd Cantwell, do you have a crush on him?

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I still find it really odd that every single post you have made on this forum mentions Todd Cantwell, do you have a crush on him?

Perhaps it is Todd....... 

Stranger things have happened. 

I claim my £5. 

29 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

For all the smoke and mirrors, there has to be a reason that two successive managers have frozen him out. Fingers crossed we can ship him out this month and reinvest the fee elsewhere, he's become a most unwelcome circus sideshow in what's already looking like a car crash of a season.

Yeah. The unfortunate reality is he is one of very few genuine Premier League players we have and his likely destination will be a rival.

I'm fairly sure when everything comes out it won't all be Todd's fault - but it doesn't look like he is about to help himself anytime soon.

I am absolutely sick of the whole Todd Cantwell situation and the first thing i would do if i was Dean Smith is to get him as far away from the first team squad and get him to train with the U18's.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am absolutely sick of the whole Todd Cantwell situation and the first thing i would do if i was Dean Smith is to get him as far away from the first team squad and get him to train with the U18's.

Last thing we need is our 16 and 17 year olds looking up to Todd Cantwell, lets ban him from Colney.

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe he can teach the under 18's pros and cons of Social media 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

This is getting even more tiresome than my threads

• Like 1
  • Haha 3