Can't help but think that whilst this delivering Christmas presents around dereham thing was a nice gesture, it had a lot to do with upping the image and perception, with the sceptic in me asking why and who gains from this. 

• Like 1

Sick of him now. Over halfway through the season and he's fu#ked us about with a succesion of excuses

His team mates need him , can he really say he's putting himself all out to play?

If he does play for us again , I can see the fans reacting badly to him now

• Like 1

If only him and the club were honest about what the hell is going on.

The silence understandably leads to anger and speculation which benefits no one, and least of all himself. 

• Like 2

Just saw this on Twitter, from a reliable journalist.  so what happens if nobody bids for him in jan?  Will they still trigger the extension? He obviously making excuses not to play. image.thumb.jpeg.b08621ec1d83983dd3a86f5bf6b1f8d9.jpeg

Edited by Star55

I guess if you take things at face value he could have had long covid (pretty sure we know he had covid in the summer?) and still be suffering - there’s a lot of people who it has totally screwed and playing PL football wouldn’t be possible, that’s for sure.  But if it were that, surely we’d be told?

6 minutes ago, Star55 said:

Just saw this on Twitter, from a reliable journalist.  so what happens if nobody bids for him in jan?  Will they still trigger the extension? He obviously making excuses not to play. image.thumb.jpeg.b08621ec1d83983dd3a86f5bf6b1f8d9.jpeg

Illness that is a four letter word, starts with L and in Y and contains an A and a Z

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Star55 said:

Illness, injury, personal reasons, we've had it all now. Farke was right all along.

The real reason is probably that he just wants to sit at home doing TikToks and searching for his own name on Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I guess if you take things at face value he could have had long covid (pretty sure we know he had covid in the summer?) and still be suffering - there’s a lot of people who it has totally screwed and playing PL football wouldn’t be possible, that’s for sure.  But if it were that, surely we’d be told?

Unless he’s an anti-vaxxer and doesn’t want the inevitable backlash that would come with it. It would certainly account for his loss of fitness between the start of the season and games under Smith.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Next Alex Pritchard, League One within 3 years and retired and bankrupt not long after.

That is harsh, made me chuckle but I genuinely hopes he does sort himself out.

Always worth waiting for all the facts before laying into, especially, one of our own. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Star55 said:

He will leave on a free if no one comes. Mark my words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

what's he actually done this time? Anyone know?

Okay…I’ll take a swing at the soft pitch…

He’s done nothing.

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Where are you?

He's visiting his family, Cantplaywell, Cantpasswell, Canttrainwell, Cantscorewell, Cantrunwell and Cantgetwell.

• Haha 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah, I mean. If he stays past January, surely it’s going to be awkward for everyone now. Bad vibes all around and that can’t be good for the team. 

32 minutes ago, Star55 said:

I say trigger the extension and let him rot on the U23 bench. Teach him and all the other youngsters who get too big for their pants an (expensive) lesson.

12 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

That is harsh, made me chuckle but I genuinely hopes he does sort himself out.

The really weird thing is , it  seems some people don't,  how is that good for anyone.?

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The really weird thing is , it  seems some people don't,  how is that good for anyone.?

I think as football fans we measure things in such a binary way we forget that there are other things in life that matter, than our club winning all the time.

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I think as football fans we measure things in such a binary way we forget that there are other things in life that matter, than our club winning all the time.

Some do , some don't.  I don't.  Apologies  for being so abrupt,  👍😇😉

Edited by wcorkcanary
Apologies

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Agreed, be banished until summer and then released on a free transfer, no extension.

The extension won't be triggered.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is by far the most likely explanation. He's not been anywhere near 100% fit all season. It checks out.

The alternative, that he'd just throw his career away because he's moody and a "tool downer" doesn't make any sense at all. Of course he would know that not playing at all or playing poorly will not make his dream move to a big club come true! 

Also makes sense that the club would hide his long covid issues at all costs. Revealing them would utterly destroy any hopes of cashing in on him.

EDIT: However, surely any interested buyer would examine him thoroughly before sealing any deal, eliminating the obvious risk of signing a player who wont be able to play for them. I'd say there's no reason to hide the truth any more and it's just disrespectful to keep the fans guessing for this long. This isn't working for anyone!

Edited by ÅlandicCanary

I Think a lot of the confusion around Todd has been fuelled by the Club saying. one thing and Todd saying another on his social media 

Farke said he had not been training etc then Todd is on social media saying i am not injured 

then he is on social media saying thank you for all the messages but he is thankful he is not suffering from any mental health issues 

( or words to that effect ) which i am sure 100 % of the fans are happy about or should be ! 

So there has been mixed messages all season 

what the truth is i really have no idea but if club and player were saying same things i think that would stop a lot of the guessing by some fans ,

it is not good for anyone the club has lost money on a big transfer fee 

and Todd has lost money due to wages from a bigger team and signing on fee 

so no winners 

12 hours ago, hurricane said:

Can't help but think that whilst this delivering Christmas presents around dereham thing was a nice gesture, it had a lot to do with upping the image and perception, with the sceptic in me asking why and who gains from this. 

Really? Todd’s not like that. 

Have you seen Todd has changed his picture on his Twitter page? I wonder if this is a kryptic message? 

image.jpeg

Edited by Star55

39 minutes ago, Star55 said:

Have you seen Todd has changed his picture on his Twitter page? I wonder if this is a kryptic message? 

image.jpeg

Its blatantly obvious. 

Black. Newcastle.

Two big Newcastle fan accounts on twitter reported yesterday that a deal was done. 

Thank god.