7 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Its blatantly obvious. 

Black. Newcastle.

Two big Newcastle fan accounts on twitter reported yesterday that a deal was done. 

Thank god. 

Oh I didn’t even notice that. I was looking at the sshhhing and the ‘rise up’ pic 

Ok, the image is true. If that is an indication and it looks like it, absolutely glad to get rid if him.  Couldn't even wait for the official announcement...........unless it is a p*ss take, which if so is just puerile.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Is this a genuine image?  Shameful if true.

Go look at his Twitter page. It the pic at the top of his profile. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Never too ill for a good old twitter update.😉

All about priorities. 

To be fair takes a bit more energy to play football for 90 mins in the premier league than put out a tweet!! (unless you're kenny Mclean!!)

I do agree that the sooner this pantomime is over and he leaves the better...and I say that as a fan of the old Cantwell!

I'm sure that Todd will receive a rapturous welcome on his return when we play them at Carra the back end of April....."He's one of our own!"....

We could all then do a massive celebratory Tik Tok dance in the stands for him.....Much better than a Mexican wave....

Only if it is indeed fact, that he's North East bound....

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'm sure that Todd will receive a rapturous welcome on his return when we play them at Carra the back end of April....."He's one of our own!"....

We could all then do a massive celebratory Tik Tok dance in the stands for him.....Much better than a Mexican wave....

Only if it is indeed fact, that he's North East bound....

If he does get his move, what chance he’ll be fit by the end of April to face us? 

Just now, Indy said:

If he does get his move, what chance he’ll be fit by the end of April to face us? 

Knowing their support and if he don't hit the ground running - he'll know what abuse and criticism really is.....

• Like 1

If true I'm sure it serves our purpose to keep quiet so he's probably doing the club a favour. Why tell the world you've got £xm available if trying to negotiate deals elsewhere. 

Its all a massive trunk load of fairly spurious speculation though. 

• Like 1

Maxy Aaron’s runs rings around Todd in ability, professionalism, and mentality. And he’s younger. Todd is a spoiled brat.

Long COVID, that's a new one 😂

Let's stop making excuses for a guy who has no respect for the club or the fans and, yet again, so obviously does not want to be here. If it was long COVID, or indeed anything like that, don't you think the club would have just told us rather than have all this speculation? They'd want to shut down all the negativity going around about Cantwell, and could easily have done so. However, they haven't, because he's just a *** with a dreadful attitude and no professionalism. 

Edited by alex_ncfc

14 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Let's stop making excuses for a guy who has no respect for the club or the fans and, yet again, so obviously does not want to be here. If it was long COVID, or indeed anything like that, don't you think the club would have just told us rather than have all this speculation? They'd want to shut down all the negativity going around about Cantwell, and could easily have done so. However, they haven't, because he's just a *** with a dreadful attitude and no professionalism. 

Doubt he would be training with a view to selection if he had long Covid. 

Or Dean Smith would say they expect him back training and available for Everton. 

54 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Doubt he would be training with a view to selection if he had long Covid. 

Or Dean Smith would say they expect him back training and available for Everton. 

Is that Newcastle v Everton game? 😂💛💚

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Todd's working from home....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

If it was long COVID, or indeed anything like that, don't you think the club would have just told us rather than have all this speculation? They'd want to shut down all the negativity going around about Cantwell, and could easily have done so.

What makes you so sure? 

If they’d go public and admit that it’s long covid, what do you think would happen to his transfer value? You don’t think the club would desperately try to cash in before it’s too late? We’re talking big money here.

Not saying he has long covid, but it would make sense.

-He’s ”ill” or absent a lot from training

-Seems badly out of form, a shadow of his former self

Meanwhile, your theory which you tout as absolute fact is that he just does care. Does it really make sense to you that he’d just give up on his career altogether like that? Or does he somehow childishly believe that not playing and not showing up for training will make big clubs chase him? Surely a professional football player at this level would have more sense than that. He’d never have made it this far without knowing the importance of making an effort.

Again, this is just a theory. But it would be foolish to pretend we know for sure what the deal is when we obviously don’t know what’s going on. 

I hope I’m wrong.

And that Newcastle staff members aren’t following this forum.

12 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

What makes you so sure? 

If they’d go public and admit that it’s long covid, what do you think would happen to his transfer value? You don’t think the club would desperately try to cash in before it’s too late? We’re talking big money here.

Meanwhile, your theory which you tout as absolute fact is that he just does care. Does it really make sense to you that he’d just give up on his career altogether like that? Or does he somehow childishly believe that not playing and not showing up for training will make big clubs chase him? Surely a professional football player at this level would have more sense than that. He’d never have made it this far without knowing the importance of making an effort.

Again, this is just a theory. But it would be foolish to pretend we know for sure what the deal is when we obviously don’t know what’s going on. 

I hope I’m wrong.

12 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

What makes you so sure? 

I hope I’m wrong.

If the issue was only long-COVID then we wouldn’t be actively trying to sell him for half the price we’d have gotten 6 months ago. We’d use his contract extension and then nurture him back to form and then sell when his price appreciates again. Makes no sense to sell now under the current model if it’s long-COVID. 

11 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

If the issue was only long-COVID then we wouldn’t be actively trying to sell him for half the price we’d have gotten 6 months ago. We’d use his contract extension and then nurture him back to form and then sell when his price appreciates again. Makes no sense to sell now under the current model if it’s long-COVID. 

We might. Or we might try to get rid of him as soon as we’ve realized the issue is a big one. Long covid is something we really don’t know much about yet. It might be reasoned that it’s a smaller risk to cut our losses and sell rather than hope he’ll one day be restored to full health. 

Hope is a poor investment strategy and I’m sure Webber is aware of this.

I’m aware I might be overthinking this. It’s all so very bizarre, the whole situation.

4 hours ago, Indy said:

If he gets his move, he'll be fit next week.

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

cuntwll.png

I think this kinda confirms he will not be playing for Norwich anymore??? The pic before that one was of him playing in his Norwich kit. I could be wrong but looks that way to me. He must know he is going somewhere otherwise he would look like a bit of a d**k if nobody comes in for him and he has that pic up. 

49 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

What makes you so sure? 

That argument holds no water whatsoever.  Transfers are always subject to thorough prior medical assessment by the buying club to make sure the player is fit.  We wouldn’t be able to just brush long Covid under the carpet.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

That argument holds no water whatsoever.  Transfers are always subject to thorough prior medical assessment by the buying club to make sure the player is fit.  We wouldn’t be able to just brush long Covid under the carpet.  

Exactly thats why i am sure the club would say Todd has had covid and can not quite get to full fitness 

JOB done no whispers , 

Trying to pick the Truth about Todd  out of what Farke and Smith have said is very hard 

what i do not understand was when farke was saying Todd has not trained etc why oh why Todd was on Social media saying i am not injured or anything let himself down 

then the picture of him at the NFL game when all this was going on etc 

i do not have twitter but have seen some on here

sometimes saying nothing is better that all these cryptic  messages he puts on that do not say anything only muddy's the water and then people start rumours and people start guessing