Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham(PL) *****

43 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Newt O Pia. I think you are wrong. I think we SHOULD get angry just because we lost. I believe that we should get angry EVERY time we lose. We should be outraged that we do not compete at this level. That we have no quality players in the squad. We have no players wishing to show that they are better than the mediocrity that we see exhibited week in and week out. We should be furious that we have wasted another season in the Premiership. We should be incensed that all the Buendia income was flushed down the toilet buying Tzolis , Lees Mallooo and all the other inadequates. I can see nothing good coming from this season or the next few seasons. We will be fortunate to stay in the Championship next season.

Life is too short to argue but we did compete tonight (had we lost either 2 1 or 1 0 that would have been a fair reflection of the game I saw)

Rashica, Pukki, Williams, Krul, Idah, Aarons, and Hanley looked good enough.  Although West ham were better 

I hope (and think) you are wrong that we will drop through the leagues.  Unless we spend our money on a few desperate signings.

Edited by Newtopia

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tzolis for me has been the biggest waste of a transfer - if you’re spending 20-25% of your budget on a player, he needs to be far more influential than playing odd minutes here and there.  He may be one for the future, but we happen to be playing here and now.  

For everyone’s benefit, particularly his long term, the best thing we could do right now is ask PAOK to take him on loan for the rest of this season just so he can hopefully regain some confidence in a familiar environment.    Otherwise, this experience might just have ruined his potential.     Not his fault, he was never ready to star in this league, we should have known that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

For everyone’s benefit, particularly his long term, the best thing we could do right now is ask PAOK to take him on loan for the rest of this season just so he can hopefully regain some confidence in a familiar environment.    Otherwise, this experience might just have ruined his potential.     Not his fault, he was never ready to star in this league, we should have known that.

A loan is a good idea, although I would send him to Holland or Germany, he just needs some matches.

At least HITC Sevens on YouTube ranks us at the 6th best well-run club in the league I guess.

He commented/complemented on how we always spend within our means.

Oh well, at least we put up a fight tonight, but it’s a results business at the end of the day.

Edited by KernowCanary

16 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Surely they have to do something about it don’t they? How do we make them? 

Part of me thinks the problem is season tickets. I imagine if you had a choice of 'do I pay £50 to go and watch that sh*te or do I do something else?' at present a number might decide to do something else. With a season ticket you're already paid up so if you dont go you've thrown your money away.

If fans keep turning up the board see no reason to change. If the stands start emptying might take notice.

Unfortunately because you've already paid they have fans over a barrell