Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham(PL) *****

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rowe looks better than Tzolis. I see literally nothing in him.

World away from that Bournemouth performance

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not difficult if youre watching, he looked shot and was feeling his groin area a couple times too. Hopefully precautionary.

Don’t worry, there’s some here who can actually see what’s going on.  
He’d put a big shift in, looked like he might have a knock, we have another game in 3 days, and we’re losing.  

• Like 1

We're just an absolute nothing team. Not dangerous attacking, not a nasty team who make it difficult for the opposition, not solid and difficult to break down, not a team that runs themselves into the ground just...nothing.

It is embarrassing to look this out of our depth. Webber and the owners need to be taking a good hard look at themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

The money we've spunked on Tzolis is reckless. Perhaps he is one for the future but a very poor call from Webber.

He needs to drastically improve just to look half useful at Championship level. As I said earlier, young Rowe looks more useful in his 2 cameo appearances so far.

Idah was actually pretty good and we seemed bit more dangerous with more direct attacks. We are two midfielders away for being competitive in this level. With this midfield, we do not belong to the league. Really miss Skipp. And Normann..

• Like 1

Well, that was a waste of everyone's time. The fact I'm doing **** all anyway is neither here nor there.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

Well Happy clappers was"nt that a great game of football, we had a shot on goal, 2 passes in midfield, Hanley headed the ball, the fans should be very proud of the team tonight , they put in a shift in tonight 2, what more can you happy cappers want, apart from a goal🤣

That's the spirit - keep up the original thinking

Tzolis looked really exciting against Bournemouth reserves. Ever since stealing and missing that penalty and subsequent dressing down from Farke, he's offered absolutely nothing. 

We got an apology from Boris today. Maybe Webber will provide one too and admit he got it horribly wrong!

Well it wasn't embarrassing or humiliating, and a few players showed decent moments, certainly more positives to take than from the past 3 games. But we're still miles off being good enough for this league.

• Like 5

Getting Normann back is key. Losing 2-0 away at 4th placed team is no disgrace. It's the games against lower teams we have to win. 

Just now, hogesar said:

He needs to drastically improve just to look half useful at Championship level. As I said earlier, young Rowe looks more useful in his 2 cameo appearances so far.

Tzolis for me has been the biggest waste of a transfer - if you’re spending 20-25% of your budget on a player, he needs to be far more influential than playing odd minutes here and there.  He may be one for the future, but we happen to be playing here and now.  

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Don’t worry, there’s some here who can actually see what’s going on.  
He’d put a big shift in, looked like he might have a knock, we have another game in 3 days, and we’re losing.  

Let us in on your superior reading of the game then.

1 minute ago, corbs said:

That's the spirit - keep up the original thinking

I know and it gets better 🤣

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Well it wasn't embarrassing or humiliating, and a few players showed decent moments, certainly more positives to take than from the past 3 games. But we're still miles off being good enough for this league.

Yeah thats a pretty fair summary.

Decent teams play badly, miss chances, under perform, yet still beat us 1 or 2 nil every time.

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think that is what is so depressing- this was actually an OK performance by our standards yet we still looked miles off. 

Positives: Idah, Williams, Hanley

Negatives: The usual so no need to repeat in terms of names and lack of quality. 

We really need a midfield general to run the team. 

I think that we looked as likely to equalise up to their second goal shows that it was a better performance. West Ham are a decent side and I was expecting it to be a lot worse tbh.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

We're just an absolute nothing team. Not dangerous attacking, not a nasty team who make it difficult for the opposition, not solid and difficult to break down, not a team that runs themselves into the ground just...nothing.

Tumbleweed FC?

Dust Utd?

Empty Ball Sack Albion?

OTBC

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Nicely summarised. 

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rowe looks better than Tzolis. I see literally nothing in him.

Have to say I completely agree. Have wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt for so long, but it's getting to the point now where I don't actually think he's any good at all. What is he meant to do? He's not quick, doesn't appear particularly skilful, can't cross, doesn't really seem positive when he gets the ball... seems to be another Webber dud I'm afraid.

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Like 1