Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham(PL) *****

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's another game were the midfield is utterly annonymous.

I'm sure we'll get the usual 'he wasn't the worst player on the pitch' but its criminal Kenny McLean gets so many games at a level he's clearly not good enough for.

Who are you putting place of McLean tonight? Sorensen was much worse than him against Charlton, for crying out loud.

I'm sure we'll get the usual 'he wasn't the worst player on the pitch' but its criminal Kenny McLean gets so many games at a level he's clearly not good enough for.

He’s our best/most reliable fit midfielder. I know it’s a low bar but that’s why he plays. 

• Like 1

Normann aside, I think our whole central midfield is sub-premier league standard.

OTBC

Just now, Jim Smith said:

He’s our best/most reliable fit midfielder. I know it’s a low bar but that’s why he plays. 

Exactly. I've never said he's a good Premier League player but he's the best we have available. He's become a fall guy for a lot of people on here. Want to criticise? Criticise Gibsons pathetically weak attempt up against Bowen for the goal.

We are terrible. At least we put in the occasional good performance last time we were in the prem. Worst season to watch since in dunno when 

Just now, hogesar said:

Who are you putting place of McLean tonight? Sorensen was much worse than him against Charlton, for crying out loud.

I'm not saying anyone else is better. Its an indictment of our recruitment that we've twice failed to upgrade him. 

I stand by my opinion that he wouldn't get on the bench of another team in this division let alone the starting xi.

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

We are terrible. At least we put in the occasional good performance last time we were in the prem. Worst season to watch since in dunno when 

Says it all when a team made of youth players and free agents can play better than the current lot..

10 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I feel like we could have signed Bowen in our first Farke promotion season but didn’t want to fork out the money.

Couldn't afford him. He moved to West Ham in January 2020 for £18m with add ons worth a further £7m. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He was rubbish as well against Charlton! You're comparing dog sh1t to cat sh1t.

OTBC

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Exactly. I've never said he's a good Premier League player but he's the best we have available. He's become a fall guy for a lot of people on here. Want to criticise? Criticise Gibsons pathetically weak attempt up against Bowen for the goal.

Yep. It was a cross not a turnover in midfield. 

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Normann aside, I think our whole central midfield is sub-premier league standard.

OTBC

Surely they have to do something about it don’t they? How do we make them? 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

He was rubbish as well against Charlton! You're comparing dog sh1t to cat sh1t.

OTBC

This basically.

He's not good enough. The fact nobody else in our squad is either doesn't change that.

Don't think there's much point in us even playing anyone in central midfield, they might as well not even be there every game. We should try being the first club to try a 4-0-6 formation and just hit it long because I doubt it'll be any worse. 

Webber takes the blame here for completely shafting both of our managers. How he could have sat through 19/20 and saw the profile of player every other team has in their CM and what it allowed other teams to do to us and and made him think we would be okay with the players we have, even Normann isn't a defensive midfielder and lacks some agility and pace.

That whole area needs to be revamped in the summer and by someone other than Webber if he still doesn't get it. 

I'm capable of criticising both, as I did earlier.

It isn't a zero sum game. Gibson was ****e yes, Kenny has also been **** poor. 

To be fair, it would be easier for me the list the players who haven't looked ****e today. Aarons maybe? And Pukki?

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

We’d be winning this with Farke in charge

We really wouldn't. Nobody managing our squad of misfits would be able to get them winning this. The players aren't good enough. A central midfield pairing of McLean and Lees-Melou wouldn't be good enough against most Championship sides, let alone against an in-form West Ham at their place.

We're rubbish and we'd be rubbish regardless of who is managing us.

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Quite sure that this is the worst Norwich City side that I have ever witnessed in 50 years plus of supporting them. Cannot even bother to watch the second half. Just not worth bothering. Good night.

Not even close-2008/09 season:

image.thumb.png.a0f64838ebc010d198767fefb59d89d8.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Don't think there's much point in us even playing anyone in central midfield, they might as well not even be there every game. We should try being the first club to try a 4-0-6 formation and just hit it long because I doubt it'll be any worse. 

LOLed at that. F*ck it. Might as well!

OTBC

I have criticised Kenny in the past when I felt he was getting picked ahead of better players (or to be more accurate I criticised his constant selection) but last season he improved a lot snd I can’t ever fault his effort. He also wins a lot in the air which is important in games like this.

it’s not his fault Webber has assembled this horrifically weak set of midfielders by premier league standards. If Webber does his job Kenny is probably our “back up” midfielder capable of covering any of the midfield positions. 

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I suppose that if it's Kenny to blame then we don't have to think more deeply about the complexity of our problems.

You desperately need to learn how to read.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Youre forgetting

Daniel Farke

Dean Smith

Craig Shakespeare

Id much rather be in their company on football opinions than some strange exiled fan on a forum.

Kenny has been good so far too.

Jesus wept. 

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

We really wouldn't. Nobody managing our squad of misfits would be able to get them winning this. The players aren't good enough. A central midfield pairing of McLean and Lees-Melou wouldn't be good enough against most Championship sides, let alone against an in-form West Ham at their place.

We're rubbish and we'd be rubbish regardless of who is managing us.

Point made, I thank you 😁

So that’s now 506 minutes without a goal in the league! (Without Injury Time), what’s the record for going without a goal in the premier league?

We haven’t sounded that bad, but to be honest we haven’t sounded to that good and given how poor we have been…….not really much to shout about! Can we just score a league goal soon!

This league is just terribly unforgiving. Every team in this league, even in the bottom half has a level of quality we can very rarely match. The sheer fact we’re not even trying to bring in a midfielder is a real concern. I am usually very optimistic and last time we went down you could see the semblance of a team that could get us back up but we really have lost our identity and it now feels like we can’t hurt teams at all. I’d rather see the weak Vrancic, leitner, stipermann, Hernandez team as atleast they had some flair about them. Pray for a better second half 

18 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

**** poor from Gibson. Could forgive Antonio beating him like that but Bowen?

Have you actually looked at the physique of Bowen? He's  a chunk.