Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Sign Johanson Permenantly??

Je looks like a good player, and i would like to see him start up front with erny for the rest of the season if we are looking at picking him up permanently as he did not look too comfortable on the right wing.  However he will probably play there as worthy likes his converted strikers on the wing....

if He and Erny could strike up a partnership he would be a useful purchase.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~783877,00.html

I would agree with this, the only thing I would question is where does this leave Mcveigh (prob on the wing rather than up front) - I would be tempted with leaving him on the wing (okay he didn''t play great out there on Tues, but who did play great on Tues apart from Huckerby) and with two little blokes up front we would surely be forced to play it on the ground and this should IMO make us go with midfield of Robinson and Safri. I think that the main problem with us the other night was Hughes in central midfield which is my main gripe with Worthington. Stop playing him when we have other decent central midfielders fit! If we keep giving the ball away needlessly, this makes every other players task 10 times more difficult. Anyway, back to your point, yes I do think we should try to get JJ2 here full time. 

Mac wrote: I would agree with this, the only thing I would question is where does this leave Mcveigh (prob on the wing rather than up front) - I would be tempted with leaving him on the wing (okay he didn''t play great out there on Tues, but who did play great on Tues apart from Huckerby) and with two little blokes up front we would surely be forced to play it on the ground and this should IMO make us go with midfield of Robinson and Safri. I think that the main problem with us the other night was Hughes in central midfield which is my main gripe with Worthington. Stop playing him when we have other decent central midfielders fit! If we keep giving the ball away needlessly, this makes every other players task 10 times more difficult. Anyway, back to your point, yes I do think we should try to get JJ2 here full time. 

the 2 little guys thing is a real problem...  even spurs the other day found it difficult to retain posession with keane and defoe up top. admittedly they tore apart Charlton the previous week...

Its nice to have the optoion with a big man, but at 33 I cant see thorne being a fixture and JJ just isnt that type of player.... McVeigh did a decent job on the wing (admittadly against 10 men), with the two of them in the side they could always switch positions should it not be working??

McVeigh has to be started at the moment..  he is our form player and creating goals...

I''m a big fan of JJ and was very pleased when we signed him. He would be a good permanent signing in theory but I''m not sure he and Earnshaw would work well together and Earnshaw isn''t going to get dropped after we paid so much for him. I shouldn''t imaging JJ would come cheap in fee or wages so I''m not sure whether it will happen. I was hoping JJ would be successful on the right wing but he didn''t have a great game there against Brighton.

Hucks, JJ, McVeigh, Earnshaw and McKenzie are all fairly similar in their style of play so I think if we sign a new striker we need someone a little different - a target man who Earnshaw could play off (someone who can hold the ball up rather than someone we just lump long balls up to) but one with much more quality than Thorne! It showed so much against Ipswich (and Brighton in the second half) that we desperately need someone who can hold the ball up otherwise it just comes straight back until the pressure eventually results in a goal!

JJ would be a good addition to the squad. How much what he be? I wouldn''t mind Rehman coming in permantley but i''m sure if he would or if fulham would want him too. I know he''s a Defensive Midfieder but i''m sure he can do defence.

JJ2 and zipper are similar players - clearly strikers with a good touch.  I suspect that like zipper JJ2 could also play in the hole behind  front two 

JJ2 full time would be good - if our midfield can get to learn to pass - JJ2 & Earnie would be good in a passing based team.

However the priority as ever remains the right flank.  

[quote user="king johnbond"]where would you play leon, if he is fit he has to play.[/quote]

I would have McKenzie defo play up front with erny - he has looked VERY lively in his two games as a sub.  Unless he can play right wing, I dont see a future for JJ2 at Norwich unfortunatly, we just have other areas on the park which really do need to be strengthened.

Yeah PR,

You have a point with the two little blokes up front, perhaps as you say they could switch as McVeigh can certainly do a job on the wing I was just thinking that he obviously prefers going through the middle. As far as JJ2 and Leon are concerned, I don''t think that there is any problem with having both of them providing a decent level of competition for the place alongside Earnie. I also think that Leon has consistently proven that he is at his most effective when he comes on for the last 30 mins or so. All in all, the three of them seem to be a pretty good pool from which to pick our striking options. The main thing is that with Hughes in midfield, I don''t think that any of them are going to get anything like the service they require.  

absolutely right about hughes, Mac, the midfield just doesnt look or act composed and has no shape. again Etuhu seems to have the same problem, his positional sense seems poor and he doesnt seem to no what to do when he doesnt have the ball.  This is what leads me to think the quiet but effective Robinson, taking up the correct position and neatly laying the ball off to others to create the chances, was a big reason why we had our good spell, along with mcveigh scoring and creating chances.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="king johnbond"]where would you play leon, if he is fit he has to play.[/quote]

I would have McKenzie defo play up front with erny - he has looked VERY lively in his two games as a sub.  Unless he can play right wing, I dont see a future for JJ2 at Norwich unfortunatly, we just have other areas on the park which really do need to be strengthened.

[/quote]

Agreed, JJ2 is probably one of our highest wage earners, and although he is good, I think he makes as many problems as he solves. McKenzie and Earnie for me, with WLY on the right, as these are the form players atm. Also, McKezie can do no wrong: )

Depends on the price!  For £200k or so, perhaps he might be worth signing, but he is hardly an element in the team re-building, by whichever manager. Is he already over 30? I agree that he still has speed and he has always had control, and he would be a useful squad member.In part it depends on any departures, - McV looks like going, and Thorne seems to be past it. If management decide that there is no future for Hendo or Jarvis (snr), then the striking department would look thin without Johansson. There do not seem to be strikers among the promising youngsters. The young Dane is a year or two away from contention?My feeling is , yes, sign him so long as he doesn''t cost too much. But we need whatever budget there is to replace midifielders and acquire a defender or two!

He is an average player at the moment who simply doesnt fit into our team. He is not a winger and is no where near as good as hucks or mcveigh. He cannot be used as a targetman because he is poor in the air, isnt overly quick either and so really needs to play with a targetman. Therefore i wouldnt buy him because we have enough small strikers who are better than he is. Huckerby, Mcveigh, Mckenzie and also ryan jarvis and henderson.

Why waste money on someone who doesnt fit in when we could buy an out and out winger like Halford for about 1 million?

considering he is out of contract in the summer they wont want anything.... its called a free transfer ;)

SIGN HIM UP!!!!!!!

So what we''re saying is that Johanssen is in the same boat as McVeigh - skilful players in the last months of a contract that doesn''t look like being renewed.Hmmm....Would either be trying so hard to impress if they had the security of a two-year deal in the back pocket? David Neilsen anybody?