Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Pukki to Newcastle

No, not really.

However it looks like Burnley are about to sell Chris Wood to Newcastle.

Guess that's not the sort of thing the Burnley fans were hoping for when they got new owners recently. 🤔

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Guess that's not the sort of thing the Burnley fans were hoping for when they got new owners recently. 🤔

When you use the clubs own money to buy it, and still haven't bought it fully, should set off a few alarms bells.

Poor form to reply to your own posts.  Only Lakey can do this.  However didn't expect any less from you idiot

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Poor form to reply to your own posts.  Only Lakey can do this.  However didn't expect any less from you idiot

Oh dear, oh dear. Potty mouth pete's being all abusive again. As my old teacher used to say - empty vessels rattle the loudest. 😂

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is even worse clickbait than my threads

At least you admit yours are clickbait threads. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

At least you admit yours are clickbait threads. 

Even James Kent managed a link to sites he might make a few pennies from. I still can’t see what Cambridge gets out of his posting frenzy, other than abuse from other posters. Just needy I guess?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Even James Kent managed a link to sites he might make a few pennies from. I still can’t see what Cambridge gets out of his posting frenzy, other than abuse from other posters. Just needy I guess?

Thats also fair. 

Guess only one person knows for sure..... 

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I love the attention. It turns me on immensely.

The more people mention me the more threads I want to make.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I love the attention. It turns me on immensely.

The more people mention me the more threads I want to make.

To borrow a phrase from another thread, do you get wood? ..... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No, not really.

If we sell Pukki this window we might as well give the rest of the squad Saturday afternoons off. Pukki actually deserves a move and I wouldn't blame him

Pukki to Newcastle would probably make more sense than £25m for a 30 year old Chris Wood who they'll probably replace at the end of the season if they stay up anyway. Very odd target

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No, not really.

Imagine the stick Delia etc would get if we sold Pukki this window.

But this will be glossed over because Burnley have relatively new owners with lots of money and we all know this can only be a good thing.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

But this will be glossed over because Burnley have relatively new owners with lots of money and we all know this can only be a good thing.

I think them having 'lots of money' is very questionable. There seems to be more than a suspicion that they've 'done a Glazers' and bought Burnley with Burnley's own money. 

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Whereas for the second season running in the PL, we are embarassing, yet you still think it’s nothing to do with the owners, the model or the fact our players aren’t PL standard?

If he goes anywhere I could see it being Brentford to work with Thomas Frank again. Hope he stays but I do think he's done more than enough to deserve a job in the PL.

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Whereas for the second season running in the PL, we are embarassing, yet you still think it’s nothing to do with the owners, the model or the fact our players aren’t PL standard?

OK, but thats not what we are talking about right now. Thanks for trying to get involved though, valiant attempt.

It looks like newcastle are just gonna buy their rivals top players and hope that will keep them

up!  

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

OK, but thats not what we are talking about right now. Thanks for trying to get involved though, valiant attempt.

But you mentioned Burnley’s rich owners, what’s that got to do with Pukki going to Newcastle? As you said that’s not what’s being discussed, but it’s ok for you to mention ownership but not me? 

Hypocrite.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But you mentioned Burnley’s rich owners, what’s that got to do with Pukki going to Newcastle? As you said that’s not what’s being discussed, but it’s ok for you to mention ownership but not me? 

Hypocrite.

The thread is actually about Burnley's owners if you bothered to read past the tongue-in-cheek title and actually pay attention to the content posted. Which is why I mentioned them.

Try again!

30 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Hypocrite.

I started this thread - it is absolutely about Burnley's owners. The fact that you can't seem to understand this tells us an awful lot about you. 

7 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I started this thread - it is absolutely about Burnley's owners. The fact that you can't seem to understand this tells us an awful lot about you. 

Maybe when you started this thread you could have researched the fact that Woods release clause was triggered in a contract signed before the owners took over the club so how is it going to be the fault of the owners that he’s being sold?

so before you chuck insults at me check your facts matey! 

17 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Maybe when you started this thread you could have researched the fact that Woods release clause was triggered in a contract signed before the owners took over the club so how is it going to be the fault of the owners that he’s being sold?

so before you chuck insults at me check your facts matey! 

That's a fair point. 

It doesn't change the fact that you said to Hoggy that this thread is about "Pukki going to Newcastle" does it?

So now the transfer window is over I thought I'd give this a bump. Burnley sold Chris Wood for £25 million and have replaced him with Wout Weghorst who they signed for £12 million. Now it could be a great bit of business or it could be an awful piece of business. Weghorst may score a bag load of goals that keep them up or he could be a massive flop who totally fails to adapt to the pace and intensity of the Premier League.

However, during this transfer window Burnley (under their new owners) received transfer fees of £25 million and spent only £12 million. If our Board had done the same thing a number of 'the usual suspects' on here would be spontaneously combusting. Morning Dean Coney's Boots. 😉