Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Farke Turns Up In Russia.

We really don't have to worry about him poaching us. 

They spent 18 million on one player. 

Money to spend, big ground, top tier. 

Something we simply cannot achieve with Delia in control. 

Edited by fredherring

1 minute ago, fredherring said:

We really don't have to worry about him poaching us. 

They spent 18 million on one player. 

Money to spend, big ground, top tier. 

Something we simply cannot achieve with Delia in control. 

Chance to build a team without having to sell the assets just to stand still must be an exciting prospect.

• Like 1

Any chance he’ll take Sargent for about £20m? Or a Rupp, Sargent, Hudgill package for £30m??? 😀

• Like 1

Similar club to ourselves but with more ambition. Gorgeous stadium and they were averaging 25,000+ pre Covid. Can’t wait to see what Daniel can achieve without having at least one arm tied behind his back and with more affluent owners. 

He's going to be in his element wearing his parka in Russia! (He probably rejected the Turkish job due to parka considerations)  Best of luck to him anyway. A pre-season friendly against Krasnodar in a training camp in Austria or Carra could be an interesting fixture.      

On 12/01/2022 at 07:22, TheBaldOne66 said:

But I thought one of the top German clubs were going to appoint him, and we would see his true worth?

Thats what all the crybabies who didn’t like him getting sacked here said anyway!

Maybe he’s not as good as people think?

Yeah our results without Farke truly shows that he was the problem all along. Just two championship titles, what a bum!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shruk4 said:

Yeah our results without Farke truly shows that he was the problem all along. Just two championship titles, what a bum!

Oh yes, the bit he was good at, what about the woeful EPL record? You and so many others seem to forget that! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Oh yes, the bit he was good at, what about the woeful EPL record? You and so many others seem to forget that! 

I suggest finding some other venue for your generally negative disposition. Maybe go out for a run? Go out in the park and practice some keepy-uppys. Would be more prodcutive and satisfying for you.

4 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Those so many others also bang on about 3 promtions since 2015 but airbrush from history the 2 and soon to be 3 subsequent relegations.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Those so many others also bang on about 3 promtions since 2015 but airbrush from history the 2 and soon to be 3 subsequent relegations.

As always TIL... straight and to the point.

7 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

As always TIL... straight and to the point.

But very true nonetheless.

Same as people forget 2009 conveniently when talking about relegations under the current ownership, and the fact we were in the third tier for the first time in 50 years!

And you get the response that you are a binner, go and do something else blah blah blah because they only want to talk about the good stuff, which is all very well, but to get real perspective on a situation you have to look at the whole thing.

I don’t deny Farke was very good in the Championship, but, the level above where we found ourselves twice under him his record was abysmal. It’s not just about players either, it’s about the whole way he managed which for me personally, I didn’t think was fantastic.

But that’s just my opinion, and I respect others have a different opinion, but I won’t say they are wrong just to suit my way of thinking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But very true nonetheless.

Same as people forget 2009 conveniently when talking about relegations under the current ownership, and the fact we were in the third tier for the first time in 50 years!

And you get the response that you are a binner, go and do something else blah blah blah because they only want to talk about the good stuff, which is all very well, but to get real perspective on a situation you have to look at the whole thing.

I don’t deny Farke was very good in the Championship, but, the level above where we found ourselves twice under him his record was abysmal. It’s not just about players either, it’s about the whole way he managed which for me personally, I didn’t think was fantastic.

But that’s just my opinion, and I respect others have a different opinion, but I won’t say they are wrong just to suit my way of thinking.

Very refreshing to read such an excellent and honest comment and good to see TIL's commonsense input  receiving a bit of respect.

1 hour ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Very refreshing to read such an excellent and honest comment and good to see TIL's commonsense input  receiving a bit of respect.

Binner 😁

15 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

But Farke arrived in 2017 surely? And he's only had one relegation. I don't really think you can put any relegation this year on his c.v.

Edited by ron obvious

5 hours ago, ron obvious said:

But Farke arrived in 2017 surely? And he's only had one relegation. I don't really think you can put any relegation this year on his c.v.

I was on about the fans on here who have decided to ignore the two relegations since 2015 and likely to soon be three who continually bang on about the good times of recent years ron.

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was on about the fans on here who have decided to ignore the two relegations since 2015 and likely to soon be three who continually bang on about the good times of recent years ron.

But that's not what the post you were replied was talking about (& surely this is a thread about Farke's record?)

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

But that's not what the post you were replied was talking about (& surely this is a thread about Farke's record?)

You have misunderstood what i was saying. My point was about people harping on about the success of recent years which includes the Farke reign and before including the Play Off Final but then conveniently forget the relegation years. Maybe i could have worded it slightly better.

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You have misunderstood what i was saying. My point was about people harping on about the success of recent years which includes the Farke reign and before including the Play Off Final but then conveniently forget the relegation years. Maybe i could have worded it slightly better.

It's OK Tillo, we knew  what you meant.