Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Season Tickets 2022/3

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I used to get an N&P discount of 5% which was always welcome, but that has stopped in recent years so I pay the same going rate as everyone else. 

I always renew by the first renewal date too - but i understand that has some 'flexibilty' to it too. 

The point was more about paying for what you want as the right price. your initial post implied that no matter what people charged you, if you wanted (needed in some respects) the product you would pay the asking price (subject to the fair and valid points you made).  

I am genuinely amazed that from my post about my love of football you thought that implied I just pay the asking price for everything, your mind works in a very interesting way. I am struggling with the concept of getting Norwich to price match the prices of another club because whoever I pick they will quite rightly point out that I would incur a cost for the travel to/from Norfolk for [insert name of club here] and on a personal note why the hell would I want to go to watch [insert name of club here], if I liked them that much I would have supported them in the first place!!. Do you really bracket Norwich City with BT/Sky/Amazon etc?, each to their own if you do, but I don't..........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am genuinely amazed that from my post about my love of football you thought that implied I just pay the asking price for everything, your mind works in a very interesting way. I am struggling with the concept of getting Norwich to price match the prices of another club because whoever I pick they will quite rightly point out that I would incur a cost for the travel to/from Norfolk for [insert name of club here] and on a personal note why the hell would I want to go to watch [insert name of club here], if I liked them that much I would have supported them in the first place!!..........

Im genuinely amazed that you missed the many pages of this thread that has discussed the interaction, or lack thereof for fans (via the supporter group) to have an opportunity to discuss or maybe influence renewal prices, before they are set in stone.  

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Im genuinely amazed that you missed the many pages of this thread that has discussed the interaction, or lack thereof for fans (via the supporter group) to have an opportunity to discuss or maybe influence renewal prices, before they are set in stone.  

Another assumption, I read them, understood them, you feel very strongly about it, I do not have any particularly strong feelings about it. I don't make any assumptions about you based on your views and I respect your right to hold those views..........

10 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Do you really bracket Norwich City with BT/Sky/Amazon etc?, each to their own if you do, but I don't..........

Yes when it comes to pricing structures. 

its about balance and weighing it up - with value, and how much you want something. Can you get it for less. 

If I can get the same level of car cover, for less, with a similar provider (so the service is similar I will shop about and maybe move (but cheapest isnt always best, especially in the event of a claim for car insurance. 

utilities are simpler as its just delivered down a pipe, and effing pricy whoever you are with these days. 

Sky / BT / Amazon - evaluate the service, does it provide value for money - will you get usage out of it etc? less impact if you cease. 

I agree S/T are slightly different in a one at a particular club provides as different experience, and you cannot switch as you would car insurance, I totally agree. 

However I repeat, my point was its always nice to at least feel you have had some influence in the price you pay and the original point still remains, that in my opinion, we have been denied that by NCFC in this instance. 

Im pleased you enjoy your football and are happy to renew, whatever the cost. whilst it isnt prohibitive, and hope that continues for you

I appreciate im still making the same point, in response to your post, and the OSP have not have a chance to respond as yet, so im going to leave it there, for now, pending their comments, to be fair to them .

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

your mind works in a very interesting way

5 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

. I don't make any assumptions about you based on your views and I respect your right to hold those views..........

But you have - see above. 

Goodnight. 

It is an interesting discussion because of the nature of supporting a football club. I suppose the concept of getting what you pay for remains, but, insurance or provision of utilities doesn’t have any emotional attachment involved. I don’t think who you pay to pipe gas or TV into your house is comparable, firstly it is a necessity and football isn’t (I mean, people lived without TV but..). Supporting a football team is different, isn’t it? Since the age of dot, I first started attending at 4, Norwich City have been my team. I can’t just swap that out because another club offers a cheaper ticket. There might come a time where I’m effectively priced out, but I still can’t change that emotional allegiance that has built up over the numerous preceding decades. If I can get my leccy bill down by x amount, I’m all for it, but I can’t just start supporting any other club because it will save me a couple of quid, that’s just not how football support works in my eyes.

Im sure we all wish it was a case of turning up at the gate and paying £3 to get on the Barclay but we’re also acutely aware of how very different football is now. I don’t particularly like it, but there we are. We, collectively, wish we as a club had more money to spend, yet we all, collectively, moan about more of our money actually making that happen. And no, I don’t think an increase in ST prices will be the difference but if we, collectively, want more cash in the tin, every little helps. Sorry Tesco or whoever..😉

Maybe one day “that person” will come along; they’ll provide a sustainable and continued input of cash that will see us remain a viable business and able to remain a Premier League club. But I’m not expecting it, other threads have explored that possibility better.

I’m not exactly overjoyed at the prospect of paying more but it’s MY team. Our team. I’m not sure I’m ready to let it go over a few quid a month. If the few quid is a fistful of quid, then I guess we all have a decision to make. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

It might seem a bit “Points of View” but I guess if any of us want to make our thoughts and views known on any particular topic, we always have the option of sending a letter or email. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s surely impossible to see the views of thousands and thousands of fans individually represented, the whole concept would get bogged down in minutiae. Fans are represented in so much as these guys giving up their time are all fans. I’m not envious of them, especially in these formative stages.

I’m not sure there will ever be a perfect balance, probably a case of keeping most of the people reasonably content most of the time. They’re never going to hit that sweet spot where we’re all happy.

With it being a rolling thing, I guess if any of us want to see the way it works change, we have the option to volunteer or put ourselves forward in future? 

Who do you even write to now though. To be fair to Ben Kensell I used to email him occasionally with gripes and he would always reply and usually used to phone me back and discuss the matter which then generally got resolved. I'm not aware of the email addresses of anyone senior at the club now. I know it will be said you can email supporter liason or whatever its now called but it kind of smacks of a degree of shielding the executive officers.

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Who do you even write to now though. To be fair to Ben Kensell I used to email him occasionally with gripes and he would always reply and usually used to phone me back and discuss the matter which then generally got resolved. I'm not aware of the email addresses of anyone senior at the club now. I know it will be said you can email supporter liason or whatever its now called but it kind of smacks of a degree of shielding the executive officers.

There's a section for contacting the club in the Commercial section of the official web site.

9 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am rather bemused by all of this. Our season ticket prices have been frozen for nine years but apparently the "freeze" from Championship to Premier League football does not count but the freeze from Premier League to Championship is not really a "freeze" as you are paying Premier League prices for Championship football, even though you get to see more games in the Championship!!. As a season ticket holder I felt well treated by the Club through the pandemic, particularly being able to roll my season ticket over and getting to watch a lot of him games for free online. I would not be in the least bit surprised if season ticket prices are increased, if for no other reason other than the huge hike in energy costs, I am guessing that unlike domestic energy users Norwich City do not have the benefit of a price cap. I am not sure why you would need the club to "persuade" you to renew or not, I would guess most people will decide to renew or not renew as a matter of personal choice/personal circumstances and that decision will be made regardless of what the club says. On a personal level there are only three reasons I would not renew 1) If the cost became very prohibitive 2) If my health dictated that I was unable to get to Carrow Rd and 3) If I have shuffled off this mortal coil. I love going to the football, it is my time and it is also a great social event, I sit with fellow fans that I have become friends with over the years and have a lot of time and respect for, I have gone through the highs and lows of supporting Norwich City with them and I am glad I have and I do not regret one single second of it.....................

I agree with you in terms of most of this but it precisely because they have this sort of captive audience and also because of the tv income streams that the club enjoys that I think they need to be careful here and even though I will almost certainly renew regardless (because thats what we do and as frustrating as it is I don;t have it in me to walk away) I still think we are entitled to moan about it if there are material increases in the prices.

If we are in the premier league then the monies raised by such increases are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If in the champisonhip then the average price per game is edging up towards £25 and with parachute payments again I don't think a price increase is really justified,. especially as we know we will almost certainly sell Todd and Max this summer. 

But above all my "gripe" should prices go up is that its the fans once again footing the bill. There are certain people on the executive team earning very big money at the football club at the moment and arguably failing every other year. There are owners who we know don't put any money into the club any more, appear to have a heck of a time most weekends (at what costs and to whom?) off the back of their ownership of the club and who have seen the value of their asset increase hugely, often off the back of support from the fans who have dug deep whenever they have been asked to. The fans didn;t take their rebate. They bought shares. They renew ridiculously early year on year to aid cashflow. They helped fund the training ground improvements until tv monies enabled them to be paid back. They left their ST monies in the club over the pandemic rather than ask for refunds. Those same fans are facing huge cost of living increases this year. Many are struggling. And yet they will find the extra £50 (or whetever it ends up being) to keep going to football and the club know it. For me they should not be being made to do so whilst we are in receipt of prem tv monies or parachute payments.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

My mate (I say mate, I don't actually like him) has a West Ham season ticket. He paid around £300 for it.

Thats because we paid for their ground! 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Thats because we paid for their ground! 

Fair point. Disgraceful situation that but that's modern football for you.

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree with you in terms of most of this but it precisely because they have this sort of captive audience and also because of the tv income streams that the club enjoys that I think they need to be careful here and even though I will almost certainly renew regardless (because thats what we do and as frustrating as it is I don;t have it in me to walk away) I still think we are entitled to moan about it if there are material increases in the prices.

If we are in the premier league then the monies raised by such increases are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If in the champisonhip then the average price per game is edging up towards £25 and with parachute payments again I don't think a price increase is really justified,. especially as we know we will almost certainly sell Todd and Max this summer. 

But above all my "gripe" should prices go up is that its the fans once again footing the bill. There are certain people on the executive team earning very big money at the football club at the moment and arguably failing every other year. There are owners who we know don't put any money into the club any more, appear to have a heck of a time most weekends (at what costs and to whom?) off the back of their ownership of the club and who have seen the value of their asset increase hugely, often off the back of support from the fans who have dug deep whenever they have been asked to. The fans didn;t take their rebate. They bought shares. They renew ridiculously early year on year to aid cashflow. They helped fund the training ground improvements until tv monies enabled them to be paid back. They left their ST monies in the club over the pandemic rather than ask for refunds. Those same fans are facing huge cost of living increases this year. Many are struggling. And yet they will find the extra £50 (or whetever it ends up being) to keep going to football and the club know it. For me they should not be being made to do so whilst we are in receipt of prem tv monies or parachute payments.  

You make a very good point and I agree with what you say regarding price increases being applied whilst the club is in receipt of Premier League money or parachute payments. This discussion has been predicated on an assumption that the club is going to increase season ticket prices. If the club does increase prices then I think they should be transparent about why. I do think the huge  rise in wholesale energy prices will be a factor, whether the club should absorb those or pass them on is part of the debate. Having pondered what Greavsy has said earlier in this thread, I think he is right, the fans group should have given the fans a voice on this. Assuming we are going to be hit with a price increase maybe the fans group could ask the club to include some sort of quick questionnaire to go out with the season ticket renewals communication to gauge how fans feel about it, maybe it is too late for that. As you say we are a captive audience and the club knows that. Interesting times ahead when it comes to season ticket renewals............

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Sorry Wolfie it's a fact from my observations, I am a season ticket holder of 10+ years (on my second run). 

I asked here if the OSP was seeking fans views and was told you didn't set the agenda, and couldn't comment on the context of meetings, although later on another thread you did go into detail into the crouch report, and your /osp panels reading / application of that moving forward. 

No one has asked my view, or said where I can supply it, by way of sending my comments / completing questionaire / attending a meeting etc. (which the club have done before and I have attended). 

This is a public forum, provided by the local press, not anything provided by the club and I will not be silenced by you or the club, like you obviously have been. Stay in your lane please. 

So please explain to me how the OSP have represented mine and anyone else's point of view?? You simply haven't. 

Apologies again if that strikes a nerve, but again I'm sure your views would be different if you were on the outside looking in and not itk. 

Thats all factual. 

You said that it was a shame the club had not consulted any fans or fan groups over season ticket pricing. That is not a fact, it is pure speculation.

I have never told you that we do not set the agenda; I have always said that meeting agendas are set collaboratively by the club and the panel. That is the truth, and always has been.

I have also said before that I can appreciate how the silence looks from the outside. I know it's not ideal, but as a panel we are all working hard behind the scenes to improve communication between the club and the fans. I'm sorry I haven't been able to share more information, and sooner, but if I could ask you to wait for the publication of the meeting minutes, I'm sure you will have a lot of your questions answered.

And I'm not 'silencing' you – of course it's a public forum and you can write what you want, as often as you want. You're responsible for what you post, as we all are. However, if you post things that are patently untrue, I will continue to call them out.

Such as: I will not be silenced by you or the club, like you obviously have been.

I have not been 'silenced' by the club; I am using my own personal judgement as to what I think I should share on a public forum, and what I feel should be kept within the confines of the relationship between the club and the panel.

As ever, if you're unhappy with anything I post on here, or any aspect of the OSP or its relationship with the club, you are more than welcome to contact the club via the usual channels.

Enjoy your Friday, and fingers crossed for a good performance tonight. OTBC!

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Having pondered what Greavsy has said earlier in this thread, I think he is right, the fans group should have given the fans a voice on this.

Fair play - appreciate the post. 

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You said that it was a shame the club had not consulted any fans or fan groups over season ticket pricing. That is not a fact, it is pure speculation.

I have never told you that we do not set the agenda; I have always said that meeting agendas are set collaboratively by the club and the panel. That is the truth, and always has been.

I have also said before that I can appreciate how the silence looks from the outside. I know it's not ideal, but as a panel we are all working hard behind the scenes to improve communication between the club and the fans. I'm sorry I haven't been able to share more information, and sooner, but if I could ask you to wait for the publication of the meeting minutes, I'm sure you will have a lot of your questions answered.

And I'm not 'silencing' you – of course it's a public forum and you can write what you want, as often as you want. You're responsible for what you post, as we all are. However, if you post things that are patently untrue, I will continue to call them out.

Such as: I will not be silenced by you or the club, like you obviously have been.

I have not been 'silenced' by the club; I am using my own personal judgement as to what I think I should share on a public forum, and what I feel should be kept within the confines of the relationship between the club and the panel.

As ever, if you're unhappy with anything I post on here, or any aspect of the OSP or its relationship with the club, you are more than welcome to contact the club via the usual channels.

Enjoy your Friday, and fingers crossed for a good performance tonight. OTBC!

Lets agree to disagree as personally I think the facts (that are know to me) suggest otherwise, you obviously know more, but thats kindof the point I was raising. However dont want a **** for tat conversation. 

BTW is this you? https://twitter.com/matcolo just the following suggests you're not on twitter. 

12 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ah, not active on Twitter, so thanks for explaining the situation. 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

BTW is this you? https://twitter.com/matcolo just the following suggests you're not on twitter.

Are you aware you've just linked to a Twitter account that has made just three tweets in the past 12 months? I think that more than satisfies the description "not active on Twitter".

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Are you aware you've just linked to a Twitter account that has made just three tweets in the past 12 months? I think that more than satisfies the description "not active on Twitter".

I am indeed - I rarely send tweets personally, but I still get to see what others are saying on a daily basis. Hence my earlier reference to the one sent about the potential increase in prices that I was notified about. 

Being 'active' does not mean solely sending tweets. Twitter works in so many other ways. 

I would also add that Matt has provided his twitter on here previously, I would never post anyone's personal details, unless they had previously shared them in this forum.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I am indeed - I rarely send tweets personally, but I still get to see what others are saying on a daily basis. Hence my earlier reference to the one sent about the potential increase in prices that I was notified about. 

Being 'active' does not mean solely sending tweets. Twitter works in so many other ways. 

I would also add that Matt has provided his twitter on here previously, I would never post anyone's personal details, unless they had previously shared them in this forum.

And? He said he's not active on Twitter so thanked someone for bringing a tweet to his attention. You post his account, one that looks inactive, as some sort of gotcha against this previous comment.

It really isn't.

41 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

My mate (I say mate, I don't actually like him) has a West Ham season ticket. He paid around £300 for it.

Or under 18 tickets at Watford tonight for £5. 

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Or under 18 tickets at Watford tonight for £5. 

I do think we massively overcharge on tickets, and in particular take the mick massively when the big clubs come (see cost of a casual ticket for Man City).

However, it's not really a fair comparison to look at what other clubs charge when we come to town because, let's be brutally honest, we're pretty much the toughest sell in the Premier League. Whenever we go away, it's likely to be the hosts cheapest ticket of the season.

You dont have to be ACTIVE on twitter to receive the alerts / notifications. 

Wasn't any sort of gotcha, as you put it.  

I guess this tweet from yesterday where the same account is quoted is irrelevant too? 

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I do think we massively overcharge on tickets, and in particular take the mick massively when the big clubs come (see cost of a casual ticket for Man City).

However, it's not really a fair comparison to look at what other clubs charge when we come to town because, let's be brutally honest, we're pretty much the toughest sell in the Premier League. Whenever we go away, it's likely to be the hosts cheapest ticket of the season.

I think bar concessions most away tickets are £30.00 the max they can charge. 

Most host know we have a great away following. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

100 per cent right Jim. It just seems the likes of the Webbers leave their junior staff members to face the music at the OSP, or perhaps not, whilst living off high prices charged to supporters with no challenge from Board Members. 

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I guess this tweet from yesterday where the same account is quoted is irrelevant too? 

He's said he isn't active on Twitter. I see no reason to think he's lying. You seem to think otherwise and are on some strange mission to prove it. Good luck, but you're wasting your time.

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Nothing to see here, folks. No need to get bogged down in a semantic argument! I was simply making the point that I don't actively/routinely check Twitter and/or engage with people on it, so that was the reason I wasn't aware of SexyBennett's tweet. Hadn't realised that ACN had tagged me about being on the podcast, either, but I'm sure they'll be grateful of the publicity 🙂

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Nothing to see here, folks. No need to get bogged down in a semantic argument! I was simply making the point that I don't actively/routinely check Twitter and/or engage with people on it, so that was the reason I wasn't aware of SexyBennett's tweet. Hadn't realised that ACN had tagged me about being on the podcast, either, but I'm sure they'll be grateful of the publicity 🙂

Addendum: it's been so long since I was on there, I was still plugging the charity cycling, which ended some time ago! Thanks for the reminder, I've updated my profile accordingly 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He's said he isn't active on Twitter. I see no reason to think he's lying. You seem to think otherwise and are on some strange mission to prove it. Good luck, but you're wasting your time.

Im not trying to prove anything, please quote where I have said he is lying or claimed he is not on twitter. 

The point I was making is being ACTIVE on twitter doesnt mean you have to be a regular poster. Im sure you can understand that point? 

As Wolfie has himself said - 

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Nothing to see here, folks. No need to get bogged down in a semantic argument!

Lets move on. 

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

but I'm sure they'll be grateful of the publicity 🙂

Do you need an agent? reasonable rates! 😉 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Do you need an agent? reasonable rates! 😉 

Maybe not an agent, but if you know a social media specialist... 😉

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I've updated my profile accordingly

Does that count as being active though Wolfie? 😉