Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Season Tickets 2022/3

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

No nerve struck, I'm just equanimously calling out your defamatory statement. 

quite happy to  agree to disagree. 

Although I think your view would be different if you hadn't had discussions with the club, and were less ITK.   

Just now, Greavsy said:

quite happy to  agree to disagree. 

Although I think your view would be different if you hadn't had discussions with the club, and were less ITK.   

It's a difficult balance to strike, but I'm comfortable with my stance. Never going to please all the people all the time, and I can understand your frustrations.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a difficult balance to strike, but I'm comfortable with my stance. Never going to please all the people all the time, and I can understand your frustrations.

Totally accept that, and appreciate and respect the position you are in. I am also grateful and aware of the time you (and the others give is voluntarily given). 

However I also realise that the club are totally the driving force in this, and if anyone was to step out of line (ie post something online from the meeting) the club would quite rightly act swiftly and remove them. But that isn't my point.  

My point was, and remains, how can the OSP represent the fans view (even if its in contrast to their own, as that's how it has to be to be objective, fair and balanced) if they (the OSP) are not seeking the said fans view prior to a meeting where they are allegedly represented ? 

Would it be possible for the agenda (for the public facing items) to be published in advance, and comments sought? that way at least the comments are channelled, and not the free for all we appeared to get last time (and I was probably guilty there too)? I would also caveat that suggestion with the acknowledgment of certain agenda items are not for public eye, and of course can be removed.  

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Totally accept that, and appreciate and respect the position you are in. I am also grateful and aware of the time you (and the others give is voluntarily given). 

However I also realise that the club are totally the driving force in this, and if anyone was to step out of line (ie post something online from the meeting) the club would quite rightly act swiftly and remove them. But that isn't my point.  

My point was, and remains, how can the OSP represent the fans view (even if its in contrast to their own, as that's how it has to be to be objective, fair and balanced) if they (the OSP) are not seeking the said fans view prior to a meeting where they are allegedly represented ? 

Would it be possible for the agenda (for the public facing items) to be published in advance, and comments sought? that way at least the comments are channelled, and not the free for all we appeared to get last time (and I was probably guilty there too)? I would also caveat that suggestion with the acknowledgment of certain agenda items are not for public eye, and of course can be removed.  

This is all fair, and well put. As we all know, there has been a lot of flux at the club in the six months that the OSP has 'been a thing', and there are still questions to be answered about how the panel can/should operate at its best. I can assure you that these discussions have been front and central between the club and the panel, and are ongoing.

I believe these discussions have been (and continue to be) fruitful and productive, and the club are very open-minded as to our input and suggestions. We've still got eighteen months of our tenure to run, and we're very much the 'guinea pigs'. @Lessingham Canary and I have discussed this in great detail with every member of the panel, and we are absolutely determined to iron out as many creases in the process as possible, and make the OSP a vital and functional part of the club's structure going forward.

I hope to be able to share more in the way of specifics soon.

On 11/01/2022 at 11:55, CANARYKING said:

Wonder what bullsiht they will come out with to try and persuade us to renew ?

If you don't want to renew, don't renew. You are clearly done with supporting the club positively so just don't renew. There is a healthy waiting list, you won't be missed.

On 11/01/2022 at 14:16, Greavsy said:

Is there not a waiting list still? 

I moved back to Norfolk during the period of 'behind closed doors', and when I asked to join the season ticket waiting list during the summer I was told that it was full with over 1,500 names on it, and to ask to join the waiting list again this summer.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2022 at 14:18, nutty nigel said:

I'm renewing but quite understand those who don't. After all why would you renew something you that you don't enjoy doing.

But, beware the 2018 factor...

There is a waiting list, once they let it go, they'll not get it back and it will be regretted. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I moved back to Norfolk during the period of 'behind closed doors', and when I asked to join the season ticket waiting list during the summer I was told that it was full with over 1,500 names on it, and to ask to join the waiting list again this summer.

This is accurate. However, I would imagine the main issue with the waiting list is that a lot of people who are on it, are after two or more tickets together; and naturally, a lot of the season tickets that become available are individual ones (due to death, ill health, moving away etc.). If you join the list as a single person I reckon you're likely to get an opportunity sooner than you might think!

Either way, the demand is still very much there.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is all fair, and well put. As we all know, there has been a lot of flux at the club in the six months that the OSP has 'been a thing', and there are still questions to be answered about how the panel can/should operate at its best. I can assure you that these discussions have been front and central between the club and the panel, and are ongoing.

I believe these discussions have been (and continue to be) fruitful and productive, and the club are very open-minded as to our input and suggestions. We've still got eighteen months of our tenure to run, and we're very much the 'guinea pigs'. @Lessingham Canary and I have discussed this in great detail with every member of the panel, and we are absolutely determined to iron out as many creases in the process as possible, and make the OSP a vital and functional part of the club's structure going forward.

I hope to be able to share more in the way of specifics soon.

Thanks Wolfie - appreciate the comments, and I reiterate its nothing personal at all. 

To sum up my thoughts, I would suggest that OSP representatives just keep in mind that they're the fans representatives, our, the fans, conduit into the club, that we all support via our various ways, but have a common goal, and if we work together with each other we can be positive and make things better for all. 

Im just aware and conscious that in these types of engagements the 'parent' (the club in this case) body can shape things their way, and the supporting bodies are led to believe they have had an input, but the fact is decisions have already been made, and its been manipulated to tick a 'fan engagement' box. Its up to the OSP in this case to ensure that isnt the case. 

Power to the people! 😉 

thanks again Wolfie - and I hope the ailments / situations you mentioned (on a personal level in the contracts thread) clear up soon too. 

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Thanks Wolfie - appreciate the comments, and I reiterate its nothing personal at all. 

To sum up my thoughts, I would suggest that OSP representatives just keep in mind that they're the fans representatives, our, the fans, conduit into the club, that we all support via our various ways, but have a common goal, and if we work together with each other we can be positive and make things better for all. 

Im just aware and conscious that in these types of engagements the 'parent' (the club in this case) body can shape things their way, and the supporting bodies are led to believe they have had an input, but the fact is decisions have already been made, and its been manipulated to tick a 'fan engagement' box. Its up to the OSP in this case to ensure that isnt the case. 

Power to the people! 😉 

thanks again Wolfie - and I hope the ailments / situations you mentioned (on a personal level in the contracts thread) clear up soon too. 

All good... I can assure you we all want to pull in the same direction here. And thanks for the kind words... it's been a difficult few months, that's for sure, but I know I'm not alone in that in these challenging times.

I'm currently reading through the Crouch Report, by the way... it should be essential reading for any fan who really wants to get involved with supporting/protecting their football club. Interesting times... https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1037648/Football_Fan_led_Governance_Review_v8Web_Accessible.pdf

Edited by Feedthewolf

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is accurate. However, I would imagine the main issue with the waiting list is that a lot of people who are on it, are after two or more tickets together; and naturally, a lot of the season tickets that become available are individual ones (due to death, ill health, moving away etc.). If you join the list as a single person I reckon you're likely to get an opportunity sooner than you might think!

Some appear to think otherwise! 

Just now, Greavsy said:

It all depends on how many people renew, I guess... but from chatting to the ticket office I know that single ones become available a lot more frequently than pairs. I highly doubt enough pairs would become available to 'empty' the waiting list... but that's just idle speculation on my part, admittedly. 

29 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It all depends on how many people renew, I guess... but from chatting to the ticket office I know that single ones become available a lot more frequently than pairs. I highly doubt enough pairs would become available to 'empty' the waiting list... but that's just idle speculation on my part, admittedly. 

previous experience leads me to agree that singles are easier to come by. That said it totally depends on the renewals take up etc. 

I also want sure if we still had a waiting list. It appears we do. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

previous experience leads me to agree that singles are easier to come by. That said it totally depends on the renewals take up etc. 

I also want sure if we still had a waiting list. It appears we do. 

Yep, we still have circa 1,500 on the waiting list, I was talking to Danny about it recently.

I am always a bit torn over this. I would love to be able to make some sort of a statement by not renewing and pointedly walking away but the reality is (i) those who it was aimed at probably wouldn't notice unless thousands do it (ii) I would lose my seat (most of us renew regardless because we like our seats and don't want to lose them) which I like a lot and (iii) someone on the waiting list would no doubt step in and snap it up which again would defeat the purpose. Plus of course I enjoy going. 

They should not take high season ticket sales as an endorsement. Its just what we do as we are loyal fans, coupled with a bit of supply and demand. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

I am always a bit torn over this. I would love to be able to make some sort of a statement by not renewing and pointedly walking away but the reality is (i) those who it was aimed at probably wouldn't notice unless thousands do it (ii) I would lose my seat (most of us renew regardless because we like our seats and don't want to lose them) which I like a lot and (iii) someone on the waiting list would no doubt step in and snap it up which again would defeat the purpose. Plus of course I enjoy going. 

They should not take high season ticket sales as an endorsement. Its just what we do as we are loyal fans, coupled with a bit of supply and demand. 

Exactly this. 

Seems strange that with 1500 on the waiting list why we have some empty seats at matches. I accept not all are offered to buy back, but the ground should in my opinion be nearly sold out every match, if we have 1500 awaiting tickets.  

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Exactly this. 

Seems strange that with 1500 on the waiting list why we have some empty seats at matches. I accept not all are offered to buy back, but the ground should in my opinion be nearly sold out every match, if we have 1500 awaiting tickets.  

Probably because there are quite a lot of people who have season tickets but who are not attending at present due to covid concerns etc. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Probably because there are quite a lot of people who have season tickets but who are not attending at present due to covid concerns etc. 

agreed - but they can use the buy back system which I believe has been improved. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Someone asked if anyone thought there might be some pairs of seats available next season, I replied, what’s the big deal ?

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Someone asked if anyone thought there might be some pairs of seats available next season, I replied, what’s the big deal ?

No big deal here - only you making it one! 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

So you didn’t post this then, ok

You know I did - but how is it a big deal?

Some one asked a question, you replied with the info you believed. 

Someone else subsequently has posted with possibly more informed / accurate info, so I was just tying the two together. 

No big deal, other than you making it one, and yet again playing the poster. You wouldn't have replied if it was someone else.

Mr Hypocrite. Grow up - Ive got them all in there - so you dont have to. 

Its been pleasant on here today, without your presence Mr Bunn!   

34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As someone on the supporters' panel (or whatever it's called; I can't remember the official term), do you know why the waiting list is capped? Personally, I can't see why they can't just add to it ad infinitum and just call the people who have been waiting the longest when one comes available. 

Considering that I've never seen the club announce when the waiting list opens, hypothetically someone could be waiting years to get on it but if they don't call at the right time, somebody else who asked on the off chance at another time could get on ahead of them. 

Maybe there should be a waiting list for the waiting list to solve this issue...?

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As someone on the supporters' panel (or whatever it's called; I can't remember the official term), do you know why the waiting list is capped? Personally, I can't see why they can't just add to it ad infinitum and just call the people who have been waiting the longest when one comes available. 

Considering that I've never seen the club announce when the waiting list opens, hypothetically someone could be waiting years to get on it but if they don't call at the right time, somebody else who asked on the off chance at another time could get on ahead of them. 

Maybe there should be a waiting list for the waiting list to solve this issue...?

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I know that demand for season tickets still outstrips supply pretty comfortably. I'm pretty sure the club is proactive in contacting people on the list when one becomes available, though, rather than it just being a 'free for all'. As I said earlier, I think the main issue is that there are a lot of people on the list who aren't interested in single tickets as they (quite reasonably!) want to sit with friend(s)/relative(s).

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I know that demand for season tickets still outstrips supply pretty comfortably. I'm pretty sure the club is proactive in contacting people on the list when one becomes available, though, rather than it just being a 'free for all'. As I said earlier, I think the main issue is that there are a lot of people on the list who aren't interested in single tickets as they (quite reasonably!) want to sit with friend(s)/relative(s).

I understand the methodology, but it still doesn't really explain why they can't just keep adding people to the bottom of the list and just contact those waiting on a 'first come, first served' basis. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Wow, you really are a self obsessed bell end 

Thanks! 

But its really not a big deal! well not to me anyways! 

And as before, if you dont like what I post, you know the answer. Personally I think you like the attention it gives, dont you, Mr Bunn! 

No need to reply - but I know you will!   

On 11/01/2022 at 11:55, CANARYKING said:

Wonder what bullsiht they will come out with to try and persuade us to renew ?

Perhaps avoid any club announcements about it if you think you might be gullible enough to fall for it 😉

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

A few years back we wanted 4 tickets, but had to settle for 2x2 in the same area. We have moved a couple of times, but are now all together (although only 3 of us left!). I think you have to accept what the club has then move on as suitable as others become available. Movers and shakers week was always fun, but again was a first come first served basis, so was a bit hit and miss. Dont envy the club that job! 

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I understand the methodology, but it still doesn't really explain why they can't just keep adding people to the bottom of the list and just contact those waiting on a 'first come, first served' basis. 

Not sure if they do currently - but they used to charge to be on the waiting list to avoid people just adding names for the sake of it.