Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Season Tickets 2022/3

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm sorry, I don't know what this means.

Follows on from the thread title and my post earlier this afternoon, only just seen your reply to that one. Thanks. 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sexy Bennett suggesting prices will increase.

Ah, not active on Twitter, so thanks for explaining the situation. Obviously even if I did know anything, I wouldn't be stupid enough to share it on here.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ah, not active on Twitter, so thanks for explaining the situation. Obviously even if I did know anything, I wouldn't be stupid enough to share it on here.

Respect that totally Matt from your personal perspective. 

However shame fans weren't consulted, though. Either directly or via one of the representative organizations who represent them. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Respect that totally Matt from your personal perspective. 

However shame fans weren't consulted, though. Either directly or via one of the representative organizations who represent them. 

Once again, this is an assumption on your part, not a fact. I'd be grateful if you'd stop posting unsubstantiated opinions as fact, I had to pull you up on this recently. It really isn't helpful.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sexy Bennett suggesting prices will increase.

I thought she deleted her account after her previous itk proclamations proving that she wasn't....

5 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I thought she deleted her account after her previous itk proclamations proving that she wasn't....

Yep lost all credibility. 

34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Once again, this is an assumption on your part, not a fact. I'd be grateful if you'd stop posting unsubstantiated opinions as fact, I had to pull you up on this recently. It really isn't helpful.

Sorry Wolfie it's a fact from my observations, I am a season ticket holder of 10+ years (on my second run). 

I asked here if the OSP was seeking fans views and was told you didn't set the agenda, and couldn't comment on the context of meetings, although later on another thread you did go into detail into the crouch report, and your /osp panels reading / application of that moving forward. 

No one has asked my view, or said where I can supply it, by way of sending my comments / completing questionaire / attending a meeting etc. (which the club have done before and I have attended). 

This is a public forum, provided by the local press, not anything provided by the club and I will not be silenced by you or the club, like you obviously have been. Stay in your lane please. 

So please explain to me how the OSP have represented mine and anyone else's point of view?? You simply haven't. 

Apologies again if that strikes a nerve, but again I'm sure your views would be different if you were on the outside looking in and not itk. 

Thats all factual. 

On 17/01/2022 at 14:55, Diane said:

There were 1400 on the waiting list a week ago, its open now as a friend on twitter joined it at the weekend, its £50 for adults to join which is refunded from your first season ticket cost.

Prices have been frozen for 9 season now so like others I wouldn't be surprised if there was an increase, we usually hear by the end of January so not long to wait.

Cheers for the heads up by the way; I was told in the summer to try at the end of the season and had no idea that the waiting list had reopened on the sly. I'm now on the list!

It might seem a bit “Points of View” but I guess if any of us want to make our thoughts and views known on any particular topic, we always have the option of sending a letter or email. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s surely impossible to see the views of thousands and thousands of fans individually represented, the whole concept would get bogged down in minutiae. Fans are represented in so much as these guys giving up their time are all fans. I’m not envious of them, especially in these formative stages.

I’m not sure there will ever be a perfect balance, probably a case of keeping most of the people reasonably content most of the time. They’re never going to hit that sweet spot where we’re all happy.

With it being a rolling thing, I guess if any of us want to see the way it works change, we have the option to volunteer or put ourselves forward in future? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

It might seem a bit “Points of View” but I guess if any of us want to make our thoughts and views known on any particular topic, we always have the option of sending a letter or email. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s surely impossible to see the views of thousands and thousands of fans individually represented, the whole concept would get bogged down in minutiae. Fans are represented in so much as these guys giving up their time are all fans. I’m not envious of them, especially in these formative stages.

I’m not sure there will ever be a perfect balance, probably a case of keeping most of the people reasonably content most of the time. They’re never going to hit that sweet spot where we’re all happy.

With it being a rolling thing, I guess if any of us want to see the way it works change, we have the option to volunteer or put ourselves forward in future? 

Wise words, that said I only read the first line. 

13 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Totally agree Dunc. 

However I asked if they (the OSP) were asking for fans views, like prior to the last meeting, and was told not. I suggested it was a closed shop which also got shut down.  I just asked how they were engaging with the fans they allegedly represent and was told the content of the meeting couldnt be discussed, despite the content of the meeting (on another subject) then being raised by the same person (I accept this was a more general subject though) on this forum. 

My comment tonight of the fans not being consulted has been shot down, as this is not the case, but there is to me no evidence to that contrary, either before, during or after the meeting process.

Did any one who is not on the OSP get any such communication to share their view? 

Its all on this forum, mainly this thread, but some initially on the contracts one that Wolfie keeps up to date before it move to here, being a more relevant thread. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Totally agree Dunc. 

However I asked if they (the OSP) were asking for fans views, like prior to the last meeting, and was told not. I suggested it was a closed shop which also got shut down.  I just asked how they were engaging with the fans they allegedly represent and was told the content of the meeting couldnt be discussed, despite the content of the meeting (on another subject) then being raised by the same person (I accept this was a more general subject though) on this forum. 

My comment tonight of the fans not being consulted has been shot down, as this is not the case, but there is to me no evidence to that contrary, either before, during or after the meeting process.

Did any one who is not on the OSP get any such communication to share their view? 

Its all on this forum, mainly this thread, but some initially on the contracts one that Wolfie keeps up to date before it move to here, being a more relevant thread. 

I understand that folk might feel frustrated but it is, as I mentioned, very difficult to be seen to represent “all” points of view. These representatives were put there by the fans (unless I’m misremembering) and as such were presumably selected because it was felt they’d give a balanced, if general, representation of us.

As things progress, perhaps there will be more direct consultation but, as with anything, it’s impossible to put everyone’s point of view forward. If you, I, or anyone else feel particularly strongly on a given topic and we feel that the OSP aren’t projecting or promoting that view, I guess our best option is to make direct contact. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I understand that folk might feel frustrated but it is, as I mentioned, very difficult to be seen to represent “all” points of view. These representatives were put there by the fans (unless I’m misremembering) and as such were presumably selected because it was felt they’d give a balanced, if general, representation of us.

As things progress, perhaps there will be more direct consultation but, as with anything, it’s impossible to put everyone’s point of view forward. If you, I, or anyone else feel particularly strongly on a given topic and we feel that the OSP aren’t projecting or promoting that view, I guess our best option is to make direct contact. 🤷🏻‍♂️

totally agree - not every fan will agree or every viewpoint be represented. however my comment below was been kicked out, implying there was consultation. Im just asking where the OSP done this, as im not aware of any process, despite personally  asking prior to the meeting. Also given how much canvassing for votes was done here, and how many questions / opinions sought prior to the previous meeting of the OSP there seems to be a wall of silence now.  

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

totally agree - not every fan will agree or every viewpoint be represented. however my comment below was been kicked out, implying there was consultation. Im just asking where the OSP done this, as im not aware of any process, despite personally  asking prior to the meeting. Also given how much canvassing for votes was done here, and how many questions / opinions sought prior to the previous meeting of the OSP there seems to be a wall of silence now.  

I guess that’s for someone with more knowledge than I of the process to expand on.

I suppose it’s feasible that just by reading various platforms, it’s possible to get a perception of the topics that are “hot” and take them to the table? I hope to God that they don’t read the Facebook groups… but then again, they’re fans too and as such their views are as legitimate as any of ours.

Seriously though, if it’s something you feel strongly on, go direct. Whenever I’ve emailed a board member in the past, I’ve always received a reply. Admittedly that hasn’t been often, but they do read their correspondence. 👍

I am rather bemused by all of this. Our season ticket prices have been frozen for nine years but apparently the "freeze" from Championship to Premier League football does not count but the freeze from Premier League to Championship is not really a "freeze" as you are paying Premier League prices for Championship football, even though you get to see more games in the Championship!!. As a season ticket holder I felt well treated by the Club through the pandemic, particularly being able to roll my season ticket over and getting to watch a lot of him games for free online. I would not be in the least bit surprised if season ticket prices are increased, if for no other reason other than the huge hike in energy costs, I am guessing that unlike domestic energy users Norwich City do not have the benefit of a price cap. I am not sure why you would need the club to "persuade" you to renew or not, I would guess most people will decide to renew or not renew as a matter of personal choice/personal circumstances and that decision will be made regardless of what the club says. On a personal level there are only three reasons I would not renew 1) If the cost became very prohibitive 2) If my health dictated that I was unable to get to Carrow Rd and 3) If I have shuffled off this mortal coil. I love going to the football, it is my time and it is also a great social event, I sit with fellow fans that I have become friends with over the years and have a lot of time and respect for, I have gone through the highs and lows of supporting Norwich City with them and I am glad I have and I do not regret one single second of it.....................

• Like 5

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

I guess that’s for someone with more knowledge than I of the process to expand on.

I suppose it’s feasible that just by reading various platforms, it’s possible to get a perception of the topics that are “hot” and take them to the table? I hope to God that they don’t read the Facebook groups… but then again, they’re fans too and as such their views are as legitimate as any of ours.

Seriously though, if it’s something you feel strongly on, go direct. Whenever I’ve emailed a board member in the past, I’ve always received a reply. Admittedly that hasn’t been often, but they do read their correspondence. 👍

that's why Ive asked the OSP representatives on here their comments. I'm sure Matt or Gordon will reply in due course. 

Its a fair point re facebook, and all views should be equally represented, but that's a reminder why personally im not on that platform. 

I have always found the club to be quick and engaging in their replies too - Its quite ironic that one of my communication was about the setting up of the OSP and their roll which would hopefully ensure that fans feel listened too, and have a route into the club. Unfortunately, to me, the sell isn't matching the reality as yet.  

Any insomniacs still awake? Just read through this thread and you’ll be counting sheep in no time. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am rather bemused by all of this. Our season ticket prices have been frozen for nine years but apparently the "freeze" from Championship to Premier League football does not count but the freeze from Premier League to Championship is not really a "freeze" as you are paying Premier League prices for Championship football, even though you get to see more games in the Championship!!. As a season ticket holder I felt well treated by the Club through the pandemic, particularly being able to roll my season ticket over and getting to watch a lot of him games for free online. I would not be in the least bit surprised if season ticket prices are increased, if for no other reason other than the huge hike in energy costs, I am guessing that unlike domestic energy users Norwich City do not have the benefit of a price cap. I am not sure why you would need the club to "persuade" you to renew or not, I would guess most people will decide to renew or not renew as a matter of personal choice/personal circumstances and that decision will be made regardless of what the club says. On a personal level there are only three reasons I would not renew 1) If the cost became very prohibitive 2) If my health dictated that I was unable to get to Carrow Rd and 3) If I have shuffled off this mortal coil. I love going to the football, it is my time and it is also a great social event, I sit with fellow fans that I have become friends with over the years and have a lot of time and respect for, I have gone through the highs and lows of supporting Norwich City with them and I am glad I have and I do not regret one single second of it.....................

I take it you never shop around for car insurance? 

Or haggle for the best mobile phone deal? 

Threaten to leave sky / BT ? 

Use the 30 day free trial of Amazon etc? 

Just quite happy to pay the full price, as you enjoy the service?  

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Any insomniacs still awake? Just read through this thread and you’ll counting sheep in no time. 

Baaaaa 🐑

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What about the Pink Un App? 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

No, always shop around

No

Yes/ No(Never had Sky)

No

No

My goodness you are on to something, I will get on the blower to Norwich City tomorrow and tell them I can get a season ticket at Portman Rd for £4.50, a half eaten sausage roll and two paperclips and ask them to price match........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Yes

Yes

No/Yes (Never had Sky)

Yes

No

My goodness you are on to something, I will get on the blower to Norwich City tomorrow and tell them I can get a season ticket at Portman Rd for £4.50, a half eaten sausage roll and two paperclips and ask them to price match........

So youll haggle over other expenses, but just accept this one. 

You final point missed the 'having to be of similar quality / standard' but im sure you knew that really? 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

So youll haggle over other expenses, but just accept this one. 

You final point missed the 'having to be of similar quality / standard' but im sure you knew that really? 

So have you haggled your season ticket price down then, fair play to you if you have and I will be so cross with Norwich City if they let you have a better deal than me.........

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

So have you haggled your season ticket price down then, fair play to you if you have and I will be so cross with Norwich City if they let you have a better deal than me.........

I used to get an N&P discount of 5% which was always welcome, but that has stopped in recent years so I pay the same going rate as everyone else. 

I always renew by the first renewal date too - but i understand that has some 'flexibilty' to it too. 

The point was more about paying for what you want as the right price. your initial post implied that no matter what people charged you, if you wanted (needed in some respects) the product you would pay the asking price (subject to the fair and valid points you made).  

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Haggle the price down. 

I dont subscribe, so I cannot pay them any less!