Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Season Tickets 2022/3

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If it’s not a big deal don’t reply, bell end

Im just curious why, you think its a big deal, and keep bringing it up, in your self indulgent way, Mr Bunn! 

I knew you would reply - cant help yourself can you! 

You will to this one too! 

Remember the block button is there for a purpose! 

I want to know why the club arnt accepting people to the waiting list still. Seems shortsighted to me. My son been to 4 games and want to go to more. But I derwent bore him this season 🙈

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Use it then, bell end

But im not the one who sees it as a big deal!  

Your replies actually make me laugh, usually, and ive never blocked anyone on here, and I wouldnt give you the honour of being the first, Mr Bunn! 

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I understand the methodology, but it still doesn't really explain why they can't just keep adding people to the bottom of the list and just contact those waiting on a 'first come, first served' basis. 

It's a fair question. I think @Greavsy has a fair point in his following post, there certainly used to be a time where a fee was charged to join the waiting list... I got my ST through the waiting list in 2008 (just in time for a trip to League One!), and I *think* it was either a £25 or £50 fee to be on the list, which was then deducted from your total amount payable when one became available.

I think asking people to pay a deposit to join the list makes sense – stops people just doing it willy-nilly on the offchance, and precludes the accusations of profiteering that would no doubt follow if the fee were non-refundable.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a fair question. I think @Greavsy has a fair point in his following post, there certainly used to be a time where a fee was charged to join the waiting list... I got my ST through the waiting list in 2008 (just in time for a trip to League One!), and I *think* it was either a £25 or £50 fee to be on the list, which was then deducted from your total amount payable when one became available.

I think asking people to pay a deposit to join the list makes sense – stops people just doing it willy-nilly on the offchance, and precludes the accusations of profiteering that would no doubt follow if the fee were non-refundable.

Timing wise was the same for me Wolfie, and I think it was £50.00. (although this is my 2nd journey, having had one pre marriage / mortgage /  kids and the like).

What a ride its been too! 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Timing wise was the same for me Wolfie, and I think it was £50.00. (although this is my 2nd journey, having had one pre marriage / mortgage /  kids and the like).

What a ride its been too! 

Yeah, that sounds about right, I think it was £50.

I used to go to games quite regularly with my dad from around 1988-1997, but then a combination of playing, refereeing and going to uni meant I was a bit of a 'plastic' for a decade or so... 😉

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Seems fair😉

I thought you would agree - SO predictable. 

But no poster playing here! ever! 

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, that sounds about right, I think it was £50.

I used to go to games quite regularly with my dad from around 1988-1997, but then a combination of playing, refereeing and going to uni meant I was a bit of a 'plastic' for a decade or so... 😉

My first season ticket was a "1/2" season ticket which started on the boxing day fixture I believe. From memory was £70.00 (but was for standing), and would have been around 1986 /7 onwards. They seemed popular are the time  

Is it generally worth it to just turn up a Carrow on the day of the match and ask if any tickets have become available?

I now visit Norwich more as a carer than a City fan on weekends but occasionally I can make a home game. 

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I am always a bit torn over this. I would love to be able to make some sort of a statement by not renewing and pointedly walking away but the reality is (i) those who it was aimed at probably wouldn't notice unless thousands do it (ii) I would lose my seat (most of us renew regardless because we like our seats and don't want to lose them) which I like a lot and (iii) someone on the waiting list would no doubt step in and snap it up which again would defeat the purpose. Plus of course I enjoy going. 

They should not take high season ticket sales as an endorsement. Its just what we do as we are loyal fans, coupled with a bit of supply and demand. 

Sums it up perfectly for me

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

It’s £10 to join the waiting list or at least it was when I put my son on it a year ago. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, corbs said:

Is it generally worth it to just turn up a Carrow on the day of the match and ask if any tickets have become available?

I now visit Norwich more as a carer than a City fan on weekends but occasionally I can make a home game. 

This season I think it is. Think they’ve been selling returns on the day for most games. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'd be more than happy to pay a deposit, and I agree that it's a good idea. I just don't see the logic in capping it. 

You actually got your season the summer I gave mine up when I moved away for uni! You're welcome 😉

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, corbs said:

Absolutely - especially if its a single you are after. 

1 hour ago, corbs said:

Check the official site on the morning of a game. There are always tickets available, and maybe a pair if you're lucky.

16 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Thanks Wolfie - appreciate the comments, and I reiterate its nothing personal at all. 

To sum up my thoughts, I would suggest that OSP representatives just keep in mind that they're the fans representatives, our, the fans, conduit into the club, that we all support via our various ways, but have a common goal, and if we work together with each other we can be positive and make things better for all. 

Im just aware and conscious that in these types of engagements the 'parent' (the club in this case) body can shape things their way, and the supporting bodies are led to believe they have had an input, but the fact is decisions have already been made, and its been manipulated to tick a 'fan engagement' box. Its up to the OSP in this case to ensure that isn't the case. 

Power to the people! 😉 

thanks again Wolfie - and I hope the ailments / situations you mentioned (on a personal level in the contracts thread) clear up soon too. 

Guys some very pertinent points made by Wolfie, with regard to the OSP the biggest challenge is around peoples expectations on all fronts, from within the club, the OSP members themselves and of course the wider spread of supporters. As Wolfie has intimated, the OSP have a desire to have a positive impact where possible, at this moment the panel is a collection of supporters (voted by fellow fans) who are invited by the club to be a sounding board on a range of non footballing (thankfully) topics.

We as group have done our own work and are currently presenting this to prepare the way for a productive 3 way relationship between the club, supporters and the OSP. We have looked at a large number of clubs (personally over 30) who have similar in place, and there are many that are resisting, and while there are a few we can admire at the progress made, Norwich City are actually one  of the better, and in the top 3 when it comes to its intentions, we would anticipate our next couple of meetings sees and agreed blueprint to take the panel forward.

The Crouch report as has also been alluded to by Wolfie, is a vehicle that if all clubs embrace in the correct manner will open the way for much better supporter /club relationships, and as we know this is very early days, but again our club is actively taking the initial findings with the right enthusiasm. Would think that in time as the club gets used to having a supporters panel, and the panel has a clear  blueprint it works to the more obvious it will become to all.

I feel any off field concerns are going to be a lot easier to address than our on field are at the moment, having said that we looked better last night than we have done since the Man Utd game, and Idah had his best game yet, so i think we will score on Saturday and poor old Everton will be on the receiving end of a 1-0 thrashing. 🤞 OTBC

1 hour ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Guys some very pertinent points made by Wolfie, with regard to the OSP the biggest challenge is around peoples expectations on all fronts, from within the club, the OSP members themselves and of course the wider spread of supporters. As Wolfie has intimated, the OSP have a desire to have a positive impact where possible, at this moment the panel is a collection of supporters (voted by fellow fans) who are invited by the club to be a sounding board on a range of non footballing (thankfully) topics.

We as group have done our own work and are currently presenting this to prepare the way for a productive 3 way relationship between the club, supporters and the OSP. We have looked at a large number of clubs (personally over 30) who have similar in place, and there are many that are resisting, and while there are a few we can admire at the progress made, Norwich City are actually one  of the better, and in the top 3 when it comes to its intentions, we would anticipate our next couple of meetings sees and agreed blueprint to take the panel forward.

The Crouch report as has also been alluded to by Wolfie, is a vehicle that if all clubs embrace in the correct manner will open the way for much better supporter /club relationships, and as we know this is very early days, but again our club is actively taking the initial findings with the right enthusiasm. Would think that in time as the club gets used to having a supporters panel, and the panel has a clear  blueprint it works to the more obvious it will become to all.

I feel any off field concerns are going to be a lot easier to address than our on field are at the moment, having said that we looked better last night than we have done since the Man Utd game, and Idah had his best game yet, so i think we will score on Saturday and poor old Everton will be on the receiving end of a 1-0 thrashing. 🤞 OTBC

Thanks Lessingham, appreciate the insight, and look forward to seeing the output from future meetings. 

From the outside you must admit it a complete sea change where prior to the  last meeting (the OSPs first one) there was pages and pages of questions and issues that people wanted raised, instigated by a thread an OSP member started and had pinned, to now, when no such request for items to be raised has been made. And indeed when the question of 'have the OSP been involved in ST renewal discussions' it was met with a 'I can't answer that'. Not the way, I as an outsider, feel a representative body who claims to represent the fans should be acting. 

As I said I do appreciate your response and clarity, however it's just a shame, in my opinion, that the OSPs actions have only been publicly declared following a discussion on here. 

Anyways let's move on, and I look forward to seeing outcome of the next meeting when the minutes are issued, together with any further comments the panel can make at that time. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Thanks Lessingham, appreciate the insight, and look forward to seeing the output from future meetings. 

From the outside you must admit it a complete sea change where prior to the  last meeting (the OSPs first one) there was pages and pages of questions and issues that people wanted raised, instigated by a thread an OSP member started and had pinned, to now, when no such request for items to be raised has been made. And indeed when the question of 'have the OSP been involved in ST renewal discussions' it was met with a 'I can't answer that'. Not the way, I as an outsider, feel a representative body who claims to represent the fans should be acting. 

As I said I do appreciate your response and clarity, however it's just a shame, in my opinion, that the OSPs actions have only been publicly declared following a discussion on here. 

Anyways let's move on, and I look forward to seeing outcome of the next meeting when the minutes are issued, together with any further comments the panel can make at that time. 

@Greavsy , i'm sure all things will come in time, the challenge is the OSP is simply a collective of people invited to be a sounding board, which could be argued is progress. Since its formation the panel as a whole are keen to offer more than that, as they feel such a channel can add real value. Unlike other official groups where there will be a constitution in place which  gives them a framework to work within, in simplistic terms they have a good governance practice with all the parameters agreed in writing, which of course brings responsibility and accountability for all.

We are a long way of that, and maybe we will get to that (maybe we wont) and that in turn will give a voice as well as an ear, and of course an opportunity to have communication flowing between all.

I would stress, its not a reluctance of the club or panel members to make this work in everyone's interest, we are 6 months in (2 full meetings) changes in key personnel at the club, pandemic etc, we are it seems to those watching not moving anywhere at any pace, but on reflection both with our set up and what we have seen at other clubs, we are making progress (albeit slowly) and that is a credit to those who are on the panel and the club management. 

12 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

@Greavsy , i'm sure all things will come in time, the challenge is the OSP is simply a collective of people invited to be a sounding board, which could be argued is progress. Since its formation the panel as a whole are keen to offer more than that, as they feel such a channel can add real value. Unlike other official groups where there will be a constitution in place which  gives them a framework to work within, in simplistic terms they have a good governance practice with all the parameters agreed in writing, which of course brings responsibility and accountability for all.

We are a long way of that, and maybe we will get to that (maybe we wont) and that in turn will give a voice as well as an ear, and of course an opportunity to have communication flowing between all.

I would stress, its not a reluctance of the club or panel members to make this work in everyone's interest, we are 6 months in (2 full meetings) changes in key personnel at the club, pandemic etc, we are it seems to those watching not moving anywhere at any pace, but on reflection both with our set up and what we have seen at other clubs, we are making progress (albeit slowly) and that is a credit to those who are on the panel and the club management. 

Cheers Lessingham, appreciate the reply / clarity. 

All I would suggest is if progress is being made however slowly (for whatever and genuine reasons) please keep the fans who the OSP are representing updated with any progress. 

That said it is accepted, of course, that somethings, content wise, cannot be shared. 

On 12/01/2022 at 19:32, Jim Smith said:

It’s £10 to join the waiting list or at least it was when I put my son on it a year ago. 

There were 1400 on the waiting list a week ago, its open now as a friend on twitter joined it at the weekend, its £50 for adults to join which is refunded from your first season ticket cost.

Prices have been frozen for 9 season now so like others I wouldn't be surprised if there was an increase, we usually hear by the end of January so not long to wait.

There is absolutely no justification at all for a price increase. The fact prices have been frozen is not justification as arguably they have been too high for champ football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

There is absolutely no justification at all for a price increase. The fact prices have been frozen is not justification as arguably they have been too high for champ football. 

We are Premier league though Jimbo (for now) 😉 

Its supply and demand too - our ground is small, by comparison, so we have to pay more per head to get the same amount of income. If people dont wish to renew then there are 1400 people waiting to take their place.  

27 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

We are Premier league though Jimbo (for now) 😉 

Its supply and demand too - our ground is small, by comparison, so we have to pay more per head to get the same amount of income. If people dont wish to renew then there are 1400 people waiting to take their place.  

Only because we have owners who put nothing in. Again the fans pay the price for Delia keeping her train set.

if we are premier league the extra income is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If we are championship then prices are already on the high side. No justification at all for price increases in my view. 

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Only because we have owners who put nothing in. Again the fans pay the price for Delia keeping her train set.

if we are premier league the extra income is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If we are championship then prices are already on the high side. No justification at all for price increases in my view. 

you, as always, make a fair point Jimbo. 

Extra games in the Championship too! Price per game decreases. No VAR, Less inconvenient kick off times, no MOTD. whats not to like my friend ? 

@Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary @ncfc star

Hope all goes well to you and your colleagues at the OSP meeting, which I believe is this evening. 

Can you please ask the club when the minutes will be available for all and share anything else that you are permitted to do so please, particularly in line with this thread, when the S/T announcement is expected to be made (Appreciate you will be unable to give content). 

Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

@Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary @ncfc star

Hope all goes well to you and your colleagues at the OSP meeting, which I believe is this evening. 

Can you please ask the club when the minutes will be available for all and share anything else that you are permitted to do so please, particularly in line with this thread, when the S/T announcement is expected to be made (Appreciate you will be unable to give content). 

Thanks in advance

Meeting went well thanks, although I didn't see this message beforehand. We hope the minutes will be circulated next week.

I believe S/T announcement will happen by the end of January, as is customary.