Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Season Tickets 2022/3

It’s a pretty hard sell - particularly as it was financially a free hit for most of us this season, having paid for it last year.  I dare say most will renew but the expectation will be that it has to be much better.

The way feelings are at the moment, if things continue as they are with no new signings and no wins I can see a lot of people not renewing.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Wonder what bullsiht they will come out with to try and persuade us to renew ?

It's a personal choice, if you're not happy with your season ticket you can decide not to renew.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's a personal choice, if you're not happy with your season ticket you can decide not to renew.

I’ve had a ST since 1962, not going to stop now, just wondering what words of “ encouragement “ they’ll come up with ?

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

I’ve had a ST since 1962, not going to stop now, just wondering what words of “ encouragement “ they’ll come up with ?

If you need encouraging then you should re-think your motivation.

Marketing will always exist, treat it as just that.

55 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have the fan consultation groups been sitting around the table ?

My understanding was there was /  is another meeting in January for the OSP 

havent seen anything asking for any issues we wish them to raise on fans behalf,  as they done last time. 

Wolfie maybe out walking his new dog! 

@Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary@ncfc star

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If you need encouraging then you should re-think your motivation.

Marketing will always exist, treat it as just that.

The fact he's renewed since 1962 demonstrates that he doesnt, personally, need any motivation, surely? 

was a general question, and an interesting point, how are they going to 'frame it' this season. 

We know they are short of cash, as always, with COVID having a big impact. But so has everyone else. and also people are re-evaluating their priorities etc too. If the football was a bit more enjoyable it would be an easier sell. Maybe it will be in the Champs with more win-able games. 

Im hoping for another price freeze, but cannot see that happening. 

Slightly off topic question:

Likelihood (or otherwise!) of a pair of STs for next season - ideally together?

Getting to enough games to make it worthwhile.

Gracias.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Gracias.

As long as you’re not too fussy where you sit I think there will be some pairs available 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Satriales said:

When is the renewal date?

First one, for cheapest prices is usually Feb sometime. I have the middle thereof in my mind, but please dont quote me! 

27 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

As long as you’re not too fussy where you sit I think there will be some pairs available 

Is there not a waiting list still? 

I'm renewing but quite understand those who don't. After all why would you renew something you that you don't enjoy doing.

But, beware the 2018 factor...

32 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Gracias.

I would suggest if two tickets next to each other arent available initially (as they wont sell any current S/T seats until the end of the final window) you buy two as close together as suitable, but then keep trying the club to see if they have two together, especially after the final window closes. They are reliant on people telling them them arent going to renew, which unfortunately doesnt happen very often (telling the club I mean)  

Hope that makes sense and helps 

The first direct debit payment for the season historically falls in March so i would expect the renewal letters to be going out towards the end of this month.#Personally i would be surprised if there is not an increase as there has not been one in 6 years i believe ?

They always come out on a home matchday so I'm guessing the day of the man city game. 12th February. 

They'll use all kinds of excuse but mainly COVID and the lack of price rise for a few seasons to put the prices up slightly. £1 or so a game for the standard seats. Even tho they're already in the top half of most expensive premier League tickets. 

Despite what theyve said there will one big signing this month to ensure the majority of people renew

Casual prices increased this season, to more than the away fans..... Who are capped at £30, so I'd expect some increase. 

As Tilly says they have been frozen for a while too. 

On 11/01/2022 at 13:37, Greavsy said:

My understanding was there was /  is another meeting in January for the OSP 

havent seen anything asking for any issues we wish them to raise on fans behalf,  as they done last time. 

Wolfie maybe out walking his new dog! 

@Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary@ncfc star

You tagged the wrong 'me', our next meeting is next Thursday, and I'm sure the minutes will be made available online shortly afterwards.

We've been specifically told that the meetings are not for raising hundreds of individual concerns, but if you do have a more general or wider issue to raise then I am sure this is something that could be covered.

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

You tagged the wrong 'me', our next meeting is next Thursday, and I'm sure the minutes will be made available online shortly afterwards.

We've been specifically told that the meetings are not for raising hundreds of individual concerns, but if you do have a more general or wider issue to raise then I am sure this is something that could be covered.

Ive just replied to Wolfie on another thread - but this one is more relevent.

As I said there  - I wasn't asking for whats been / being discussed, as appreciate that's confidential until the club release minutes / statements etc. 

My question was, are the OSP engaged in these discussions and if so are they seeking fans (who the OSP are representing) views, as per the previous meeting.  

i think season ticket prices are both general and a wider issue - as they affect the core fanbase of the club. 

Again sounds a mixture of being silenced and told to know your place, as previously commented on. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Ive just replied to Wolfie on another thread - but this one is more relevent.

As I said there  - I wasn't asking for whats been / being discussed, as appreciate that's confidential until the club release minutes / statements etc. 

My question was, are the OSP engaged in these discussions and if so are they seeking fans (who the OSP are representing) views, as per the previous meeting.  

i think season ticket prices are both general and a wider issue - as they affect the core fanbase of the club. 

Again sounds a mixture of being silenced and told to know your place, as previously commented on. 

You are free to speculate, but I can assure @Lessingham Canary and I have been in regular communication with the club, as has the wider panel. We'll comment as and when we feel it appropriate to do so, and we appreciate that people will talk in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You are free to speculate, but I can assure @Lessingham Canary and I have been in regular communication with the club, as has the wider panel. We'll comment as and when we feel it appropriate to do so, and we appreciate that people will talk in the meantime.

Appreciate that Wolfie and the position that you are in, However prior to the last meeting you sought the views on the fan base on this platform, and possibly got too many questions to raise. I believe this was the case on other platforms too (I rememeber some one commenting on something being said on FB, but im not on there so cannot quote directly)

However this time there has been nothing. How can the OSP represent the fans, IF they dont ask their views ? 

As has been said before, it appears to be lip service. The club set the agenda, tell the members not to engage with the fans who they are representing. I am still struggling to see the overall benefit, and fear for the longevity of the OSP too. 

Nothing personal Wolfie, just my observations.  

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Appreciate that Wolfie and the position that you are in, However prior to the last meeting you sought the views on the fan base on this platform, and possibly got too many questions to raise. I believe this was the case on other platforms too (I rememeber some one commenting on something being said on FB, but im not on there so cannot quote directly)

However this time there has been nothing. How can the OSP represent the fans, IF they dont ask their views ? 

As has been said before, it appears to be lip service. The club set the agenda, tell the members not to engage with the fans who they are representing. I am still struggling to see the overall benefit, and fear for the longevity of the OSP too. 

Nothing personal Wolfie, just my observations.  

The bit I've put in bold is absolutely untrue and really unhelpful. I have said several times that the meeting agendas are agreed collaboratively between the club and the panel. We have never been told 'not to engage with the fans', and to suggest we have is defamatory.

Edited by Feedthewolf

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

The bit I've put in bold is absolutely untrue and really unhelpful. I have said several times that the meeting agendas are agreed collaboratively between the club and the panel. We have never been told 'not to engage with the fans', and to suggest we have is libellous.

So prior to the previous meeting there was pages on this forum alone of suggestions to discuss, some better than others I agree. 

Prior to this meeting nothing has been sought from the fans who are being represented. And when asked, the following response was given. 

But its not a closed shop? 

As Ive stated its my observations, and stand by them. Apologies if ive struck a nerve Wolfie.

Just now, Greavsy said:

So prior to the previous meeting there was pages on this forum alone of suggestions to discuss, some better than others I agree. 

Prior to this meeting nothing has been sought from the fans who are being represented. And when asked, the following response was given. 

But its not a closed shop? 

As Ive stated its my observations, and stand by them. Apologies if ive struck a nerve Wolfie.

No nerve struck, I'm just equanimously calling out your defamatory statement. 

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The bit I've put in bold is absolutely untrue and really unhelpful.

And post like this arent? 

On 11/01/2022 at 11:55, CANARYKING said:

Wonder what bullsiht they will come out with to try and persuade us to renew ?

Ive only tried to engage and get an understanding of the OSP's current involvement and activities, based on their previous engagements. 

Without disclosing what has or hasn't been discussed, this could so easily have been commented on and shut down with a simple 'meeting on xx/xx/xx and season tickets are on the agenda, minutes to follow from the club' type post. The more silence there is, the more unhealthy speculation there will be. 

You were quite happy to use this forum previously.