Sign in to follow this  
Danke bitte

Fan comments by Smith

47 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And dont forget the 'input' from our 'Fan(s) of the season' before they removed it! 

What do you mean by this?

What is wrong with customer feedback?

If you don't like it do better.

The idea that you can fool fans by serving up dross and then blaming them when they express their displeasure is the height of arrogance. 

Webber and the Board won't accept what fans think (that we have a lame, gutless, powder puff midfield and half our signings are not fit for the league we play in).

The sarcasm is simply fans reflecting back the contempt that the Sporting Director and Management team are showing them.

What goes around comes around. 

It's Karma. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s easier said than done when the match is already over way before half-time. Norwich fans are fair and tame compared to many others. 

But in the cup game, it wasn’t over by half -time. The school kids on their cheap day out started really early. God knows how that is supposed to help player confidence.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Not making a good job of anything at the moment is he, Dean Smith?  The correct thing would have been to ignore the question, re-focus on the next game and then suggest the team will be better next match, then asking the fans to get behind the team.  But no, he slags off a bit of gallows humour.  I'm losing patience fast with Deano, this is no way of building rapport!

He’s not slagging them off he’s making an honest comment. Would you get any better at your job if I stood behind you and kept telling you that you were sh*t?

29 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

But in the cup game, it wasn’t over by half -time. The school kids on their cheap day out started really early. God knows how that is supposed to help player confidence.

Were they school kids?

53 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

What do you mean by this?

Our fan(s) of the season are social media presence called "talk nowich city" who have at times posted negative comments / interviews and the like against our club. 

They also posted a Twitter link with video of a chant at a recent match which was then removed, but only after the nationals had picked it up. Im sure you can search through the threads and find it. 

Interesting thoughts on this Gallows Humour I agree with the odd we had a shot ..and stuff like let’s pretend we scored ..  which don’t really like but can see the gallows of it ….  But singing we f*cking **** about 10 times on Sunday  at Charlton and if Sargeant scores we on the pitch .. and singing how sh*t must you be we drawing away just doesn’t help it at all. I was at Charlton at yeah we were awful and embarrassing first half but no matter how crud we are that’s not gallows humour it’s just not helping players it’s just sapping what little confidence they have left.. just rank support .. and yes this season has been woeful probably one of the worst ever … but even so .. surely we better than that .. ?? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Our fan(s) of the season are social media presence called "talk nowich city" who have at times posted negative comments / interviews and the like against our club. 

They also posted a Twitter link with video of a chant at a recent match which was then removed, but only after the nationals had picked it up. Im sure you can search through the threads and find it. 

Ohhh those two. Interesting they’ve been “silenced” or maybe they thought better of it? I don’t really rate them but at least they’re not afraid to be vocal. 

Watched our away fans from the middle of the Charlton fans.  The guys and girls signing these songs can’t be more than about 30 to 50 fans.  Was clearly a pocket in the back right corner. Most didn’t join in, and personally I’m not a fan of the chants, they are childish IMHO.  A boo at the end of the game I get, but during it support the lads, right now they need all the help they can.  

I did take a photo though…..

22544F7F-D6C2-45B4-85CF-48E654823E05.jpeg

Edited by Danbury Yellow
  • Like 2

Unfortunately a manager  can soon get himself disliked by attacking the fans , can understand the frustration of the fans who are watching us fail again after promotion to the premiership 

39 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Watched our away fans from the middle of the Charlton fans.  The guys and girls signing these songs can’t be more than about 30 to 50 fans.  Was clearly a pocket in the back right corner. Most didn’t join in, and personally I’m not a fan of the chants, they are childish IMHO.  A boo at the end of the game I get, but during it support the lads, right now they need all the help they can.  

22544F7F-D6C2-45B4-85CF-48E654823E05.jpeg

I'm, sure during the match you supported our team vocally from sitting within the Charlton fans...... 

44 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Ohhh those two. Interesting they’ve been “silenced” or maybe they thought better of it? I don’t really rate them but at least they’re not afraid to be vocal. 

I think it was removed by themselves, and not silenced. 

To me it seems strange they are fans(s) of the season, yet are happy to post criticism of certain elements of the club. 

41 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Dude sat yawning next to you lol.

There's a view from inside here if anyone interested:-

Thought energy they brought was great, credit to them, they tried - couple of lads from Beccles I spoke to outside the ground just up for a laugh.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Thought energy they brought was great, credit to them, they tried - couple of lads from Beccles I spoke to outside the ground just up for a laugh.

Haha, I think all fans felt like that in the first half!

I really like their energy too, but perhaps they could drop the ‘we’re ****’ song, repeated nonstop.  Bit cringe for me. 

Edited by Danbury Yellow

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'm, sure during the match you supported our team vocally from sitting within the Charlton fans......   

I joined in one on the ball city…..those  around me knew who I supported, mainly thanks to my Charlton mates who let everyone know 😂 was a nice atmosphere to be fair. 

• Like 1

Just now, Danbury Yellow said:

I rally like their energy too, but perhaps they could drop the ‘we’re ****’ song, repeated nonstop.  Bit cringe for me. 

"Most successful team in Norfolk" always kills me.  I really can't stand that, I must admit. 🙂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Unfortunately a manager  can soon get himself disliked by attacking the fans , can understand the frustration of the fans who are watching us fail again after promotion to the premiership 

Well we better Turn up and play well at West Ham or the Away fans will Turn on smith and the Team even more after these Comments 

58 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

They may be up for a laugh. We have steam to support. Isn’t Beccles in Suffolk.?

Perhaps they could fcuk off and support their county team’s cup run.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

I think it was removed by themselves, and not silenced. 

To me it seems strange they are fans(s) of the season, yet are happy to post criticism of certain elements of the club. 

I think like many of us they were happy with how things were shaping up and were happy enough to promote good times. Fair play to them. Not my taste but there we are.

Then this season and the ball dropped by Webber and like anyone else they’ve criticised the club. Entitled to flip flop, aren’t we all just fickle fans at the end of the day?! Bet they won’t get ‘fan of the season’ this year I’d warrant 😁

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

He’s not slagging them off he’s making an honest comment. Would you get any better at your job if I stood behind you and kept telling you that you were 

But at work I wouldn't do that.  I would try and discuss the situation with the person performing badly in an unimpassioned way and try and encourage them to see where they are going wrong, suggesting how they could improve without castigated them. Here Smith has not said anything positive about how he is going to change things on the pitch to change the attitude of the fans.  That is my complaint.  Its just reactive fault deflection from Smith, as an experienced manager you'd hope for better but no like his team management, his management of his relationship with the fans is already being found wanting.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Doesn’t appreciate the sarcasm from fans during the games apparently as it’s hurting players confidence.

I’m inclined to agree but equally it’s born out frustration and anger which I also completely understand.

It’s not the players fault really, they didn’t recruit themselves. I think the ire should be directed at Webber really but there you go.

Thoughts?

I know this is shallow, but I can't take what anyone with a flat-top says seriously.

I hope to grow to be a better person soon though.

1 minute ago, Orly said:

I know this is shallow, but I can't take what anyone with a flat-top says seriously.

I hope to grow to be a better person soon though.

Imagine if we had Steve Cooper in charge. How would you feel then…?!

Meanie

image.thumb.jpeg.e30ba4e7b17c1563f363b9958bff468a.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Meanie

Haha.  Actually a little better - Mr Smith purposely chooses to look like Bart Simpson who went to Grange Hill in the 80s, whereas poor mr cooper is making the best of the hand dealt to him.

8 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Meanie

image.thumb.jpeg.e30ba4e7b17c1563f363b9958bff468a.jpeg

image.jpeg.dcd0a9fd888fd3a766c40b4e460da367.jpeg...Plug from the Beano's Bash Street Kids....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Oysters dont like sand in their shells, but the irritation causes them to find a solution and make a pearl.

When Sargent lollops back to the dressing room for his carrot and asks 'Joshy do good?' It doesnt help to say 'Yes son, Im sure you'll get a shot in on goal one of these games, just keep doing what you're doing'.

The players need to know their current level of effort/performance is not acceptable.

Half of the noises from the players are about keeping the faith and we're sure we can turn it around. No - you need to change what you're doing - pronto!

If your puppy sh*ts on the floor, you dont clap and admire it, you rub it's nose in it so it doesnt do it again.

Awful examples and complete misunderstanding.

When Josh is awful, he has the coaches and management to tell him - the people who really know.

Equally, Josh isn't rubbish because of a lack of effort. He puts in lots of effort but is rubbish. He doesn't deserve to get abuse - his ability is his ability.

Finally, sounds like you'd be a rubbish puppy trainer. We were able to toilet train ours without any rubbing. 

• Like 2

Smith was asked a question and gave an honest answer. Football fans will do what football fans do. A recent iron caller to 5live was calling Antonio a Donkey. Personally I see some chants as witty and fun, and original; whereas others are tired and boorish. I fully joined in the Hoolahan chant, which was in my view quite critical of the current players on the pitch in by implication. From the home end at Palace I enjoyed the fake goal celebration, but it would be wrong to overdo that one - just a view. Myself, I’m a dedicated happy applauded, but afterwards in the pub the river end moaner can emerge. 

I remember that Rovrum League Cup win, where for all the first half we all joined in and sang "When Wolfie scores, we're all going on the pitch!".  Then lo, 2nd half he does, we were all so shocked we forgot to move! 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I think the same of some posters on here who hate the players, every manager we ever had, the owners, fans who try to be positive etc. I sometimes wonder what they part of the club they actually support - an excellent pitch/ outstanding corner flags? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, corbs said:

Smith was asked a question and gave an honest answer. Football fans will do what football fans do

I only saw the video footage of him being questioned at the presser, and he doesn't really seem that unhappy about it really.  Shows how context plays a big part in this.  Like you say, he's just answering a question.