Sign in to follow this  
Danke bitte

Fan comments by Smith

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Must admit to feeling slightly uneasy at some of the chants at the Valley toward the team after the 6th or so ,time

A lot of it felt a little forced to me, there was a definitive energy there and it was outside the ground too  But it seemed like they had no content to deliver, as you say so much was repeated and it felt proper cringe when pretending to score a goal.  I guess because the video had been shared the other week, it was like dining out on that moment again, but wasn't the same.

It's a shame the team aren't performing because it's great to see the younger sections bringing this energy, it's been missing for a while and reminded me back to 90s terraces where we'd have a party going.  So good on them.

1 hour ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

How to deflect being a useless manager, blame the fans.🤣

Farke isn't coming back... let it go

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ll get told to “fcuk off” at work this afternoon at least a few times. Now and again the boot will fly in and I’ve have been put down by a punch ( was a beauty mind on my blind side) Highlight was one chap trying to put me over a large fence but that’s my job and I won’t cry about it. Maybe some footballers could do with a work experience at different places just for a week or two. 

Where ever do you work Carrow road complaints dept ? 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Right on cue. All hail the morally superior super fan 🙌.

Right on cue. Missing the point as if reading is beyond you. Brilliant.

• Thanks 1

As I said on another thread, Smith would be better advised to focus on his job rather than slag off the fans to the media. He has replaced a very popular manager, effectively a legend at the club, even if many fans felt his time was up and it was right to make a change. Smith has yet to win over the fans and the football for the last four games has been absolute dross, as bad as the worst delivered in the Farke period immediately before. There seems to be no discernible pattern to our play nor any joined-up thinking behind our formation. He still has a lot to prove.

Many of us are therefore sitting on the fence about Smith, and this isn't going to help.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

we've scored 8 league goals in half a season and we're doing nothing about it. What the hell do they expect?

The record for fewest league goals in a season is shared by Derby and Sheffield Utd at 20.

We're at the 19 game halfway point and have scored less than half that - projection would be 16. Worst PL team ever by that standard. What do they want? Freakin medals?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

He’ll have to put up with it.  Given the abject displays on the pitch both this season and two seasons ago, he’s lucky that it’s just a bit of sarcasm.  In our position supporters of many other clubs would have mounted concerted campaigns to voice their displeasure at the direction of travel of the club.

And that frustration would be directed at the board/Webber.

I really don’t understand why the players are taking the brunt personally, get it’s generally a bit of gallows’s humour but really surprised more flack hasn’t been directed at Webber/Delia.

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Where ever do you work Carrow road complaints dept ? 

He's Webber's bodyguard, fighting off the adoring fans who want to touch his clothes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

As I said on another thread, Smith would be better advised to focus on his job rather than slag off the fans to the media. He has replaced a very popular manager, effectively a legend at the club, even if many fans felt his time was up and it was right to make a change. Smith has yet to win over the fans and the football for the last four games has been absolute dross, as bad as the worst delivered in the Farke period immediately before. There seems to be no discernible pattern to our play or any joined-up thinking behind our formation. He still has a lot to prove.

Many of us are therefore sitting on the fence about Smith, and this isn't going to help.

He got that very wrong 

maybe have some of Delias  sherry  and come out with a mic at half time

"a message to  the best football fans in the world  please stop mocking us "

Mixed feelings about this. Fans pay their money, a lot of money these days, and have the right to react to the team's performance as they see fit (with the obvious exceptions of racist, sexist, homophobic abuse etc).

But I really don't think it helps the team, which is surely what we all want. I take Midland's point, and fair play to you for doing such a tough job, but there are at least as many of us who need support and encouragement to do well. Sam Byram's interview here is frank about the team's lack of confidence, which cannot be helped by the thought that your own fans will take the p1ss if you misplace a pass or shot.

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Criticising the fans is not a very clever move from a new manager. He's lucky to have a job. The jury is still out on whether we are lucky to have him.

Not making a good job of anything at the moment is he, Dean Smith?  The correct thing would have been to ignore the question, re-focus on the next game and then suggest the team will be better next match, then asking the fans to get behind the team.  But no, he slags off a bit of gallows humour.  I'm losing patience fast with Deano, this is no way of building rapport!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

And that frustration would be directed at the board/Webber.

I really don’t understand why the players are taking the brunt personally, get it’s generally a bit of gallows’s humour but really surprised more flack hasn’t been directed at Webber/Delia.

Perhaps the glares and 'tut tutting' from the Deliarite clappies around them makes it not worth the bother.

Or the ejection from her over zealous stewards (bouncers) of course.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Again, you're missing the crux of it. I don't care about the argument of it being someones 'right' to abuse our own players - it's a pointless argument but the problem is in football it tends to boil over and Idah ended up receiving racist abuse. 

Regardless of right, the point is the players themselves say it doesn't help and I don't see why anyone would think abusing our own players is helpful. I get the emotion at the time and all that associated rubbish, but it doesn't detract from the fact it's unhelpful. Smith is right about that.

Oysters dont like sand in their shells, but the irritation causes them to find a solution and make a pearl.

When Sargent lollops back to the dressing room for his carrot and asks 'Joshy do good?' It doesnt help to say 'Yes son, Im sure you'll get a shot in on goal one of these games, just keep doing what you're doing'.

The players need to know their current level of effort/performance is not acceptable.

Half of the noises from the players are about keeping the faith and we're sure we can turn it around. No - you need to change what you're doing - pronto!

If your puppy sh*ts on the floor, you dont clap and admire it, you rub it's nose in it so it doesnt do it again.

Edited by The Great Mass Debater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

What the hell do you do? Bayliff? Traffic warden? CPN/Care assistant?

Bingo Caller?.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Not making a good job of anything at the moment is he, Dean Smith?  The correct thing would have been to ignore the question, re-focus on the next game and then suggest the team will be better next match, then asking the fans to get behind the team.  But no, he slags off a bit of gallows humour.  I'm losing patience fast with Deano, this is no way of building rapport!

It doesn't feel like he's going to be a long term manager for us to me. If the rest of the season continues in the same vein as the last few games Webber will need to fire him or he may walk.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

When it happens it will be a reality check for an awful lot of posters who were not around the last time it took place.

When are you referring to? Chase Out? Worthy Out? Hughton Out?

This is starting to feel a little like the Glen Roeder school of management, to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Not for the first time either!

Fact is the players have gotten far more support this season than they've earned on the pitch, and the season had unravelled long before the fans turned to gallows humour. So the players couldn't maintain any level of confidence with a fully backing and willing support.

Every new game represents a new chance to change something, and every new game the home and travelling fans will start that match 100% behind the players, without a doubt. Of course the mood of the crowd might change 30 minutes later, when we're 1 or 2 nil down, haven't had a shot and don't look capable of even creating an opportunity. But who's fault is that, certainly not the fans.

I'm sure the gallows stuff isn't super helpful either but I'd certainly be joining in if I were amongst the away fans, as it happens I'm bloody glad I've not committed to attending any away games this season...

I don't really understand what Smith and Webber would have the fans do, prior to the Charlton game (and even for the vast majority of that match) we hadn't put together one sequence of decent footy since the Man United game. The players are literally giving us nothing to get behind. 

If the team entertained the fans, they wouldnt need to entertain themselves. It's a spectator sport after all

Are You Not Entertained? Good! – Murphy's Blog

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

When are you referring to? Chase Out? Worthy Out? Hughton Out?

Chase Out and to a lesser degree Worthy Out but Hughton Out was a stroll in the park compared to the others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Chase Out and to a lesser degree Worthy Out but Hughton Out was a stroll in the park compared to the others.

Im sure you already know it Tilly, but 01603 628477 could be needed! 

😉 

Why not play behind closed doors or else let the Stepford wives watch the game?

I have never been so embarrassed by football as I am now. Players deciding they can't play because the chocolate is on the wrong side of the biscuit. Then they can't play because they have a bone in their foot. They get pushed over and have to have the trainer on. Now they can't play because their morale is so low because of a few chants.

Get a feckin pair the lot of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Allegedly rumours are abound that a small toy-shop drone towing a laminated sheet of A4 paper with 'Sack the Board' daubed on it, will be flown over the ground on Saturday.....

.....Apparently Delia's issued the rest of the board with catapults....

Have to say I find the sarcastic chants embarrassing, I get the point about finding humour in the moment but that doesn't mean you need to sing about it for 90 minutes. Chanting it only makes you look sillier in my opinion, and obviously doesn't help the team in any way.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why not play behind closed doors or else let the Stepford wives watch the game?

I have never been so embarrassed by football as I am now. Players deciding they can't play because the chocolate is on the wrong side of the biscuit. Then they can't play because they have a bone in their foot. They get pushed over and have to have the trainer on. Now they can't play because their morale is so low because of a few chants.

Get a feckin pair the lot of you.

Sensitive lot arent they? 

professional sportsman, train hard, play hard. Oh but a few chants and they dont like it up 'em. Dont start me on the un vaccinated ones..................

1 minute ago, repman said:

Have to say I find the sarcastic chants embarrassing, I get the point about finding humour in the moment but that doesn't mean you need to sing about it for 90 minutes. Chanting it only makes you look sillier in my opinion, and obviously doesn't help the team in any way.

Surely the point is - IF the team gave the fans something to cheer positively about, it wouldnt happen / be necessary.

The sarcastic / ironic cheers havent happened over night! 

If Dean smith does not like fans being angry then win some matches as you and your players are on high wages as we are not or are you looking at a different game so prove to us and win against West Ham tomorrow night.

There seems to be an assumption that to support/follow City, you have to like everything and everyone at the Club. If not you aren't a true or real supporter. Why?

Since I started paying attention to the club in 1957 and actually attending in 1960, I have seen many come and go. Chairman, directors, managers coaches and players.

And there have been many I couldn't stand but because they were at the Club, they were accepted. And rightly so. And when they had left I couldn't give a monkeys. Glen Roeder was enemy number one at the club but everyone else said he was a nice guy. So even though his results were better than Deanos (yes I know different league but different players) he got a roasting and we have to get behind Deano (whatever getting behind is). I'm not saying I don't like Deano and want him to be gone but its not a given that I have to like him or his tactics. That doesn't stop me from being a true and real NCFC supporter.

I like Delia as it happens but I don't fell beholding to her and can understand why some don't like her. That is their prerogative. But I also think she should at least listen to offers should they come in. And if we got a new owner there is nothing to say we have to like them. They are a means to an end.

So could we establish once and for all that because I throw my City mask at the telly when we concede and call Sargent a wnaker doesn't mean I'm any less than those who say never mind better luck next time.

In fairness I doubt Dean Smith knows much about what has gone before with our owners and has been seduced as usual by the cheek kissing mullarky dished out by her ladyship.