Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Smith again saying they don't expect any incoming business

Being only 3 points adrift I am very surprised we haven't shown a bit more ambition. It suggests we are up to the hilt in contractual players wages even if relegation clauses kicks in. Our quaint ownership and business model with no external investment once agains looks like steering us to certain relegation.

It further highlights the catastrophic summer recruitment campaign if indeed things are this bad.

As mentioned, it looks as though Cantwell and Max are going nowhere this window.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Being only 3 points adrift I am very surprised we haven't shown a bit more ambition. It suggests we are up to the hilt in contractual players wages even if relegation clauses kicks in. Our quaint ownership and business model with no external investment once agains looks like steering us to certain relegation.

It further highlights the catastrophic summer recruitment campaign if indeed things are this bad.

As mentioned, it looks as though Cantwell and Max are going nowhere this window.

A basic review of the latest set of accounts make it very clear that there is simply no money to invest in players in January.

Players need to be sold in either this or the next transfer window just to meet liabilities already incurred - sadly, it appears that the opportunity to invest wisely in players in the summer has been wasted.

Dean could be being a bit cute here.....He's putting the ball in the court of the Board.....Basically saying we are going with what we've got....

Which is, not a lot.....

Not surprise at all that we not use this window.

First because we spent crazy money in summer ,squad is so big and also January is very hard and so inflated market at all.

We are only 3 pts from 18 place but same time if we keep low confidence and not win Everton and Watford next week we are done really.

We lost momentum after Smith come and win good points  and Byram today confirmed that confidence is gone.Low quality team have zero chance to performs if confidence and morale is low, same time we as a fans not help all this situations and give up so early.

I was at Charlton game this Sunday and our fans was quite sarcastick on big parts of the game singing "we are ****"we have shoot"we have goal halala jokes.This things can't help players for sure and if we no back morale somehow very soon we for sure  no need any transfers because this club at this mood will break many negative records.

I have no hopes for West Ham away but 1 win can help a lot and I target Everton at home our last chance to back some hopes and change a mood a bit...

4 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I can see Cantwell being one of those 11th hour deals on the day the window closes.

Yep, which will give us no time to get a suitable player in. Seems odd in this day and age that this club hasn't "budgeted" for Jan.

If we did indeed blow our entire budget in Summer, that is p*ss poor planning by the club! 

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Yep, which will give us no time to get a suitable player in. Seems odd in this day and age that this club hasn't "budgeted" for Jan.

If we did indeed blow our entire budget in Summer, that is p*ss poor planning by the club! 

Do keep up 😃

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Do keep up 😃

Oh yeah, just noticed there was a page 2 which I didn't read 🤣

While it's most likely down to having spent all our transfer funds in the summer, Smith's also not going to come out and say "yeah, we need to strengthen this position", or "we want to sign that player" and put us in a weaker negotiating position than we're already in.