Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Can we still stay up?

The problem with this mentality we have is that it's a bit "first season back after a while".

That season we finally went back up under Worthington, it was an exciting prospect to get back to the likes of Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury etc. even though we knew we'd probably get trounced and likely get relegated again.

We have had that already and yet the club still act like we should be happy to be in the prem even if we never get a point again.

We need to move on from it being an acceptable outcome to be the whipping boys. I want our players and management to be angry and embarrassed at this situation, I want Deano in that boardroom demanding we do something, anything to try improve things.

You can't tell me we don't have £10m to go and sign someone that might make a difference. We are chronicly short of energy in the middle and ideas in the final third and yet we don't think we can improve those areas.

The whole situation absolutely stinks.

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I have a patent and legal copyright on those lyrics, and if anyone ever dare sing it!?..... I'll see them in.....the pub.....

Along Come Norwich has no regrets over Farke mural on pub | Norwich Evening  News

....and we'll sing it again....and again....and again.....

This thread shows just how devoid of any footballing knowledge, or even the ability to think rationally, most football fans are. 

This forum seems very well stocked with those types. Evidence being the obsession with believing the answer to our problems is... Sorenson 😂

I mean, seriously. Its pathetic. 

And to top that we now have some fool claiming we can stay up, and do it with two full backs in Central midfield. 

Ludicrous and tbh a little tragic. 

Yes, it is currently possible to stay up but the amount of change required for that to happen is huge, not necessarily in players but attitude, desire, commitment and being a complete team, if this can be done then why not, the problem is we are already over half way through the season and not seen it yet, and the longer we play the same way the less survival is achievable, as mathematically it will not be possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t blame the fans, the ones that watch every match home and away must be losing the will to live by now. The players have underperformed, Webber’s had a stinker in the transfer market and the owners only have something to say when the goings good. 

Why peddle lies?

Delia has literally spoken out around the time of the Farke sacking, one of the lowest points in recent seasons.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why peddle lies?

Delia has literally spoken out around the time of the Farke sacking, one of the lowest points in recent seasons.

To 3rd parties on some food show or something similar. She’s the first in the queue to grab the adulation when things go well. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

To 3rd parties on some food show or something similar. She’s the first in the queue to grab the adulation when things go well. 

Ah, so she did speak. So you were lying. Thanks for clearing it up at least!

When things are going well we're in the media's eye and shockingly they want an interview with the celebrity chef owner.

When thing's aren't going well Sky Sports couldn't care less about speaking with our owners.

It's so obvious it's painful. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

When things are going well we're in the media's eye and shockingly they want an interview with the celebrity chef owner.

When thing's aren't going well Sky Sports couldn't care less about speaking with our owners.

Maybe speak to the clubs fans on the Pinkun, in a match day programme or a podcast. She doesn’t have to wait to be invited by Sky. 

Why van't we stay up?  Just a few reasons.

Cannot score

Cannot defend

A missing midfield who are unable to create opportunities for our forwards or protect the defence.

We are using a new formation which exacerbates all of the above.

Think that says it all.

And further OP is a deluded idiot for even considering survival.

Highly unlikely.

Sadly I don't think anyone at the club believes it either.

We just feel very broken on and off the pitch at the moment.

• Like 1

Think the question is more whether we can be competitive in games and less of a laughing stock. There were promising signs of this in SAS's first games before the covid/injury crisis: the immediate challenge is to get back to that, rather than fantasising about a miraculous survival.

At this point I'd be delighted if we somehow didn't finish bottom, and there were some encouraging signs for next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

From what I recall it was a cosy little chat on breakfast TV about nothing of any significance whatsoever.  She and the rest of the Board (i.e. her husband) certainly haven't put their heads above the parapet to address our current problems and it was fortunate for them that they sacked Farke and appointed Dean Smith just before the AGM so that there was a little bit of optimism amongst those in the room.

Is this a teaser Lakey ?

Normally at the worst of times you tell us how good it will be next week, but I wonder ( just asking ) if at the back of your head you hope we go down so you can blame it on the sacking of Farke. 

No.

We should have at least three big, powerful, nasty "breakers" in the squad to drop into the DM position/s ... we have zero and I would be stunned if that changes this window.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary