Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

We take Pukki for granted.

He's a brilliant footballer. We've been lucky to have him. 

It's fashionable to bash our recruitment at the moment, for understandable reasons, so it's also worth saying he was lucky we took a punt on him and helped him resurrect his career.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Surely his contract doesn't expire this year. 

I know people are questioning Webber's competence but there is no way he'd leave us in a position where Pukki could sign with another club now.

I'd also like to think that Pukki is one of the few remaining players who has a bit of respect and loyalty to the club so would be willing to sign a new contract so we could at least get a decent transfer fee for him IF he did want a new challenge (are you listening Mr Cantwell!)

If I recall it correctly, it is similar as with Cantwell that there is one year extension option for club in his contract.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Surely his contract doesn't expire this year. 

I know people are questioning Webber's competence but there is no way he'd leave us in a position where Pukki could sign with another club now.

I'd also like to think that Pukki is one of the few remaining players who has a bit of respect and loyalty to the club so would be willing to sign a new contract so we could at least get a decent transfer fee for him IF he did want a new challenge (are you listening Mr Cantwell!)

Are you sure? Spreadsheet says no.

Just watching the City View. He completely changed the game. You can see in his body language just how much he is ready to assert himself on games and force things to happen.

Contrast that to Tzolis in that video at half time who looked completely shell-shocked and was subsequently hooked, not for the first time this season. I genuinely fear for him if he doesn't find his feet soon. For all the hate Sargent gets, Tzolis has been a far bigger flop so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Just watching the City View. He completely changed the game. You can see in his body language just how much he is ready to assert himself on games and force things to happen.

Contrast that to Tzolis in that video at half time who looked completely shell-shocked and was subsequently hooked, not for the first time this season. I genuinely fear for him if he doesn't find his feet soon. For all the hate Sargent gets, Tzolis has been a far bigger flop so far.

Bigger flop because much greater skill. I don't know what has happened to him. He really looked up for it in the game against Bournemouth. OK, poorer opposition, I know, but he was confident and motivated and eager for the ball. It genuinely did look as if the wonderkid label might actually turn out to be true. Now, just four months later, he looks a ghost of that player, barely interested.

I don't think we should give up yet because the skill is definitely there. But we need to start sorting out what has gone wrong, and we need to do it quickly if 9m wasted on Sargent isn't to become 18m wasted on Sargent and Tzolis.

24 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Bigger flop because much greater skill. I don't know what has happened to him. He really looked up for it in the game against Bournemouth. OK, poorer opposition, I know, but he was confident and motivated and eager for the ball. It genuinely did look as if the wonderkid label might actually turn out to be true. Now, just four months later, he looks a ghost of that player, barely interested.

I don't think we should give up yet because the skill is definitely there. But we need to start sorting out what has gone wrong, and we need to do it quickly if 9m wasted on Sargent isn't to become 18m wasted on Sargent and Tzolis.

penalty against Liverpool and Farke public critics after game ruined him.

He is only 19 y old boy who live always with his parents and have 1 good year on average at best Greek top league.

Greek compared to England is 2 different planets and we risk a lot with him at this age.I see Tzolis on loan in Europe or Greece very soon because he look lost at moment.

Bring back Onel and send back Tzolis on loan is best at moment we can do imo.