Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Name That Team, 1973 League Cup Final

good game for us anoraks.

my first trip to wembley (8 years old)

scored 9/11 . stuck on midfield(8) and one of the strikers but i must surely get 50 bonus points for remembering the sub - Jim Blair?

Now for the Tottenham lineup.....

Young? Hardly, but I was born in 1973 so I''ve got no chance :)There was a City game on that very evening, my parent''s Mini van getting stuck in the traffic meant I was well on my way into the world as they passed Carrow road. Texaco cup iirc, think we won too!

Our coach was late arriving that day, and we missed the start of the match. I have successfully managed to repress most of what followed, but can''t the shift the image of Ralph Coates doing a rather clumsy somersault after his goal, comb-over trailing in the wind.

I was 5 years old! This was the year I went to see my first game at Carrow Road v Luton Town (might have been reserves, I can''t remember). I do recall we won 2-1 and I watched one half from behind the Barclay goal, before walking through the South Stand to watch the second half at the River End, thus watching Norwich attack both halves!I only remembered 6 players, even though my Dad went to the Final and brought me a programme back.