54 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

I thought he was poor too. I actually thought Kenny was the better of a bad bunch in the first half until the game-savers came on. 

We seem to be very quick to find potential saviours as much as we are to find scapegoats. Gilmour being the latest example of both ends of the realm. The whole stadium roaring him on in applause against Southampton in November, then singing "Fck off" to him 5 weeks later in December.

…or maybe most moany ol’ fickle b’stards. 👀

It's cuz Gilmour wasnt playing. It's called the 'Becchio effect'. Whoever is not in the first team instantly becomes our best player. Until they grace the first team and we see them play on the pitch and not in our minds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Today we saw what so many posters on here have been yearning for for so long. Sorenson playing a full 90 minutes as a defensive midfielder.

How do you feel it went?

Personally I feel I can understand why Daniel Farke and, until today, Dean Smith have played him in defence but not in midfield.

I have seen him play well at left back and in the centre of defence, but today I was not impressed.

Do you still feel he should be in midfield?

Sadly he's just another one who's not good enough for this level.

He was disappointing but in mitigation is getting used to a position he’s not been played in for 2 years in a team that are all playing terribly so I wouldn’t completely write him off yet. 

PLM was way worse. He was abysmal.

Byrsm was poor too. 

Like several players yesterday he wasn't great but we looked every inch a team who had only won thrice this season and who were devoid if confidence and belief. Throw in the Covid issues and its been a mess of a season so far and many of our players seem like they are stuck in a rut of bad form and have their heads down. 

The best thing about yesterday was that we went through with a clean sheet but other than that it was utterly forgettable. The sooner Normann returns the better. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I thought the whole midfield were awful tbh. 

OTBC

The whole team was awful tbf, outplayed by a league 1 team 🤣. Imagine if we played Ipswich 😳

14 hours ago, Basel_NCFC said:

But sadly these games should have come in pre season... Cannot be allowing him a few games now to sharpen his craft. 

Why not? We aren't exactly putting points on the table atm

On 10/01/2022 at 21:05, NFN FC said:

Why not? We aren't exactly putting points on the table atm

Good call mate,  maybe plan for next season already? 

You've gotta feel for Lungi 

NCFC have their weakest midfield in history, literally ran through every week 

This week he gets a chance to start in the cup.

With no one available surely this is his Premier League time to shine.

Oh no, Smith drops to a two in midfield, you couldn't write it.

I think it’s a little harsh to Judge him in a game where the whole team was poor but still won. The thing with a Sorensen is he’s never had a run of games in central midfield so he’s never acquired the match fitness needed. Yes he’s not the most dynamic but just playing the odd 15 minutes here and there after LB stint didn’t allow him to adapt to the pace of transitions in midfield. 

Before Smith come in he hasn’t played a full game in midfield since Bournemouth, then was left out by Farke for match day Swiss so him coming in and having high expectations to be the Ideal 6 straight away isn’t realistic, especially when he’s has to play out of position again in the games he’s played. You can see it when the Centre backs have possession he doesn’t get in the positions to receive because he’s not done it consistently since his Esbjerg days. It’s takes time to get that rhythm again but the problem is in the PL when you need wins you can’t be afforded that time. 

He can’t be judged properly until he has a run of games together in midfield where he gets sharper and fitter but it’s unlikely he’ll get that chance when everyone is back from injury.