Started badly, and has made steady progress to bloomin awful. Wouldn't get on the Charlton bench, even if they were only allowed to pick from their available ginger American strikers.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Too late to ask for a refund? Or is 'runs around a lot and gets on well with the lads' enough of a reason to keep him around in the 1st team?

There are people on here who seriously think we can coach him into having a good first touch and give him the finishing ability of Gary Hooper.

If he hasn't picked that up in the first 16 years of kicking a football around then no chance he'll learn it in the next few. Either a kid has it or they don't, to sign Hugill and then replace him with Sideshow bob... should be a resigning issue for Webber. 

Get off his back for Christ's sake. He is a Norwich player. No fault of his we paid a lot of Money for him . How about giving him a break and seeing how he does with some positive backing !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I mean the chap is still bereft of confidence. And perhaps, just perhaps a consistent run could help him. But I highly doubt he’s the answer in the Champ next season. Smith is really going to need to think about who’s going to be up front bar Pukki ‘cos it ain’t Hugill and it ain’t Sargent. 

8 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Couldn't even score against a league 1 side, what level is he at league 2 or non league at best. 

It's not so much he didn't score, his overall play was effing dreadful. Absolutely have to cut our losses on him. Can't see him leaving in January but his agent needs a bit of encouragement to find him another club. Right now he's a blockage to other players progressing.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Too late to ask for a refund? Or is 'runs around a lot and gets on well with the lads' enough of a reason to keep him around in the 1st team?

"Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly. ... And if this isn't possible, or is unsuccessful, you have the right to receive a price reduction."

Unsatisfactory quality (zero goals)- check

unfit for purpose (can't trap a bag of cement) - check

or not as described (a striker? REALLY???) - check

OTBC

• Haha 1

How many damn times are we going to keep going on about this. We all have eyes, we can all see. It's bad enough him having to play against eleven opposition players as well as so many so called supporters. Do you really think that keep going on, and on, and on about this will help in any way?

• Like 3

He's the worst signing this club has ever made and ever will make. A dreadful, dreadful footballer. As someone said above, it's not his fault we paid 9 million pounds for him, but that doesn't mean we can't criticise him. I would be happy if he never played for us again. Get rid asap and take a loss. Truly think we'd be lucky to get 10% of what we paid for him back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Get off his back for Christ's sake. He is a Norwich player. No fault of his we paid a lot of Money for him . How about giving him a break and seeing how he does with some positive backing !

So how do you give him positive backing?

Somewhere out there Ricky Van Wolfswinkel is quietly sipping on his camomile tea, relaxing in his recliner with a wry smile on his face… 

I can’t deny he’s had a disappointing season for us. If only he’d scored that goal against Brighton, maybe it all would have been very different.

The only thing I can say in his defence is that if he was as bad as people make out, he wouldn’t be selected. So Smith and Shakespeare must see something in training that we don’t see ourselves on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

If the manager of the team picks him, then he should be supported.

If you want to complain about anything complain about the man who picks him or the man who bought him.

6 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I can’t deny he’s had a disappointing season for us. If only he’d scored that goal against Brighton, maybe it all would have been very different.

The only thing I can say in his defence is that if he was as bad as people make out, he wouldn’t be selected. So Smith and Shakespeare must see something in training that we don’t see ourselves on the pitch.

Well.. I kind of think SaS have their hands tied. They don’t have a whole load of choice. Pukki can’t play every game. 

29 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

He's the worst signing this club has ever made and ever will make. A dreadful, dreadful footballer. As someone said above, it's not his fault we paid 9 million pounds for him, but that doesn't mean we can't criticise him. I would be happy if he never played for us again. Get rid asap and take a loss. Truly think we'd be lucky to get 10% of what we paid for him back.

Are you sure? 

We signed another 21 year old a year ago on a 4 year contract. Now he has gone to a French third division club.

No point hassling young players. They can only learn with experience beside them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

That's all true but half a season has shown he's simply not good enough at this level.

He should be dropped and given some time in u-23s to regain confidence before we give him a run out in the Championship next season. 

He’s certainly close for the money spent. Can’t trap the ball, awful first touch and panics when in front of goal. Today he looked the worst technical player on the pitch - but that said he certainly doesn’t deserve being singled out - because Gianoullis had a shocker, Byram gave away acres of space, the entire midfield were second best to Charlton and the defence looked panicky - it really was a poor showing - though we looked vastly improved once the goal went in and Rashica, Aarons and Pukki made the difference 

42 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

U get behind him and don't continue to slate him on here for starters 

1 minute ago, raunds canary said:

I get the sentiment - and I feel for him as he is an honest player but just not good enough. But I am afraid if you cost 9 million and are paid a fortune to play football - you can’t be surprised if fans criticise performances well below the required level. I say get him into under 23s and play a youngster - perhaps a loan to a Micky mouse division. Because the bloke is totally out of his depth and it won’t turn around in a hundred years 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I get the sentiment - and I feel for him as he is an honest player but just not good enough. But I am afraid if you cost 9 million and are paid a fortune to play football - you can’t be surprised if fans criticise performances well below the required level. I say get him into under 23s and play a youngster - perhaps a loan to a Micky mouse division. Because the bloke is totally out of his depth and it won’t turn around in a hundred years 

Then why the hell do two very experienced managers continue to pick him.

The player does not pick himself.

4 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

This is bonkers. As long as it's not personal there's nothing wrong with fair criticism. You think the pundits on Match of the Day only say how fantastic players are in teams occupying the relegation zone? He is paid a fortune, commanded the 7th highest transfer fees in the club's history and is playing extremely poorly. It is absolutely fair that fans on a discussion forum can debate his performance and whether he should be in the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Then why the hell do two very experienced managers continue to pick him.

The player does not pick himself.

I don’t know. Nor why they play PLM. But maybe Because he is a good athlete- if not a good footballer -and at least tries hard and runs around a lot which is more than most of the current crop? And who else is there? Idah is also looking under par for what is needed and…

59 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

He scored two against Bournemouth in the EFL Cup!!

Take a look at the second of those goals and how he almost managed to turn a one-yard tap in into a miss.

• Like 1

At the game today we were saying how both Sargent and Tzolis were rather disappointing and cost, what, £20m+.   At least with Sargent you can see that there’s a lot of effort going in, but he just looks a bit too ‘gangly’ somehow.  I’m sadly not sure what Tzolis has done for his money yet….both may yet come good, but if we’re honest neither were quite what we needed this season, which was players who could hit the ground running. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Are you sure? 

We signed another 21 year old a year ago on a 4 year contract. Now he has gone to a French third division club.

No point hassling young players. They can only learn with experience beside them.

We paid 300k for Sitti. We paid 30 times that for Sargent. Yes, I'm sure.