Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile..

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ever been glad the owners didn't? 

Delia, Delia, Delia

No.

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I said elsewhere at least they're doing something. If they're the representation for the Delia Out movement though, she isn't leaving anytime soon 😅

Why is that? Do you know their jobs or educational achievements or is it just your superiority complex that allows you to dismiss legitimate protests as nothing more than thick kids? At least the are not accepting of our appalling position and performances like some on here...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Fair enough.

What a waste of so many years though.

Did you go to Wembley in 2015?

Keep hanging onto the past, you sound like them lot down the road. There's only one way we're heading under their ownership and it isn't up. 

Edited by crab man
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Fair enough.

What a waste of so many years though.

Did you go to Wembley in 2015?

Did you go to Wembley in 1985? Did you support Chase Nutty, or was you part of the movement for change in 1993/4? Times move on and if people believe it’s their opinion for a change that’s their prerogative! 
For me I couldn’t care less, who owns the club as long as the players and staff do their best. I have no control over anything so can’t get so worked up as some fans now. Times have changed and football has moved on too…….best try to enjoy it if not no one, is forced to watch or pay to attend the games…👍

Edited by Indy

23 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

Yes I do remember them fondly but the good years have immediately been cancelled out by bad ones with the exception of the promotion under Lambert and yes I have been of the mind that Delia should have sold up in 2009 after relegation.

So only the Lambert promotion was a good one?

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Why is that? Do you know their jobs or educational achievements or is it just your superiority complex that allows you to dismiss legitimate protests as nothing more than thick kids? At least the are not accepting of our appalling position and performances like some on here...

Hey, its just a hunch. We will see if they manage to legitimately achieve anything or if I'm right about them, won't we?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crab man said:

Keep hanging onto the past, you sound like them lot down the road. There's only one way we're heading under their ownership and it isn't up. 

Yes I know plenty think the same as you. It's been that way since 2006. How much past is that?

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yeah but I'm not sure even that one should count because...yknow...Delia?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Did you go to Wembley in 1985? Did you support Chase Nutty, or was you part of the movement for change in 1993/4? Times move on and if people believe it’s their opinion for a change that’s their prerogative! 
For me I couldn’t care less, who owns the club as long as the players and staff do their best. I have no control over anything so can’t get so worked up as some fans now. Times have changed and football has moved on too…….best try to enjoy it if not no one is forced to watch or pay to attend the games…👍

Are you mixing me up with someone else Indy?

I have zero problem with the fans who protest. They're at the game after all. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Are you mixing me up with someone else Indy?

I have zero problem with the fans who protest. They're at the game after all. 

Nope Nutty, I’m pointing out like you did that a visit to wembley in the past has little perspective to current views. 
But agree with your point, if people are so anti the clubs situation and it’s impacting their life then maybe it’s time for them to accept the current level we can achieve and live with the clubs owners, structure and vision! If not they can do something else and enjoy life…..

Edited by Indy

Yes and can't deny that was the best experience in almost 50 years supporting the club, problem is we were back in the Championship 12 months later because we didn't have the finance to compete and the same in 2019/20 and looking very much like the same outcome this year. We did spend more money this time but we only signed players with potential to develop and sell them for a profit because our self funding model means we can't afford to sign and pay higher wages to better players.

It's not only on the playing side that lack of funds is restricting us, the City stand is an embarrassment and should have been extended years ago but yet again we can't afford to do the job.

Do you not think it's time the owners sold up and gave someone else a chance? They are both in their 80's after all.

For what it's worth I hate the way football is dominated by money but sadly that's the way it is but sadly a self funding club like us will always struggle to compete in the prem.

13 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yes because we stayed up for a few years.

Just now, Indy said:

Nope Nutty, I’m pointing out like you did that a visit to wembley in the past has little perspective to current views. 
But agree with your point, if people are so anti the clubs situation and it’s impacting their life then maybe it’s time for them to accept the current level we can achieve and live with the clubs owners, structure and vision!

It's just the absolute weather houses on here who come out when it rains but disappear when the sunshines.

IMG_20220109_191835.jpg.1f1e05c37df3fb8cde5e4ddbc5f7f680.jpg

The sun will be out again before you know it 🌦️🌤️🌞

2 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

Yes and can't deny that was the best experience in almost 50 years supporting the club, problem is we were back in the Championship 12 months later because we didn't have the finance to compete and the same in 2019/20 and looking very much like the same outcome this year. We did spend more money this time but we only signed players with potential to develop and sell them for a profit because our self funding model means we can't afford to sign and pay higher wages to better players.

It's not only on the playing side that lack of funds is restricting us, the City stand is an embarrassment and should have been extended years ago but yet again we can't afford to do the job.

Do you not think it's time the owners sold up and gave someone else a chance? They are both in their 80's after all.

For what it's worth I hate the way football is dominated by money but sadly that's the way it is but sadly a self funding club like us will always struggle to compete in the prem.

I just think there's less than 50% chance that new owners would improve anything and could just as easily make things worse. And 'our lot' is not bad enough to warrant the risk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

It's just the absolute weather houses on here who come out when it rains but disappear when the sunshines.

IMG_20220109_191835.jpg.1f1e05c37df3fb8cde5e4ddbc5f7f680.jpg

The sun will be out again before you know it 🌦️🌤️🌞

That’s true, we’re a club who’s house is currently in a very rich suburb, unfortunately we own a mobile home and those around us don’t like us bringing down the value of their assets, but no matter we can’t afford to stay here long so soon enough we’ll be leaving back to our own suburb in that land of EFL. The sun will shine again (we hope). 💛💚

Most of them look under 25. Which means for almost all of their conscious years of being a Norwich fan, they've only seen the club in the Premier League or challenging for promotion. Spoilt brats. 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I just think there's less than 50% chance that new owners would improve anything and could just as easily make things worse. And 'our lot' is not bad enough to warrant the risk.

Yes that’s true! But then again look at Forrest, they’ve new owners, Cat 1, new training ground being built and that old stand to be demolished for a brand new one, planning permission granted! Sometimes it can be good for a club. But sometimes it can go bad too!

Thats the gamble, or we can just stay as we are, it’s always easy to just be happy with our lot, no disappointment then, we know what we have. 

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm sure if they put the club up for sale there would be some interested parties, with some due dilligence on their part the odds could be improved somewhat.

4 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

I'm sure if they put the club up for sale there would be some interested parties, with some due dilligence on their part the odds could be improved somewhat.

Of course they would but who be would daft enough to put their investment into the hands of Smith and Jones for them to fritter away without ever relinquishing total control?

People make billions by being smart, not stupid.

Edited by Nora's Ghost

If they're being civil in protest then whether I personally agree or not is a completely moot point. I don't agree so far, but as said, if they're being civil, fair play to them.

Edited by TheGunnShow

7 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

I doubt it. But who knows. Surely if the wealth of owner is the defining factor then it's a top 17 owner for a top 17 club. There are far wealthier owners than ours who never get a sniff at the PL.

9 minutes ago, Wardogz said:

Most of them look under 25. Which means for almost all of their conscious years of being a Norwich fan, they've only seen the club in the Premier League or challenging for promotion. Spoilt brats. 

Spoil brats? Jesus... 

They're still capable of judging the football landscape and see the direction the club appears to be heading.

They're probably don't want to be the next Ipswich Town. I kind'a get that...

16 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

Yes because we stayed up for a few years.

That success which then allowed the club to financially reimburse our humble majority shareholding duo and Mr Foulger their personal loans to the club......For which I'm sure they're forever grateful....

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hey, its just a hunch. We will see if they manage to legitimately achieve anything or if I'm right about them, won't we?

And in the meantime show them the same respect you'd expect from fellow fans...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Based on what? It seems to me you are saying, the same owners and no more progress (that is 100% certain) or new owners and it may not get better but it could? Would the current owners, being as great as they are, find us the owners to take as forward? Or is there no one as talented as the current ownership and structure?