Capt. Pants

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Charlton ****

Just now, Bovril said:

I think that game summed up everything we already knew. 

We have a few players that can give it a great shot in the Premier League; Pukki, Rashica, Krul, Normann, Aarons, Hanley (borderline).

The rest are not even Championship standard. 

Not really.

Dowell, McLean, Giannoulis were all part of a championship title winning team. That suggests they are very comfortably championship standard. 

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

So who do we want in the next round?

Oh who cares it's gonna be liverpool or west ham away let's be honest

I would be worried about Kidderminster.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, Newcastle got knocked out. There's been some upsets. We were diabolical first half but better second, still nothing special. Sorensen is not the answer to any question.

Have you not learnt? Our best players are the ones who aren’t playing. As soon as they get game time, they’re rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have booked my premier Inn for may 14th in London. Josh Sargent winner in the 76th minute as Norwich come from behind to win the FA cup for the first time in their history with a 2-1 victory over West ham. A week after completing a remarkable escape from relegation from the premier League after a 1-0 over spurs in the final game of the season ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Is there an ETA for Normann? We need him to have any chance.

• Haha 1

So we had all the early season excuses about the fixtures. And we are out of our depth. But today we were playing an L1 side with a novice up front who tormented us once or twice. What was the reason for another bad performance other than we are in a really bad place with nobody to lift us out of it. We have bought inferior players and have no leader among the players.

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, Newcastle got knocked out. There's been some upsets. We were diabolical first half but better second, still nothing special. Sorensen is not the answer to any question.

Maybe not, but he's more of an answer to any question than Sargent.

Think there's more chance of Shamina Begum coming home than the FA Cup. That said, we had a lot coming back from injury needing game time in legs, with a very tricky away tie against a side who were bang up for it. Newcastle and Burnley both got beat at home, we just about scraped in through a tough away one.

It was never likely to be a great performance, but it is a reminder to the lads that they can dig deep. Good football comes with confidence. Confidence comes from wins. We didn't even bloody score in December.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

I have booked my premier Inn for may 14th in London. Josh Sargent winner in the 76th minute as Norwich come from behind to win the FA cup for the first time in their history with a 2-1 victory over West ham. A week after completing a remarkable escape from relegation from the premier League after a 1-0 over spurs in the final game of the season ....

I’ll have some of whatever you’re drinking please! Priority was to get through and we’ve done that. Not gonna give us many style points though!

9 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Hah, I'd drag 'em to Elite Boxing, where I trained for four years, and I'll bet they'd cr-a-p themselves in the first ten minutes.

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I really want Cambridge United in the next round, Wessiunion

Yes please.

Would probably be the biggest Crowd and best atmosphere of the season.

As little as 3 years ago we had a team that just attacked and looked like scoring from anywhere. It was packed with players comfortable on the ball in midfield and an ability to pick a pass, atheletes at full back. I get that the team got found out for it’s naivety at the top level but how the hell have we ended up here??? So very poor. If we don’t sign a midfielder, and some how miraculously get Todd, Normann, Rashica and Pukki playing out of their skins then we are done for.

6 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Kabakaze? Whilst we're coming up with nicknames?

You just made him sound like some Georgian prop or something.

14 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

What on earth is that???🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Kabakaze? Whilst we're coming up with nicknames?

More Kabakkhazi  than kamikaze. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

You gotta believe!  

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

More Kabakkhazi  than kamikaze. 

That was definitely a cut above your average bog-standard wordplay. Well played, Corky, well played.

Lots of absurd comments, we’ve been knocked out of cups lots of times by teams no better than Charlton, people are being really wet. Not a great performance, but it’s an away win and we’re into the 4th round.

Didn’t the scum get knocked out before the big teams joined in the 3rd round? Puts it into perspective.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Maybe not, but he's more of an answer to any question than Sargent.

Hard to disagree 

36 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Sadly the FA Cup final is during the season…two games left after it’s played. Be nice to win the cup then the last two games to stay up though!