Capt. Pants

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Charlton ****

Cantwell saga goes on…. A knock, really? I’ve loved him  as a player previously but it’s a right circus now..sooner he leaves the better.

Anyhow, what I’m really hoping for is a couple of goals for Sargent, I know most don’t rate him but a couple of goals could give him a much needed boost. He may then be a decent and useful player (even next year IF we are in championship).

• Like 3

Mclean in the middle, Sargent striker and Dowel on the wing..

Nice of Cantwell to confirm to everyones he's leaving by not bothering to even show up on the bench for the cup despite being in training, would have been nice of him to at least have a sendoff today but nevermind he's clearly too bigtime for that now.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

No Gilmour. Is that a cup thing or is he ill/injured?

On his way back to Chelsea 😉

The fact hardly anybody has even mentioned hes missing says it all

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mclean in the middle, Sargent striker and Dowel on the wing..

Nice of Cantwell to confirm to everyones he's leaving by not bothering to even show up on the bench for the cup despite being in training, would have been nice of him to at least have a sendoff today but nevermind he's clearly too bigtime for that now.

If Cantwell was in need of minutes, as has been said by multiple posters, then this was the game to find them. Not even on the bench suggests club expect to be rid by the end of this window

Edited by The Great Mass Debater
  • Like 1

Gibbs on the bench is also interesting. Again, no faith being shown in Idah - not saying I disagree but seemingly not confident he could do the business today against League One opposition. Speaks volumes for me

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Surprised Gunn is not in goal. Custom seems to be that second choice keepers get to play the cup games. Wonder if they feel Krul simply needs a run-out

Would not be too surpised if Gunn comes on for second half, probably just trying to get Krul back to sharpness before Wednesday

Wow. My post has gone straight to the moderator! All I posted was that it is not televised on a popular little river. Fluk me. This is a major downturn for the Pink un. 

Edited by The Bristol Nest
Poor grammar.

Looking forward to seeing Dowell's blistering pace on the right wing. Presumably he will be cutting inside a lot. Hope Rashica gets a run on that right wing - though he has played his best football for us on the left flank.

I still think we should be crossing, but in Pukki we have zero aerial threat so perhaps inverted wingers is the way forward. Sargent should offer an aerial threat today

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Pukki on the bench. Gives some hope.

Hopefuly gets a runabout in the second half with Rashica. Getting a goal will do him a world of good whe it comes to his confidence

Hopefully we can get Tzolis really involved today and a goal for Josh would be ace.

Pleased to see Sorensen in his natural position (some say) but McLean and PLM would fill me with dread for a league game, but hopefully good enough for today's task!

20 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

No Gilmour. Is that a cup thing or is he ill/injured?

Strange he's not on the bench. I would guess he's just be taken out of the firing line.

Without him and Normann that midfield is a bit 'meh'.

Smith bigging Rowe up lately trust not in squad due to unfortunate injury rather than Smith's attitude to our promising youngsters.  Mumba never given opportunity to blossom in a team of serial underachievers.

1 minute ago, pete said:

Smith bigging Rowe up lately trust not in squad due to unfortunate injury rather than Smith's attitude to our promising youngsters.  Mumba never given opportunity to blossom in a team of serial underachievers.

Apparently he is ill.

26 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If Cantwell was in need of minutes, as has been said by multiple posters, then this was the game to find them. Not even on the bench suggests club expect to be rid by the end of this window

Basic economics. Making Cantwell cup tied would lower his value even further. 

Lose today and the boos will be getting  bigger BOOOOOOOOOOOs and shouts of the players not fit to wear the shirt and so on