Sign in to follow this  
pete

Cantwell in demand apparently

They can't all be wrong.

Hero to zero in one season?

Managing is also about nurturing and guiding players. And sometimes some need a bit of a hug rather than the hairdryer.

• Like 2

Allegedly another "knock" kept him out again today.

Seems like everytime he is declared fit at the presser something mysteriously happens that rules him out.

The sooner he is gone the better

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Allegedly another "knock" kept him out again today.

Seems like everytime he is declared fit at the presser something mysteriously happens that rules him out.

The sooner he is gone the better

Is there any part of his body that hasn't been crocked by now? Oh yes, his ego. That seems intact.

Well we shall see if anyone really rates him or it’s all agent & paper talk. I’m not sure any of the top teams will buy a player so out of form with clearly some off field issues be it fitness or other. At least he’s not cup tied himself clever boy!

Failing to get a move for bargain price will see Todd revitalised, and playing again.  If Smith feels he can trust him

like i said on another thread if he can not play for us due to family problems  illness 

how can he join another club and start playing ?

you would of thought if family problems was the case a move would be last thing on his mind right now 

a lot of questions will be answered in the next couple of weeks 

Villa fans don’t want him anymore. Their words not mine, if he is not even as good as the lump of lard we sold them in the summer he must be totally appalling.

20 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Villa fans don’t want him anymore. Their words not mine, if he is not even as good as the lump of lard we sold them in the summer he must be totally appalling.

WWB as much as I like Buendia, and I really appreciate what he did for us as a player, there’s a naughty part of me loves the fact he’s not had the impact Villa thought they’d bought! I really hope he hates it there, Villa is a club I just can’t say I’ve ever liked……****ty supporters, like Leeds think they’re a huge club!

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

WWB as much as I like Buendia, and I really appreciate what he did for us as a player, there’s a naughty part of me loves the fact he’s not had the impact Villa thought they’d bought! I really hope he hates it there, Villa is a club I just can’t say I’ve ever liked……****ty supporters, like Leeds think they’re a huge club!

Agreed with you on Emi. But I do think Villa is a huge club. You don’t get in Coutinho if you’re not. And Gerrard seems to have had an incredible effect. I used to dislike them but I’ve warned to them lately. They’ve sold their best player but seem to have bought wisely and have kicked on. Unlike some others… *cough cough…

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed lol

Now they have signed Courthinio I suspect Emi ain’t getting much game time, but of course I maybe wrong. If that is the case I wonder if we will be seeing some South American tantrums.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed lol

Now they have signed Courthinio I suspect Emi ain’t getting much game time, but of course I maybe wrong. If that is the case I wonder if we will be seeing some South American tantrums.

Yep Courthinio is a good signing on paper and the Gerrard link got that over the line along with the money from Grealish no doubt…..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed lol

On a side note, we can maybe make a cheeky little offer for Buendia in this window? Say ten million!😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

On a side note, we can maybe make a cheeky little offer for Buendia in this window? Say ten million!😂

Probably finish up at Arsenal.

If he was to have a sulk at Villa it won’t be like Norwich, how do we get our best player back playing, nobody will care.

He is a very good player and I really have enjoyed watching him at his best. Sadly I dont think we will see that again at Norwich. Good luck to you Todd and Im sure you will flourish when you move to another PL club, 

19 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Is there any part of his body that hasn't been crocked by now? Oh yes, his ego. That seems intact.

What does the gaffer think?

When asked about Cantwell last week, Smith admitted that Cantwell had been out of form (and it showed against Souhampton and Villa).

However:

"We have had no problems with him in terms of attitude and application at all."

"It is about building his confidence up as well, which had taken a bit of a hit. But there is certainly a talented footballer there."

In other words according to Smith, Cantwell is not 100% fit, but according to the boss he's doing his best to get back in shape (I don't know why he's this out of form, and for this long, there's gotta be some reason other than he's just lazy/uninterested/does give a toss). His self confidence is low. I'm sure they're working on that and I hope he gets back to his best. 

But this was all before the Charlton game, in which he was supposed to play. Then he apparently picked up a knock, yet again. Really? Well, we don't know what the real deal is but this is all getting a bit too predictable.

I'm starting to lose interest in the whole saga, and that's because of what I see as a lack of transparency, we just don't have any real info to go by. But I get it, that's football, and they don't owe us full transparency on what goes on behind the scenes.

However if (and that's a big if) what they communicate to us is for real, then it makes no sense that teams like Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds and Newcastle could be genuinely interested in his services. Personal issues, low self confidence, out of form, injury prone... yeah I'm sure Klopp or Brendan Rogers can't wait to get a player like that in.

Realistically, he should move to a smaller team. He won't get his mojo back sitting on the bench at some other Premier League club. As for the "personal issues", enough of that already. Focus on the job, no matter what the issues are.

I'd love to see him get a fresh start at a team like Sunderland, helping them get promoted at least to the Championship. There he could play 70+ minutes week in, week out and be a big fish in a small pond. Maybe after a couple of good seasons there he could move to Leicester or Leeds. Now doesn't feel like the right time.

Edited by ÅlandicCanary

By rights, he should be one of the first names of the team sheet - one of the few who have genuine premier league quality who should be helping push us up the table.

Whether it's bad luck, personal issues or ego, it's costing us big time not having one of our best players playing to his potential.  Surely we cannot continue with this for the rest of the season - either needs to get going with his A game, or sadly we need to cash in (probably at a reduced rate).

• Like 1

I think it's pretty obvious he wants to leave and it's also obvious that any incomings will need him or Aarons to leave first. 

Probably best if he goes sooner rather than later as he is obviously not going to help our cause going forward.

Lets hope there are a number of clubs after him so that we get a bit of a bidding war going on... my preference would by Newcastle as I doubt he'll show the metal needed in a relegation battle. He'd look good at Leicester with better players.

I think most responsible parents will know exactly what is wrong with Cantwell. A 'golden boy' getting everything he wanted and as a consequence then being unable to handle things when he is denied.

It's a millenial generation thing. It's everywhere.

Just get rid, obviously doesn't want to be here especially missing the Charlton game where he could have been the Star. Was upset by Emi's large pay offer.

If Villa are in for him let us do a swap for Emi who will not get much more game time now.

Just fed up with all this garbage. Let us get on to something more positive for once     . 

On 09/01/2022 at 13:16, pete said:

Leicester latest apparently and a host of others apparently.

Leicester may be looking for cheap recruits to bolster their squad we'll have to keep quiet on his fitness  

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-todd-cantwell-leicester-city-transfer-8609278 

The thing that beats me is, if England world cup star Keiron Trippier is worth 12 million to Newcastle how come Todd not done anything of note in his career Cantwell is worth 15 million.

Comparing the two is comparing dog sh1t with steak chips and a pint. 

I’ve seen some tweets on Twitter that max Aaron’s is also now on market. Is this true? I can’t see anything on this forum that this is the case.  image.thumb.jpeg.0e055554c691c415b1fd0220ff081f35.jpeg

Edited by Star55

When mentioned his fitness, one could be physical or one could  in terms of what goes on in any sportsmans head.

shame to see a local lad in this situation, but perhaps he got, with all the early praise, a big head, and thought he was better than he actually was.

clearly, for what ever reason he could not get on with DF, or it seems DS. So it would indicate it’s him rather than his managers. 

22 minutes ago, Star55 said:

I’ve seen some tweets on Twitter that max Aaron’s is also now on market. Is this true? I can’t see anything on this forum that this is the case.  image.thumb.jpeg.0e055554c691c415b1fd0220ff081f35.jpeg

We all love Max, great attitude and full commitment every time he puts the yellow shirt on. He needs the move soon to fulfil his true potential. 

• Like 1