TeemuVanBasten

Anybody else sick of Cantwell's drama...

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We had one poster claim about 4 months ago that Cantwell had a relative on the Liverpool care pathway, I think it was Pugin. That is essentially the slow withdrawal of water and sustinence until somebody dies, effectively of dehydration. I've had relatives on that, not nice, but 4 months would be a world record i should think. For my close relative it was a few days

This is incorrect. The Liverpool care pathway doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't for years. If you're talking about palliation and end of life care this is the removal of active treatment, not nutrition and hydration. It's possible people can be receiving end of life care for years.

34 minutes ago, chrisr1606 said:

This is incorrect. The Liverpool care pathway doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't for years. If you're talking about palliation and end of life care this is the removal of active treatment, not nutrition and hydration. It's possible people can be receiving end of life care for years.

Thank you @chrisr1606.

Moderators - please remove this reference from TVB. It is disgraceful and has the capacity to cause deep and unnecessary distress.

2 hours ago, Pugin said:

Thank you @chrisr1606.

Moderators - please remove this reference from TVB. It is disgraceful and has the capacity to cause deep and unnecessary distress.

Talk about wanting to create drama and being OTT. I mean, completely fine with me... 

Pugin, what actually happened to your thread where you told the whole forum that Cantwell had a relative dying and on what you called 'the end of life pathway', was that removed by moderators because it was private information that was told in confidence and shouldn't be shared publicly on the internet? Did you request that it was removed or a member of the Cantwell family?

Was it removed because it was disgraceful and had the capacity to cause deep and unnecessary distress? Or perhaps it actually did cause deep and unnecessary distress to the Cantwell's?

Lets not forget that it was you who told the 13000 members of this forum something deeply personal about Cantwell and his family, that he himself had not shared, and that you are the entire reason this dying relative rumour has been flying around on here. on twitter and facebook, and in pubs and on the concourse at Carrow Road for the three or four months that have followed, you created that speculation that keeps being bandied about on here, yes you, every post on this forum about Cantwell's allegedly sick relative, including the ones on this thread, originates from a post made by you, and then have the cheek to try and turn that on to me! Seriously!

F*ck off you complete and utter c*nt! Your thread was a complete disgrace, the repercussions are still being felt, tell me this... is it even true or did you just make it up? Either way, should you even still be on here after that? Lets give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was true, how can you justify sharing something so private which you said yourself was shared in confidence? How can you even bring yourself to log in after such a severe and public betrayal of trust? Divulging such a sensitive secret at such a difficult time for all those concerned to such a large public audience?

How can you even sleep at night knowing this? Or was your 4am post on this thread evidence that, actually, you don't? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, chrisr1606 said:

Thanks Chris, I know very little about medicine or the NHS, but I'm glad that the Liverpool Care Pathway was abolished as when my grandad was put on it... it sort of felt like he'd just had his life ended a bit early to save the state some morphine money and free up a bed, didn't sit right with me at all and I'll never really forget that. I don't know exactly how long he'd have clung onto life had he not been put on it, but even if it were just a few weeks, you still end up feeling like its some precious time that has been stolen from you. 

Although I've just read that it was abolished because a lot of NHS professionals misunderstood or misinterpreted it, and were withdrawing hydration and nutrition, which is precisely what at the time I was under the impression they'd done with my granddad - felt a bit like a state murder at the time. 

What is the equivalent pathway called now?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, chrisr1606 said:

This happened to my Grandma in November.  Removed nutrition and hydration.

• Like 1

Let’s see if his family and personal problems mysteriously disappear when his rumoured transfer goes through shall we. 

If he’s pulled himself out of a start yesterday for the reason of protecting himself pre-transfer he should be boo’d on all subsequent returns to CR.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Haus said:

This happened to my Grandma in November.  Removed nutrition and hydration.

It definitely happened with my grandad when the Liverpool care pathway was still a thing, I distinctly remember a nurse telling me they were withdrawing fluids. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know what my money is on.

Careful, aren't you already staring at a £50 loss when Cantwell moves for £10 million +?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Careful, aren't you already staring at a £50 loss when Cantwell moves for £10 million +?

Two things:

1). Its a charity donation, I do that sporadically anyway. Admittedly usually when my wife gives me a heavy nudge around christmas time. I can suck that up, its a great cause. 

2). Its actually £20,000,000+, which means I'm not going to be the one stumping up the £50. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Yes, a few points of this I can forgive his fall out the Farke IF he was ready to come back and be the Todd Cantwell we all know. Smith wiped the slate clean stuck him in the back in the team and we got a dreadful 45 minute display. Smith then takes him out of the firing gives him time to get fit or whatever and we get another bang average display.

My final point would be he seems to be the first player who is actively trying to engineer a move from Norwich in a long time. This is the most strange part of the whole saga. I mean seriously when have Norwich not sold a player. We always sell. If there was a good offer for Todd we would have sold by now end of.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Talk about wanting to create drama and being OTT. I mean, completely fine with me... 

Pugin, what actually happened to your thread where you told the whole forum that Cantwell had a relative dying and on what you called 'the end of life pathway', was that removed by moderators because it was private information that was told in confidence and shouldn't be shared publicly on the internet? Did you request that it was removed or a member of the Cantwell family?

Was it removed because it was disgraceful and had the capacity to cause deep and unnecessary distress? Or perhaps it actually did cause deep and unnecessary distress to the Cantwell's?

Lets not forget that it was you who told the 13000 members of this forum something deeply personal about Cantwell and his family, that he himself had not shared, and that you are the entire reason this dying relative rumour has been flying around on here. on twitter and facebook, and in pubs and on the concourse at Carrow Road for the three or four months that have followed, you created that speculation that keeps being bandied about on here, yes you, every post on this forum about Cantwell's allegedly sick relative, including the ones on this thread, originates from a post made by you, and then have the cheek to turn that on me! Seriously!

F*ck off you complete and utter c*nt! You are a disgrace, and the pathway post was your lowest point, the repercussions are still being felt, tell me this... is it even true or did you make it up? Either way, should you even still be on here after that? After posting something so private which you said yourself was shared in confidence? How can you even bring yourself to log in after such a severe and public betrayal of trust? Divulging such a sensitive secret at such a difficult time for all those concened?

How can you even sleep at night knowing this? Or was your 4am post on this thread evidence that, actually, you don't? 

If you're that angry at the bloke for what you think is making a pretty sick rumour like that up, you'll be pretty miffed at the person who bought it up in this thread, won't you?

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

If you're that angry at the bloke for what you think is making a pretty sick rumour like that up, you'll be pretty miffed at the person who bought it up in this thread, won't you?

No I think norfolkngood should be forgiven for touting the sick relative line, he's only sharing the rumour that Pugin started on the Pink'un four months ago.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Yes, a few points of this I can forgive his fall out the Farke IF he was ready to come back and be the Todd Cantwell we all know. Smith wiped the slate clean stuck him in the back in the team and we got a dreadful 45 minute display. Smith then takes him out of the firing gives him time to get fit or whatever and we get another bang average display.

My final point would be he seems to be the first player who is actively trying to engineer a move from Norwich in a long time. This is the most strange part of the whole saga. I mean seriously when have Norwich not sold a player. We always sell. If there was a good offer for Todd we would have sold by now end of.

In the 'old' days, a player would request to be placed on the transfer list, not always publicly. 

Cantwell looks as if he gave up on Norwich some time ago and if Newcastle come in for him, it's a no brainer where his future lies. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No I think norfolkngood should be forgiven for touting the sick relative line, he's only sharing the rumour that Pugin started on the Pink'un four months ago.

Only, Pugin said the relative was on the end of life pathway... and it has been four months. I think Pugin would quite like to put that rumour, the one that he started, firmly back in the box that he pulled it out of, which is why he's now trying to deflect onto me. Notice he's stopped talking about sick relatives and only about fitness levels now.

I never saw that thread. I've heard the sick relative line from a lot of sources, I've no idea whether it's true or not.

But the end of life pathway? Your comment in this thread is the first I've heard of it. With a tawdry "I think it came from another poster" stipulation to your needless revelation. Why even specifically mention it? You clearly think the existence of this rumour was "disgraceful" and can "cause deep and unnecessary distress", yet you bring it up in this thread, when everyone else merely alluded to the more vague and well-known sick relative rumour and then have a major wobbler at the person you "think" the rumour came from.

Very peculiar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, komakino said:

In the 'old' days, a player would request to be placed on the transfer list, not always publicly. 

Cantwell looks as if he gave up on Norwich some time ago and if Newcastle come in for him, it's a no brainer where his future lies. 

They just down tools now, a formal transfer request means waiving any outstanding loyalty bonuses. 

45 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

But the end of life pathway? Your comment in this thread is the first I've heard of it. 

Pugin created a thread to tell the whole forum that Cantwell had a relative on the end of life pathway, so literally about to die, the phrase was in the thread title. Lots of people pointed out that this was deeply personal and shouldn't have been shared. That thread at some point was deleted (should have been deleted immediately, along with Pugin's account). 

Only... people are still saying that Cantwell has a dying relative four months later. That's not how end of life pathways work, they usually last 2-3 days. 

My mention of it on this thread wasn't actually a pop at Pugin, enough people pointed out that he was being deeply inappropriate at the time, but at those who are still sharing the dying relative rumour now, I'm just pointing out that pathways don't last four months.

But seeing as Pugin wanted to take the opportunity to attack me... I just wanted to remind him that him he's the rumour starter. Every time you hear or read something about Cantwell's sick relative, that has originated from Pugin. Perhaps that is why he's posting on here at 4am instead of sleeping. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I just wanted to remind him that him and his ITK information started the Chinese whispers, he's a rumour starter. 

Maybe next time do that without the tantrum then. Particularly as you seem to get a hard on pointing out when other people are perceived by you to have over-reacted to something, it just makes your own screechy diatribes look even more bizarre.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Maybe next time do that without the tantrum then. Particularly as you seem to get a hard on pointing out when other people are perceived by you to have over-reacted to something, it just makes your own screechy diatribes look even more bizarre.

Okey-doke, you are the tantrum throwing master so I'll take that on board. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

40 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

My final point would be he seems to be the first player who is actively trying to engineer a move from Norwich in a long time. 

Webber outed Howson as a tool downer too didn't he?

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sounds like an idea for all fans attending the Everton match. If Todd’s unable to play (take your pick for all suggested reasons so far) he could lead it on a small stage as the players come out. 

WEB/SITE Family TikTok Dance Choreography with Angga Kara - Site Gallery....I'm all for it!.....

Edited by Mello Yello

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

That made me feel a bit punchy.

Hey, we all want our 15 minutes of Andy Warhol......and a fair few, wanna lot more.....

I think this 'Cantwell is trouble' narrative comes from the fact he was demoted to the u23 squad. There might be fitness reasons for this but players like Byram with much worse injury paths were not demoted to u23 squad. We have no information to go on and it's strange that a player with world at his feet, with an opportunity to nail down a 'Premiership player' legacy has been anonymous. I would expect him to be chomping at the bit to test himself against the very best but I personally am not getting that vibe. 

I think most people feel there is something going on, and in lieu of actual understanding of the situation, it's been filled with a narrative that might not be true. With Webber, we get the truth in the end.

5 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I think most people feel there is something going on, and in lieu of actual understanding of the situation, it's been filled with a narrative that might not be true. With Webber, we get the truth in the end.

Not 100% sure on that.... I am sure however that we will get Webber's version of the truth!

7 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

With Webber, we get the truth in the end.

I'm looking forward to hearing it. 

Cantwell probably won't be shy with his side of the story either.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Okey-doke, you are the tantrum throwing master so I'll take that on board. 

Should've just stuck with the original "K" response before you hit the edit button. For the briefest of moments I thought you might have actually risen above something.

One day.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Should've just stuck with the original "K" response before you hit the edit button. For the briefest of moments I thought you might have actually risen above something.

One day.

K

No, TVB surely didn't start a thread posing a question and requesting people's opinions to then simply argue with everyone who responded showing an opinion that differs from theirs. Surely not.

They'd NEVER do this.

I won't have it.

Complaints on here of people just making up stuff, hearsay and guesswork, but look at is what is not disputed -

1. He delayed and delayed signing a contract last time and then signed for a short term when all other players signed up to long contracts.

2. He is not getting a new contract this time - and the only reason for that could be he has said he doesn't want one and/or that he wants to leave, otherwise the club would be offering him one.

3. He lost focus at the beginning of last season because of transfer speculation.

4. This season he clearly fell out with Farke, for whatever reason.

5. He hasn't yet impressed Smith with his fitness or playing levels.

On the other hand we know he is capable of moments of excellence and when his head is right, is an effective player. Think of Maddison and Godfrey, always focussed and talented and got their big moves. Think of Aarons - always totally focussed and will get his opportunity in due course. Think back to Redmond - another young player who got a lot of criticism - always gave his best and humble with it.

So TC's best bet would be to forget about transfers out, forget about critics, rid himself of distractions and just concentrate on being a good football player for us and clubs will be falling over themselves to sign him. Do that between now and the end of the season and it would redeem him in the eyes of everyone - to do his talking on the pitch and get his big move. If he gets a move now, good, but even if he doesn't he will have the opportunity to stick it to his critics in the best way possible - by producing it on the pitch.

• Like 1