TeemuVanBasten

Anybody else sick of Cantwell's drama...

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Nah he'll find somebody to blame, anybody but him.

It will be Norfolk the place he claims to hold so dear, his superior level of sophistication (and cool) having been 'under appreciated' by us rural bumpkins'.

50 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You could log back into your Terminally Yellow account now to back yourself up. 

What are you on about now.? You are becoming borderline delusional

Him being linked with a host of clubs is hardly drama. It's because he's a good player, despite the OP making it clear Cantwell was going to remiss as a Championship player at best.

Other than being linked with clubs during a transfer window there's been nothing new so not sure why the need to post but each to their own.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

It’s posts like this that turn it into a drama

Often started by the same poster(s). It’s like they have an agenda 

• Like 1

Not bothered about Todd being linked to other clubs-that’s what happens during the transfer window-I’m more bothered that we’re not being linked to any players that could possibly save our season 🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I don't get where this comes from.

And I mean has anything actually been said, I mean you and others perpetuate the myth by going on (and on) about it. And what does it actually mean, bigger than the club, it's just a sound bite isn't it.

Nothing needs to be said I'm fairness my friend. Just look at his behaviour sometimes on and off the pitch. The Christmas giveaway thing he did was a good gesture in fairness but also looked to me like it was a farewell. Just my opinion, could be way off the mark

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I don't get where this comes from.

And I mean has anything actually been said, I mean you and others perpetuate the myth by going on (and on) about it. And what does it actually mean, bigger than the club, it's just a sound bite isn't it.

Well the Dereham Dive does strut about like a prized peacock !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pugin said:

There is no drama. None whatsoever. The player and his manager know that Todd needs 4 or 5 games to get back his match fitness. 

The only drama is created by malignant narcissists on keyboards.

This makes no sense.

So if Pukki was out for the same length of time, we would look to sell him on for a cheap price too because we couldn’t possibly field him for a few games to get him up to match sharpness? Eh?

Todd has been one of our most talented creators over the past three seasons, if the only issue was getting him up to match fitness he’d have been playing a part to get to those levels. As it happens we are doing the exact opposite and actively trying to sell him for a fee roughly half what we would’ve expected in the summer.

All because he simply ‘needs 4/5 games to get to match fitness’, right…

Mad that people are still so determined to stick up for him, he deserves no support from the fanbase until he starts proving himself on the pitch again - but that’s clearly not going to happen (incidentally would love it if it did and gladly hold my hands up). 

Something has gone missing from Todd at NCFC, whatever reason you want to call it; professionalism, focus, commitment, desire, money, wanting to play for a bigger club etc etc, it all reflects pretty badly on him, the local lad. 

And it certainly isn’t a simple matter of match fitness. 

• Like 1

The problem that I had suspected I had with him was confirmed when he released that "we didn't always see eye to eye" statement about Farke.

Listen Todd, you're a twenty year old footballer, not a respected statemen or even a senior squad player.  I don't give a flying f#ck whether you didnt see eye to eye with Daniel.  You do what you are f#ckign well told and show some respect.

So, in short, unless it comes out that he has somehow been grossly mistreated, he can sod off, although I wish him well once he has done so.

• Like 2

Not even in the squad, we havent played for a week and a half and he has a 'slight knock'   (aka Dean Ashton , January transfer window injury)

This we can assume he's off

Probably best all round, he's no good to us on or off the pitch like this.Get some cash in.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why? 

He was out for one month.

Players are constantly having much longer absences and taking no time at all getting back to speed, older players with injury histories as well. Sorenson had 2 whole minutes of football before coming in and doing well, Placheta had long covid and heart problems. 

Cantwell missed 3 or 4 weeks of football and has played 8 games this season + two full U23 games.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why he should not have the required fitness levels. 

Nobody has succeeded in explaining why Cantwell shouldn't be match fit, it makes no sense. There was 3 weeks between Farke telling him to get himself fit in the U23's and Dean Smith putting him back in the side.... and that was 7 weeks ago. So it was about 10 weeks ago that Farke told Cantwell to work on his fitness. A pre-season is only 4 or 5 weeks, and Cantwell's 3 or 4 weeks out injured is shorter than the usual post-season break.

You are trying to rationalise the completely unacceptable, without any attempt to explain your position or logic. Placheta had a much longer absence this season with actual heart problems and has got himself back in good shape. Todd Cantwell is paid a handsome salary to maintain his fitness levels, its like the number 1 priority of any professional athlete. 

You forgot about Byram

21 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

You forgot about Byram

Very good point 

Difference between a professional sportsman and a wannabe celebrity!

He once said he was annoyed because people had said he “wasn’t worthy of the number 14 shirt”

you aren’t worthy of it. Your predecessor is x10 the player you’ll ever be and at the age of 39 id play him right now over you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You people should be ashamed of yourselves ffs!

He has severe family issues again and has asked to be left out. ( A very close family member of his, who is also deeply affected by what’s going on, works with a very close relation of mine.)

None of you have ever asked for time off due to family issues have you? 

Absolutely disgraceful thread 😡😡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paddy tweeted that Cantwell pulled himself out if training yesterday.

final straw for me , need to get rid of the idiot 

7 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He has severe family issues again and has asked to be left out. ( A very close family member of his, who is also deeply affected by what’s going on, works with a very close relation of mine.)

?

i personally think he had a fall out and then this sadly now this family member has taken ill

otherwise the contract would have been signed 

people have time off for family reasons a in all sorts of jobs / walks of life and i totally understand that 

but they do not normally change employees and move when having a rough time 

i think something went wrong last summer before all this family stuff happened 

10 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Footballers are paid a lot of money - more money that the vast majority of us will ever see - to play football. We all have problems, but professionals put that to one side and get on with the job. Whatever is or isn't going on with Todd, he maybe not mentally strong enough?

Whatever is going on, I hope wherever he goes to he can do the business like we all know he can. 

Doesn't necessarily mean he will though.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

?

i personally think he had a fall out and then this sadly now this family member has taken ill

otherwise the contract would have been signed 

people have time off for family reasons a in all sorts of jobs / walks of life and i totally understand that 

but they do not normally change employees and move when having a rough time 

i think something went wrong last summer before all this family stuff happened 

I’ve heard lots of the stories of what’s going on in the lads life, he’s had a rough time tbh, and clowns like those on here don’t really help him either, I hope wherever he goes if he does leave, he can get back to playing his best football. Sadly, I think because there’s so much I’ll feeling now towards him, it’s best he goes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’ve heard lots of the stories of what’s going on in the lads life, he’s had a rough time tbh, and clowns like those on here don’t really help him either, I hope wherever he goes if he does leave, he can get back to playing his best football. Sadly, I think because there’s so much I’ll feeling now towards him, it’s best he goes.

i do not know if he signed a new contract and maybe a bit more open people would understand more ?

no reason why he should tell more of his private life  but the Norwich fans are loyal 

and would support him 

i do not think he helps himself sometimes 

when he was not playing under farke and the old social media came out not injured not this not that

people will guess well what is it then ?? why has one of our brightest stars not playing ?

i am sure and hope he is getting the help he needs whatever the problem is 

11 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Brilliant so it’s the fans fault! The lads 23 he’s in a very fortunate position with talent, he’s not a young teenager! for some reason he’s just not got the mindset for training or commitment. This must impact the squad, as we all say a fully firing Cantwell is an asset to any team.

There’s no I’ll feeling towards him, it’s the situation which the fans aren’t happy with, the club, managers and player are all at odds. The fans are here for the ride and can only comment on what’s in front of them from the pink un, social media and statements!

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why? 

You are trying to rationalise the completely unacceptable, without any attempt to explain your position or logic. Placheta had a much longer absence this season with actual heart problems and has got himself back in good shape. Todd Cantwell is paid a handsome salary to maintain his fitness levels, its like the number 1 priority of any professional athlete. 

You have made my point for me totally convincingly.

Todd's fitness level has appeared lacking. It's been disappointing. But a number of individuals have attempted to turn it into a kitchen sink drama and written a million words about it. It's just a player lacking fitness.

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Brilliant so it’s the fans fault! The lads 23 he’s in a very fortunate position with talent, he’s not a young teenager! for some reason he’s just not got the mindset for training or commitment. This must impact the squad, as we all say a fully firing Cantwell is an asset to any team.

There’s no I’ll feeling towards him, it’s the situation which the fans aren’t happy with, the club, managers and player are all at odds. The fans are here for the ride and can only comment on what’s in front of them from the pink un, social media and statements!

Really? No Ill feeling towards him? Try reading what people are saying on this thread and tell me there’s no Ill feeling!

I agree at times he doesn’t help himself but some of the vitriol that’s posted on here about him, and indeed other players, is disgraceful!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Funny because the club are claiming he has a knock.

I should be ashamed of myself because you've made something up? 

If these problems are so serious he'd want to stay near his family in Norfolk then I presume, and won't be signing for a team in the North of the country? 

You joker.

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’ve heard lots of the stories of what’s going on in the lads life.

Well I heard that his wage demands would require us to far exceed our current maximum wage, by more than 50%, and that he's been trying to force a move to earn what he feels he deserves, fell out with Farke because of that in the summer, and now hasn't been fully committed under Dean Smith because he doesn't want to get injured before the January window. 

Clearly our sources are different. I'll trust mine over yours to be honest, and if he moves hundreds of miles to Newcastle we'll know the serious family issues line is a complete load of nonsense won't we. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

You have made my point for me totally convincingly.

Todd's fitness level has appeared lacking. It's been disappointing. But a number of individuals have attempted to turn it into a kitchen sink drama and written a million words about it. It's just a player lacking fitness.

No, you are making my point perfectly.

You are saying that he lacks fitness,

I'm saying that there is no reason why he should be lacking fitness, he's had months now, and if you believe that he currently has a knock then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Of course, Dean Smith ahead of his first game in charge, which Cantwell started, said that Cantwell's fitness was fine, that he'd been put through all the tests and his numbers were fine, I will listen to our sports science department and manager over you, if that is ok. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If these problems are so serious he'd want to stay near his family in Norfolk then I presume, and won't be signing for a team in the North of the country? 

You joker.

Yep I made it up, of course. 

you are a prize ****

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Yep I made it up, of course. 

you are a prize ****

I'd start ignoring your source if I were you, because he'll be making you silly imminently. 

So if Cantwell moves 250 miles away to Newcastle, and then Webber comes out and informs the fans that Cantwell had downed tools to force a move as his contract demands broke our wage structure, are you going to hold your hands up and admit that you've been spouting nonsense, or are you going to go dead quiet and disappear? I know what my money is on.

54 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd start ignoring your source if I were you, because he'll be making you silly imminently. 

So if Cantwell moves 250 miles away to Newcastle, and then Webber comes out and informs the fans that Cantwell had downed tools to force a move as his contract demands broke our wage structure, are you going to hold your hands up and admit that you've been spouting nonsense, or are you going to go dead quiet and disappear? I know what my money is on.

Well no-one is going to come out at say that, are they.

I'm more amused that you're nearly claiming to be ITK about these things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You joker.

TvB, the club has said Todd removed himself from training yesterday.  This is consistent with having some bad personal news rather than the knock you have reported. 

We are all frustrated that he hasn't pushed on this season.  We all know there is something going on in the background too, it's sad it is dragging on for so long, both for club and for Todd.   

Whether that is a family issue, or an agent turning his head I personally can not say.  If it turns out to be the former, your current position, as stated by Wings of a Sparrow, on here will look as weak as how you are portraying TheBaldOne66's.  How ITK are you?