cambridgeshire canary

Your Charlton predictions

1-0 Charlton. Just think it doesn't matter who we play against, we're completely bereft of confidence, especially in front of goal. I sincerely hope I'm wrong

Head says 1-0 Charlton - heart says 5-0 Norwich. And I honestly think it’s one or the other- if we score first confidence will see us dominate- if they do heads will drop 

4-1 (to the Canaries)

Edited by Ian

2-0 Charlton. We're a lousy cup side even when we're on form and who cares about the FA Cup now anyway? 

2 minutes ago, komakino said:

who cares about the FA Cup now anyway? 

All that is wrong with modern day football, right there in that one line.

• Like 3

Tough away battle where anything can happen. I'll take a win of any stripe, including a penalty shootout win where we score all five where the keeper chucks them in.

I think we'll get through, but we'll go to the well for it. Probably a 2-1 where they equalise or score a late one to tighten the nerves. But if they score first, I think they'll win.

9 minutes ago, komakino said:

2-0 Charlton. We're a lousy cup side even when we're on form and who cares about the FA Cup now anyway? 

'Who cares about the FA cup'

Think I just threw up in my mouth a little reading that

17 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

All that is wrong with modern day football, right there in that one line.

Exactly. 

I used to love the FA Cup. The main channels used to spend a whole day on the final. The clubs would play their best sides. It was a real National Event. 

However, that time has long since past. 

It isn't taken as seriously as it once was and I'm sure some of the biggest clubs view it as a necessary inconvenience. That would only change if a huge sponsor came in and offers a massive amount of cash. 

It's increasingly a relic and I do find that sad, but we are where we are. It offers smaller clubs additional revenue and that is great, but the days where kids dreamt about being a footballer and winning the FA Cup simply no longer exists.  

Edited by komakino

15 minutes ago, komakino said:

who cares about the FA Cup now anyway? 

As somebody who witnessed the 1959 Cup run and all those times we beat "superior clubs" in subsequent years, I still care about it.

Best Cup Competition in the World bar none.

• Like 1

Defeat, hopefully.

With Burnley, Watford and Newcastle out of the competition, we need to join them pronto to have any chance (I know) of escaping relegation.

6 minutes ago, unique said:

Defeat, hopefully.

With Burnley, Watford and Newcastle out of the competition, we need to join them pronto to have any chance (I know) of escaping relegation.

I know what you mean and in normal circumstances we would do what Lambert did and pretend we wanted to win, where we just wanted to get it over and done with. However, we need a result to boost our shattered confidence, so hoping we get one. 

24 minutes ago, unique said:

Defeat, hopefully.

Disagree 100%.

We desperately need something to restart our season and build confidence and motivation.

This is our only chance to do that before we return to PL action on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Hopefully a win and Cambridge at home next round.

Irrelevant competition or not if we lose today the knives will be out.