Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

West Ham taking the wee wee

Just had a quick nose on the Knees Up Mother Brown forum, and this post in a thread about the rescheduled game against us made me chuckle.........

Capto_Capture 2022-01-07_07-50-27_pm.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sooty57 said:

Just had a quick nose on the Knees Up Mother Brown forum, and this post in a thread about the rescheduled game against us made me chuckle.........

Capto_Capture 2022-01-07_07-50-27_pm.png

It’s about right though (again) 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s about right though (again) 

Not so. I understand Delia is taking an unwanted baby doll nightie that Michael bought her for Christmas back to M&S for a refund, which she is kindly donating to the transfer fund.

Nowhere near as much wee taking as the deal that they got for their 60,000 seat stadium. Costing £468 million and paid for by the British taxpayer.

West Ham pay a laughable £2.5 million a season for their 99 year lease. Oh, and they don't even have to pay for policing, stewarding, heating, pitch maintenance or corner flags.

But that cretin Boris Johnson negotiated the deal so I guess we shouldn't be surprised should we? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Nowhere near as much wee taking as the deal that they got for their 60,000 seat stadium. Costing £468 million and paid for by the British taxpayer.

West Ham pay a laughable £2.5 million a season for their 99 year lease. Oh, and they don't even have to pay for policing, stewarding, heating, pitch maintenance or corner flags.

But that cretin Boris Johnson negotiated the deal so I guess we shouldn't be surprised should we? 

You're not a Spurs fan are you? 😂

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It is a shocking deal, 😳 , I do wonder what the deal will look like if West ham went down, and they are playing in that huge stadium with 16000 loyal irons, and the more recent recruits head over to Fulham or Brentford.  Although I thought Chelsea would fail at some point as well, that turned out to be utter rubbish.  😂

11 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

You're not a Spurs fan are you? 😂

I'm not a Spurs fan, I'm not a West Ham fan and I'm not a Boris Johnson fan.

👆

Bluddy Lundun! Blast mi Bor/yew/troshin/etc. 👀

Like when we sang "Lundun Slums/etc" songs to Chelsea whilst walking up The Fulham Rd where a Town House is the price of a Road in Norfolk. So "Village", speed up to slow lads.  

Edited by spencer 1970

20 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You need to find the site on the Internet that shows you what happened to various Ex-Olympic Stadia around the world. 

40 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

You need to find the site on the Internet that shows you what happened to various Ex-Olympic Stadia around the world. 

Er ........... no I don't. Tottenham, West Ham and Orient all wanted to play at the London stadium. Given that there was lots of interest in the stadium Johnson should have negotiated a far better and fairer deal for the tax payer. 

I've actually ran past some of the old Olympic sites when doing the Poseidon Athens half-marathon. That course takes you around Palaio Faliro - the old beach volleyball arena is probably going to be demolished.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Er ........... no I don't. Tottenham, West Ham and Orient all wanted to play at the London stadium. Given that there was lots of interest in the stadium Johnson should have negotiated a far better and fairer deal for the tax payer. 

OK don’t - not bothered either way.

From a point of view of having an asset rotting, rather than using it and all the associated green’ implications.

Should’ve been levelled and turned into Refugee Housing I would guess. 

16 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

OK don’t - not bothered either way.

From a point of view of having an asset rotting, rather than using it and all the associated green’ implications.

Should’ve been levelled and turned into Refugee Housing I would guess. 

They don't all rot do they? Not sure how old you are, but if you are of a certain age you might have been fortunate enough to see a certain team in yellow and green become the first British team to defeat Bayern Munich in the Olympiastadion (clue is in the name). 

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Spurs wanted to knock it down and rebuild it. Completely unviable given the money taken to build it.

When considering the income that they are able to earn from the stadium it is a huge advantage of the type that is never given to provincial teams who need to provide for themselves. Blatant London bias.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

They don't all rot do they? Not sure how old you are, but if you are of a certain age you might have been fortunate enough to see a certain team in yellow and green become the first British team to defeat Bayern Munich in the Olympiastadion (clue is in the name). 

In what way is that different to what has happened to the London stadium?

Without checking, I seem to recall the purpose-built Atlanta 96 Olympic stadium being flattened shortly after the Games for a car-park & shopping centre or some such. 

19 hours ago, Commonsense said:

In what way is that different to what has happened to the London stadium?

It isn't; that's the point I'm making. Foxy was claiming that all Olympic stadiums are left to rot. I'm not against using the Olympic stadium for a football ground at all - it's just that the deal that Johnson did with West Ham was a terrible one for the taxpayer and it gave West Ham a massive and unfair advantage over other clubs. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It isn't that's the point I'm making. Foxy was claiming that all Olympic stadiums are left to rot. I'm not against using the Olympic stadium for a football ground at all - it's just that the deal that Johnson did with West Ham was a terrible one for the taxpayer and it gave West Ham a massive and unfair advantage over other clubs. 

Not forgetting the fact that the stadium move probably broke the Premier League’s rule about moves not adversely affecting other clubs in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location-Orient’s chairman said that he didn’t think the PL had done any meaningful study into how the West Ham’s plan to offer discounted tickets would affect attendances at Brisbane Road.

• Like 1