Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Good January signings

Just now, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Maybe a case for Timm Klose, although not enough to keep us up that year (after his injury)

Pinto was hardly a disaster was he, just Naismith who tarnished that window.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Howson? 

I don't regard Howson as a 'good signing'. His arrival marked the start of a significant downturn in the club's fortunes which led to relegation. There was a bizarre statistical anomaly where we averaged something silly like half a point less per game when he played. I made a spreadsheet about it at the time.

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I don't regard Howson as a 'good signing'. His arrival marked the start of a significant downturn in the club's fortunes which led to relegation. There was a bizarre statistical anomaly where we averaged something silly like half a point less per game when he played. I made a spreadsheet about it at the time.

You sure about this? Because he arrived halfway through a season where we finished 12th, and then played 30 games in a season where we finished 11th?

Besides, our relegation was down to having a manager who doesn't know how to get strikers ticking, at every club he has ever been too he has never improved a striker, in fact usually the complete opposite. Latest one to really struggle under Hughton before scoring again regularly as soon as he is sacked... Lewis Grabban.

Hughton got us relegated, not Howson. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You sure about this? Because he arrived halfway through a season where we finished 12th, and then played 30 games in a season where we finished 11th?

Besides, our relegation was down to having a manager who doesn't know how to get strikers ticking, at every club he has ever been too he has never improved a striker, in fact usually the complete opposite. Latest one to really struggle under Hughton before scoring again regularly as soon as he is sacked... Lewis Grabban.

Funny that,  cos imagine if Petriixos stats are correct  and what he states is true..... a bizarre  statistical  anomaly.  Not proof of anything , just weird  . I don't believe he said Howson got us relegated . Those Dragons are actually  Windmills  Don TuB Quixote. Chill.

• Like 1

If more concerned about the exact price for sales we are unlikely to have sufficient time to get value for money purchases.

Might explain why we are struggling for good examples and will be again.

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's definitely a weird anomaly rather than being his fault. But it was part of a trend where we attempted to upgrade the squad which ultimately backfired. Howson wasn't really a Premier League quality player, lacking the physical attributes required. 

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

It's definitely a weird anomaly rather than being his fault. But it was part of a trend where we attempted to upgrade the squad which ultimately backfired. Howson wasn't really a Premier League quality player, lacking the physical attributes required. 

we had a downturn in that Lambert season once survival was basically secured so I'd imagine his ppg stats weren't great that season but the season we finished 11th, he was a big part of that one. Did he play much during that 10 game unbeaten run?

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

we had a downturn in that Lambert season once survival was basically secured so I'd imagine his ppg stats weren't great that season but the season we finished 11th, he was a big part of that one. Did he play much during that 10 game unbeaten run?

I believe he only started one of the 10 unbeaten games, otherwise played less than 10 minutes as a sub in a handful of the others. My spreadsheet only covered his first 12 months at the club, in which time we averaged 0.66 points per game he started. I guess we/he probably did better after January 2013 to finish 11th.