The Great Mass Debater

Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?

Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Id be relieved !! As I would have wagered @TeemuVanBasten a lot more than a fifty had 5  mill been the amount discussed. Might have had to send the Dogs Swedish au pair home early to cover it. 😉😇👍

I'll cover the money for you if you send the Swedish au pair to me 😂

Sexy Bennett was completely discredited as an ITK in the summer I believe, got found out for talking a load of BS so put the cheque book away for now.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

The whole saga with Todd is sad. He is one of our most gifted players but, for whatever reason, has clearly downed tools and refused to put any effort in this season and it shows. A shadow of the player of last two years. It means he will leave under a cloud when he ought to be celebrated - and saddest of all- I don’t see him becoming the next Ryan Giggs. More likely to become one of many players who went downhill on leaving - we shall see. But all so sad from outside looking in. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The whole saga with Todd is sad. He is one of our most gifted players but, for whatever reason, has clearly downed tools and refused to put any effort in this season and it shows. A shadow of the player of last two years. It means he will leave under a cloud when he ought to be celebrated - and saddest of all- I don’t see him becoming the next Ryan Giggs. More likely to become one of many players who went downhill on leaving - we shall see. But all so sad from outside looking in. 

The lifestyle he leads most likely will mean he ends up a sad bankrupt

Id give the **** away. He doesn't want to be here. Think hes a lot better than us so someone drive him upto wherever 

15 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

More nonsense. Care to put some meat on those bones for us?

In most walks of life, people who continually flaunt excess amounts of money on luxury items like lamborghinis, bentleys other very expensive items but suddenly see an end to their pay day end up in bankruptcy, only need to follow publicly on Instagram to see this lifestyle. Obviously if he gets a big move and raises his game then this might not happen. I hope for his sake that will be the case

27 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Id give the **** away. He doesn't want to be here. Think hes a lot better than us so someone drive him upto wherever 

Ok I'll bite again...what have you seen or heard that makes you think he thinks he's a lot better than us. And who are us?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

In most walks of life, people who continually flaunt excess amounts of money on luxury items like lamborghinis, bentleys other very expensive items but suddenly see an end to their pay day end up in bankruptcy, only need to follow publicly on Instagram to see this lifestyle. Obviously if he gets a big move and raises his game then this might not happen. I hope for his sake that will be the case

A 3 year contract at say £75k per week and he aint going to go bankrupt anytime soon.

Like many footballers he will just buy tons of property.

6 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Ok I'll bite again...what have you seen or heard that makes you think he thinks he's a lot better than us. And who are us?

Do you think he’s 100% committed to the NCFC cause?

We have to be realistic and say it's likely we're going down, and IF(?) one team is going to get out of the bottom 3 it's bound to be Newcastle who can by their way out of trouble. SO, should we not sell him at a (hopefully huge) profit to hope NUFC aren't down with us, as would be easier to battle out the Championship without them in it too. 

I hate to say it but he seems to think he’s bigger than the club and bigger than his roots. The nice touch of driving around Dereham giving out gifts over Xmas feels like a bit of empty gesture, paying lip service. I’ve defended the guy before when he was putting his heart into things but in hindsight this whole saga was never that far away. Disappointed as I thought he could really help out this season. Equally @Christoph Stiepermann raised a good point about his ability off the ball and there doesn’t seem a whole lot he can add to this team when we’re likely, in the Prem, to be without it for long spells. I guess he could have left, if he does go, under better circumstances. Seems like he’s let his ego do the talking and walking. 

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Well our owners don't seem to be committed to staying up...

31 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

You might have the wings of a sparrow but your head is stuck up your crow a*se if you don't think Cantwell has downed tools this season. Disgraceful taking his money and then failing to remain match fit. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

19 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

The nice touch of driving around Dereham giving out gifts over Xmas feels like a bit of empty gesture, paying lip service.

It was very Alan Partridge, done purely for PR to try and improve his public image.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helsinki canary said:

The lifestyle he leads most likely will mean he ends up a sad bankrupt

Yeah, buying Christmas presents and hand-delivering them to people who live in the area he grew up! Waster! 😡

33 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Name the players who you think are?

99% of professional footballers are far more focussed on their career and securing their long-term financial future than the success of the club they are currently *temporarily* playing for. On a scale of loyalty to Norwich City, I’d put Todd far higher than many, including our so-called best player, the loanees and probably Josh Sargent, given the abuse he’s been getting.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

A. I don't know.               

B. It's a completely different question to what I was asking.

It is a sad thread this.  Alan partridge esc or not - he did give gifts out.  He is local boy who we have enjoyed watching, he does seem to think he should be at a ‘better’ club, otherwise I do not understand what has happened (although it is probably not important i do).  The real shame is we could have the next Danny Mills, he will be feeling under valued too.

15-18mil will do. Never will make it here. Has talent but has stagnated. Same with Aaron's who will be off in the summer for 20-25 mil.

If we are not going to play him as a number 10 we should sell him, he fitted our 4231 with three interchangeable #10's but he's not really a winger.

He needs somewhere he will fit in and a manager who believes in him. 

A decent fee would give us the funds to hopefully sign a defensive centre mid of Premier League quality or perhaps a winger who can both beat a player and also pass the ball to his own team mate in the final third of the pitch- ideally both. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Us is norwich city. And I've not seen or heard anything but this isn't the first time he's been bit of a helm. I'd cut ties and get someone who wants to progress with us, not have a sulk and sit out for nearly a third of the season, and when he gets subbed off goes straight down the tunnel (unless he needed the loo) 

18 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

At first I thought he had just fallen out with Farke. However, he’s not got any better since the arrival of Smith and so I think the reason why he’s not performing is because he wants out

Vindication for Farke? Might he also be vindicated on his dropping of Saint Gilmour?

Id argue the Todd and Billy situation were a contributing factor to the decision to dismiss the guy we'd just given a 4 year contract to, 11 games after he won the league

Get off his case. Has no-one ever fallen out at work and moved on to something else?

He has talent, we have all seen it. I hope he gets his move

• Like 2

It all boils down to Todd invited to turn on the City Christmas lights a few years ago.....He's never been the same since.....FACT!....

Obvious....is Obvious......Mark my wurdz.....

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Name the players who you think are?

99% of professional footballers are far more focussed on their career and securing their long-term financial future than the success of the club they are currently *temporarily* playing for. On a scale of loyalty to Norwich City, I’d put Todd far higher than many, including our so-called best player, the loanees and probably Josh Sargent, given the abuse he’s been getting.

That’s clearly not my point. I’m not saying committed in terms of loyalty, I’m talking about being the best professional he can be while he is under contract at NCFC.

The answer is a resounding ‘no’, unfortunately.

Whether that means he thinks he’s bigger than us like Ward suggested of course I don’t exactly no, but the fact is he’s not acted anywhere near as well as probably every other senior player in this team. And it hurts more knowing that’s coming from a Dereham lad.

If you want me to name senior players in our team who have been more committed to the team this season then I will name you every single one.